The worst year of Axl's Life

Guest Gunns

"this is pretty much the worst fucking year of my life,

you get a lot of corporate shit where people go "you gotta man up about this business bullshit thing and that business bullshit thing, anything that makes them money and fucks you and fucks me. "

from osaka 2009

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bh08r6

(thanks TAY)

Does anyone want to speculate further about this? obviously its about the record company screwing Axl over, however do you think maybe the same reasons are occuring now and that's why CD II hasn't been released yet?

Edited by Gunns

Seems to me it's about the Chinese Democracy release maybe referring to Azoff/Best Buy/record label?

sounds like a severe case of collateral damage, hopefully Axl and team gnr have an easier time with the release of cd II, unless of course they've been trying to get it released this whole time...

Does anyone want to speculate further about this? obviously its about the record company screwing Axl over, however do you think maybe the same reasons are occuring now and that's why CD II hasn't been released yet?

Maybe not the same reasons happening all over again but perhaps a lack of motivation for releasing a follow-up stemming from what happened when CD was released.

Maybe not the same reasons happening all over again but perhaps a lack of motivation for releasing a follow-up stemming from what happened when CD was released.

sometimes you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead, and I think maybe relationships and understandings from both sides of the fence, were severed in order to finally get CD out there. maybe that has had an adverse impact on the possibility of future releases at any point in the foreseeable future. Hopefully though team gnr can work through it?

Edited by Gunns

Whatever the problem is the answer is that Axl is a pussy.

Sorry, he waited atleast 10 years to release his album and did nothing to promote it and now 4 years later he's still bitching about something...When you wasted 19 years and you're now 50 every fuck up is on you because you're the one wasting your viable youth imo. It's pathetic. Damn dude. If you hate the old band because of Slash atleast have something big planned for the new band you're paying to follow you around the globe...if not what's the point of any of this?

"this is pretty much the worst fucking year of my life,

you get a lot of corporate shit where people go "you gotta man up about this business bullshit thing and that business bullshit thing, anything that makes them money and fucks you and fucks me. "

from osaka 2009

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bh08r6

i know the feeling.. i can tell everyone here that 2012 has been a difficult year.. as i took it upon myself to save every penny bar a few to not buy anything except food. There are only 10 weeks left to the end of the year and it will be worth it, as my bank balance is looking good in these tough times.. I will have a happy Xams knowing in 2013 I will start the year on a financial high.. fingers crossed the world don't end as many have predicted.. I'm edging my bet's it won't :D

Edit: Axl sounded out of breath during that speech..

Edited by vaida

I think it has to do with chinese democracy failing, the unstable band, and probably the record company.

Axl seems alot happier now, it seems to me like from 06-09 he just seemed downright miserable most of the time.

I'd be pissed off too. Axl had one of the most anticipated comebacks of all time. And it was to put it simply Botched. And I feel most of the reason.. as Axl said himself. How do you take something, and replace it from the ground up. To replace every member and to make

something, something that its not... -I'm paraphrasing horribly from the 2002 VMA's.

But the name he chose to carry took up 14 million dollars to record and more than a decade to record it.

When Axl was rocking two braids with long straight hair and had a six pack at the second New Year's show that was the time image wise to come back. If the record company and him could have released an album and he had a combo of his 1993 / 2010 voice that woulda been the time to do the VMA's.

CD was a fail. I love a lot of it, but to the world it was a fail. It just seems like a bunch of different elements cut and pasted together in the wrong way. It doesn't sound cohesive and the best parts are the ballads. Which for a comeback of the 'most dangerous band in the world' just doesn't work.

Apparently Axl still loves playing or he would have given up after all the bullshit.

The good news is the band is better than ever...... I'm talking post 1993, and they have the potential.

It's up to Axl to get the band together and write what should have been their comeback record. I hope he realizes the mistakes in the cut and pasted CD and gets the band 'TOGETHER' to record.

If CD 1 was the best of the tracks, keep the 'big guns' and for the rest it's time to start from scratch. He said the first was going to be the most guitar driven anyways... and that's what people want.

CD one didn't really succeed. So why put out the leftovers of a non-successful album?

It sold 3 million records, possibly 5 million. I guess you're just another one who can't look beyond America. But keep being bitter about it. Axl doesn't need you.

It's pretty obvious what this is about as far as I can see, Azoff came in and was heavily involved in the CD release but his intention was always a reunion once that elephant was out of the room. He got it to happen with the Eagles and Van Halen so why not Guns N Roses? Therefore (and I'm speculating a little here) doing a lot of publicity surrounding the current band would have been counterproductive to the overall aim of the project and once Axl caught the drift of what Azoff really wanted, he wanted nothing more to do with it and spent his time dragging his feet. Cue early 2009 becoming an absolute legal minefield/battle of wills during which the band could do nothing productive or conventional like embarking on a tour to support an album less than a year after its release.

I think it has to do with chinese democracy failing, the unstable band, and probably the record company.

Axl seems alot happier now, it seems to me like from 06-09 he just seemed downright miserable most of the time.

I'd be pissed off too. Axl had one of the most anticipated comebacks of all time. And it was to put it simply Botched. And I feel most of the reason.. as Axl said himself. How do you take something, and replace it from the ground up. To replace every member and to make

something, something that its not... -I'm paraphrasing horribly from the 2002 VMA's.

But the name he chose to carry took up 14 million dollars to record and more than a decade to record it.

When Axl was rocking two braids with long straight hair and had a six pack at the second New Year's show that was the time image wise to come back. If the record company and him could have released an album and he had a combo of his 1993 / 2010 voice that woulda been the time to do the VMA's.

CD was a fail. I love a lot of it, but to the world it was a fail. It just seems like a bunch of different elements cut and pasted together in the wrong way. It doesn't sound cohesive and the best parts are the ballads. Which for a comeback of the 'most dangerous band in the world' just doesn't work.

Apparently Axl still loves playing or he would have given up after all the bullshit.

The good news is the band is better than ever...... I'm talking post 1993, and they have the potential.

It's up to Axl to get the band together and write what should have been their comeback record. I hope he realizes the mistakes in the cut and pasted CD and gets the band 'TOGETHER' to record.

If CD 1 was the best of the tracks, keep the 'big guns' and for the rest it's time to start from scratch. He said the first was going to be the most guitar driven anyways... and that's what people want.

What's a fail about "Chinese Democracy" if you liked it?

At this point of the game I can't see the record label throwing big dollars into a long drawn out recording process.

I never understood this argument really. Albums that sell far less than CD2 would are given the time and money to record.

Well CD was mostly finished around 2000 and was eight years before it came out.