Movies you're looking forward to this and next year?

Vincent Vega

Frankenweenie (out now, gonna see it soon)

The Hobbit Part I (December 14th)

Lincoln (November 9th)

Django Unchained (December)

Les Miserables (December)

Hansel and Gretel: Witchhunters (January 2013)

A Good Day to Die Hard (February 2013)

Oz: The Great and Powerful (March 2013)

Carrie (remake, March 2013)

Jack the Giant Killer (March 2013)

Jurassic Park (3D Re-Release, April 2013)

The Great Gatsby (May 2013)

Man of Steel (June 2013)

Kick Ass 2 (June 2013)

Independence Day (3D Re-Release, July 2013)

The Lone Ranger (July 2013)

The Little Mermaid (3D Re-Release, September 2013)

Ender's Game (November 2013)

Thor: The Dark World (November 2013)

The Hobbit Part II (December 2013)

The biggest cinematic regret of my life was not seeing The Lion King when it was re-released in 3D. I intend not to make that mistake again. They're releasing all the awesome films I was too young to see in theaters, it's like the 90s all over again in a way!

2012: Argo, Anna Karenina, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty, Django Unchained

2013: Gatsby...Jesus, I just checked out 2013 in film on wiki and it looks pretty grim! Er, Jurassic in 3D and August: Osage County, even though I'll hate it because it won't be a patch on the play which I saw several times while working at Sydney Theatre (with the Steppenwolf cast) and the casting of the film disturbs me greatly.

Everyone should be excited for A Bullet To The Head and The Last Stand. If you're not then get out.

At the risk of being banned :P I have to say that both of those movies look terrible. Ever since the Expendables and its parody-like styling, I can't get into derivative action-flicks anymore. I'll likely download them whenever that becomes an option, but it's not 1989 anymore and the genre has moved on. Too bad Arnold and Sylvester haven't done the same.

As of movies I'm looking forward to, these are some that has me excited

2012:

November

Skyfall

Lincoln

Wreck-It Ralph

Flight

December

On The Road

The Hobbit (sort of, wasn't a huge LOTR fan)

Django Unchained

Deadfall (looks great)

Jack Reacher (looks promising)

2012:

Too many to mention, but the two biggest for me are probably Man of Steel and Kick-Ass 2

Edited by downzy

No love for Hitchcock?

I think the trailer looks awful, but everyone else seems to dig it... :confused:

Anthony Hopkins doesn't look anything like himself (or Hitchcock for that matter) so I'm not sure what to make of it. I would have thought theres more story in relation to his obsession with his leading lady blondes than his wife, but what do I know?

Edited by Redhead74

No love for Hitchcock?

I think the trailer looks awful, but everyone else seems to dig it... :confused:

Anthony Hopkins doesn't look anything like himself (or Hitchcock for that matter) so I'm not sure what to make of it. I would have thought theres more story in relation to his obsession with his leading lady blondes than his wife, but what do I know?

Hopkins can be a lazy ass ham, and that's the vibe I'm getting. The make-up (which I agree, isn't great) seems to be doing all the work. There's another (possibly for British television?) biopic due around the same time with Toby Jones, and focusing on his weirdo relationship with Tippi Hedren, which I suspect will be more interesting (God knows, there's no shortage of fascinating material one could mine from the making of Psycho, but if it's in the film, they left it out of the trailer). Sienna Miller plays Hedren, which is much more promising that the idea of Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh and Jessica Biel as Vera Miles (FFS!!). IMO, anyway. :shrugs: