Movies you're looking forward to this and next year?

Vincent Vega

It's probably no surprise I'm waiting for Skyfall.

Looking forward to the new Die Hard, the new Stallone movie (Bullet to the Head), the new Arnold movie (The Last Stand), and the movie Arnold and Stallone are doing together (The Tomb).

2013 will be a good year for action fans.

Saw this trailer recently and have to say I am extremely looking forward to this remake!! Maybe it will make bullies think twice ;)

The original is a genuine psychological masterpiece. I'm interested because Kimberley Pierce has made two films, both of which are extraordinary and I do have faith that she'll approach the material in a bold and thoughtful manner. But that teaser is AWFUL. I am looking forward to Julianne Moore as Mrs White...really not sold on Moretz though. <_<

Edited by Angelica

The original is a genuine psychological masterpiece. I'm interested because Kimberley Pierce has made two films, both of which are extraordinary and I do have faith that she'll approach the material in a bold and thoughtful manner. But that teaser is AWFUL. I am looking forward to Julianne Moore as Mrs White...really not sold on Moretz though. <_<

Agree with you on the original, it's probably my favorite horror film of all time.

What is it about the trailer that you don't like? Yeah I think Chloe is a bit too young and pretty for the role.

Is it just me or does the first voice sound like John Travolta?

Saw this trailer recently and have to say I am extremely looking forward to this remake!! Maybe it will make bullies think twice ;)

Not even watching that trailer. Remakes = shite, and the original is the complete opposite of overdone Hollywood rubbish.

Agree with you on the original, it's probably my favorite horror film of all time.

What is it about the trailer that you don't like? Yeah I think Chloe is a bit too young and pretty for the role.

That it's being sold as a standard issue teen slasher pic. It's a psych thriller, not a conventional gore fest. It's not young and pretty that's bothering me re Chloe, it's hamminess and overacting. Her line readings in Dark Shadows were amateurish to the point of being embarassing. I think she's been strong in a couple of things, but she's become very mannered very quickly and I'm afraid she's going to go way over the top. Spacek's performance is so iconic because it did the opposite.

That it's being sold as a standard issue teen slasher pic. It's a psych thriller, not a conventional gore fest. It's not young and pretty that's bothering me re Chloe, it's hamminess and overacting. Her line readings in Dark Shadows were amateurish to the point of being embarassing. I think she's been strong in a couple of things, but she's become very mannered very quickly and I'm afraid she's going to go way over the top. Spacek's performance is so iconic because it did the opposite.

Exactly my point. If you're ever in the mood for bludgeoning these hacks to death, give me a call :lol:

I haven't heard too much about the film, but Chloe did say the remake will be more of an adaption of the book and "darker and much more psychological" than the original ... so maybe it will be more like Silence of the Lambs and less like Friday the 13th? :shrugs: