What's your internet speed?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I know, boring thread, but I just came across this site by a coincidence and made a test.

Wireless:

2240988469.png

With wire:

2241055119.png

http://www.speedtest.net/

I pay for 100 MB per second, so this was a really shitty result. I suppose that it being wireless, that I used some programs that uses internet and that my computer is really slow might affect it? I don't know. It's quite crappy anyway.

What's yours?

Edit: What the hell is ping, by the way?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky broadband is slow but cheap (if you have a bundle including TV).

Really, I would hardly say that 20MB is slow, if anything it is quite fast for UK standards, even when I was in halls in first year the connection would only just about hit 25MB. The only people I know with faster connections are ones with fiber optic, but for me at Uni 20MB is fine between three people and for the price of Sky it is well worth it.

When I am at home I get about 2MB max but my parents don't really want to change as they are happy with the speed.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, the upload speed does suck. It's 15mbps on this and it was 17mbps on the last picture I posted. It's really bad compared to the download speed.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I made a test with it wired!

2241055119.png

How do you add the speedtest thing to you're post?

Make the test and then click on "Share this result". Press the copy button beside the link. Post it as a picture.

[ ...and I pay probably more than any of you for this shit! :rofl-lol:

I don't know about that. This is really expensive. I pay more than 30 Euro a month for this. My old one (Mobile broadband with a download of like 15mbps) didn't cost more than 8 Euro a month.

[ ...and I pay probably more than any of you for this shit! :rofl-lol:

I don't know about that. This is really expensive. I pay more than 30 Euro a month for this. My old one (Mobile broadband with a download of like 15mbps) didn't cost more than 8 Euro a month.

I pay like 55€ a month. facepalm.gif

Edited by izzygirl

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

WHAT THE HELL?!

So I pay almost half of what you pay to get an almost 100 times faster connection. Damn. :lol:

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt