Was the Better video planned to be something different than what it came out to be?

izzydoezit

and maybe that's why Axl didn't release it in the form it got leaked?

Was it supposed to be a video with a scenario etc like the old vids? Anyone can guess what the reason it was not ever released was?

Does Axl have official or unofficial but stated plans for a new video?

Edited by izzydoezit

Was it supposed to be a video with a scenario etc like the old vids? Anyone can guess what the reason it was not ever released was?

I think Axl intended for the video to be live shots of the band no matter what. Maybe he just hated the quality, and because of mixed reactions towards chinese at the time, figured it wouldn't be worth the public abuse to release it.

Makes sense to me becxause at the time he wanted to release it, the album had just been released and he was in here chatting it up with the fans. So figure..

It wasn't released because of Axl. And no- Axl doesn't have any plans for shit. He just tours & tours and has a list of 30-35 songs and plays 25 or so most nights. And mixes in these "jams" for God knows why,

There was a treatment for an animation... the story had something to do with a bird... one of the themes was 'love lost' if I remember correctly. I don't remember his name, but a well-established director was supposed to make it. I saw a reply to an e-mail some fan sent him asking about the video and he said that he had a treatment written , but unfortunately it didn't work out... for whatever reason

he did say it was a beautiful story and having seen the live video I'm sure it would've been a better fit for the song...the unreleased live video imo is not up to par with the high quality videos that Gn'R released it the past and I'm glad that it was never released...as a die hard fan it was cool to see the live footage though

Edited by ppruks

IMO the video never came out because the band had different members . There was no brain, fink or bucket - why release a video of live shots of member that are no longer in the band?

IMO the video never came out because the band had different members . There was no brain, fink or bucket - why release a video of live shots of member that are no longer in the band?

cuz it also showed bumblefoot and frank ferrar. It was only discluding Dj so just don't think it was that big of a deal. IMO they should have released it no matter what. That video doesn't make things any worse, just gives ya a headache

Better video was supposed to be the best movie on rock industry ! An axl's brilliant concept with robin finck showcased as the star attraction of the video !

this and many more is what's so fuckin' AWESOME about the better music video !

SHOW RESPECT TO BETTER VIDEO !

SincerlEry,

Your Commander IN Chief

Better video was supposed to be the best movie on rock industry ! An axl's brilliant concept with robin finck showcased as the star attraction of the video !

this and many more is what's so fuckin' AWESOME about the better music video !

SHOW RESPECT TO BETTER VIDEO !

SincerlEry,

Your Commander IN Chief

Finck6 you`re the worst poster here you fucking brainless halfwit

SincerlEry,

Your Commander IN Chief

Edited by Son of a Guns

Someone on this board said that a while back they thought the better

music video (as leaked) was the type of thing that would have

been a bonus on the CD disc to introduce people to the new band, rather than

a music video that would be released to music channels. That made sense

to me.

Someone on this board said that a while back they thought the better

music video (as leaked) was the type of thing that would have

been a bonus on the CD disc to introduce people to the new band, rather than

a music video that would be released to music channels. That made sense

to me.

'Sense' is not a word one must use for the New GNR.

I could see it being run in stores. When you watch a music video, they don't put the band logo on there and show band member names on it, esp. ones no longer in the band. It looks like a promotion for "Chinese Democracy". Now when bands have a new song out, they'll put something out there with the words running across the screen. Some of them look pretty cool, actually.

I wish Axl said he was debating on putting it out instead of saying he WAS going to put it out. I guess he didn't want to bother with it and just let it disappear altogether, but they should have said why they shelved it. It can't be called an "official" video because it's "unreleased". "It's So Easy" isn't an "official" video, but it's pretty tame stuff and I could see it being released, maybe a revamp of "Welcome to the Videos".

Maybe the animation was going to take too long and be too costly. The post-production studio that did the video was in its infancy - had he gone to them now, they'd prob. want way more money. He prob. could've had some Art Institute kids do it for the credit though and have it done in 2 months.

mendosa is not finck6. finck6 is queenie, aka queeno666, aka kenshin, aka vegeta6.

yeah i am not finck6 aka queenie, but I love the way he posts and cupcake you with Mr robin Finck

Maybe the animation was going to take too long and be too costly. The post-production studio that did the video was in its infancy - had he gone to them now, they'd prob. want way more money. He prob. could've had some Art Institute kids do it for the credit though and have it done in 2 months.

Axl should've ask the great film maker andy phillips to work on better video instead of kicking him out of stage !!

SincerlEry,

Your Commander In Chief