Axl Rose-inspired fashion line from 2006

6lake sa66ath

Hi all, I seem to remember coming across discussion about this collection from Spring/Summer of 2006 from a label called Number (N)ine, which is now defunct.

I just wanted to see if other members on this forum managed to secure any pieces from the range as there were loads of items, pretty much everything was directly influenced by something Axl had worn, from the bandanas to leather jacket to the tighty whiteys and even some Converse Weapons in white and red with N(N) on the tongue instead of "Axl".

Would love to see pictures of what anyone has!

Meanwhile, here are lookbook pictures from a Japanese fashion mag I managed to find:

secretbasemagjpnNnss20068.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20067.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20066.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20065.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20064.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20063.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20062.jpg

secretbasemagjpnNnss20061.jpg

Edited by Blake Sabbath
  • Like 1

What?

Oh, now I get it.

We've been through this before I swear.

We have. It's odd.

Anyway, this fashion line shit annoys the hell out of me. Shit NO ONE would fucking buy, let alone wear in public.

If they had a line for the actual stuff he was wearing in 06, a ton of people would have bought that shit up and would still be wearing it to this day. I know I would.

Anyway, this fashion line shit annoys the hell out of me. Shit NO ONE would fucking buy, let alone wear in public.

If they had a line for the actual stuff he was wearing in 06, a ton of people would have bought that shit up and would still be wearing it to this day. I know I would.

+1 I want AXL SWAG

What?

Oh, now I get it.

We've been through this before I swear.

We have. It's odd.

I too!!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

When Axl wore these outfits he looked awesome in them. Nobody else could pull them off and why would they want to? He simply looked cool. Seeing them now on a model makes them look silly, but in time and places they were actually worn...BADASS!

Yes! I love when guys are daring enough to take a chance and wear weird stuff. Axl could've worn anything and looked cool back then.

When Axl wore these outfits he looked awesome in them. Nobody else could pull them off and why would they want to? He simply looked cool. Seeing them now on a model makes them look silly, but in time and places they were actually worn...BADASS!

Yes! I love when guys are daring enough to take a chance and wear weird stuff. Axl could've worn anything and looked cool back then.

Totally agree. However, I think the fact that this fashion magazine has done this shoot is quite flattering to Axl's legacy. I don't know of any other rock stars from 25 years ago that have had retro inspired fashion shoots inspired from them. It indicates that he had his own style and made his own mark on how people dress for that period in time. The fashion industry doesn't think much past 6 months, so to have his style recognised all these years later is flattering (even though the model doesn't look anywhere near as cool).

• 2 years later...