Jakarta 15th Dec 2012

Amir

Considering they've confirmed the Jakarta date, any Australians can pretty much assume that Australian dates will be coming soon. You don't travel to the other side of the world to do a few one-off shows. Congrats to GNR fans in that part of the world.

I'm in New Zealand, we require a passport to go to Australia, New Zealand is not part of Australia its a totally different country. If they don't come here we will need to travel to Australia.

If they're playing Jakarta, and they're likely to play Australia, chances are they'll play New Zealand. As I said in my post, it makes little economic sense to send your gear, crew and bandmates to the other side of the world without playing as many shows to make up these costs. It's why few bands play those markets. The costs are so high that a large fan base is required. I wouldn't worry too much about having to go to Australia if that is what happens. I'd be shocked if they played Australia and skipped New Zealand.

Does anybody know how can I get a backstage pass?

Are you an attractive female with good oral skills?

Haha good one. No, this will be my first GNR concert as I'm from Jakarta.

I don't have enough money to travel all over the world like you guys.

So it is once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

Honestly, getting backstage is likely a big waste of your time. Most backstages have different zones of clearance, so even if you get to one section you'll likely be bared from the sections where you'd meet band members (particularly Axl). If you're dead set on meeting band members to get autographs and whatnot, your best bet is to wait outside the arena or find out what hotel they're staying at (a few mygnrforum members had success this way in Europe). When GNR played here in Toronto, Canada, youtube clips made it fairly clear what hotel they were staying at. Having ridden in Axl's limo bus back to his hotel, I know they don't take him through a private entrance in the back of the hotel. If you time it right, you should be able to get a pic or autograph by hanging around the front door. Mind you, how important is this to you that you'd waste a lot of hours on a fluke chance?

This maybe my only chance to meet the band members and/ Axl since I do not travel the world a lot. But thanks for the advice. I will find out locally which hotel they stay in. But still I NEED those backstage pass.

Maybe find out the hotel, meet them there on arrival with drinks & offer to carry their luggage to their rooms. Then you might get a backstage pass if you still want one :thumbsup:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk to bumblefoot on facebook, or just try and go early to the venue and see if you can find Del James, bumblefoot or some other guy...del usually gives backstage passes

Talk to bumblefoot on facebook, or just try and go early to the venue and see if you can find Del James, bumblefoot or some other guy...del usually gives backstage passes

Hmmmmmmmmm never knew it was that easy to score a backstage pass, Might try myself if it's this easy.

Considering they've confirmed the Jakarta date, any Australians can pretty much assume that Australian dates will be coming soon. You don't travel to the other side of the world to do a few one-off shows. Congrats to GNR fans in that part of the world.

I'm in New Zealand, we require a passport to go to Australia, New Zealand is not part of Australia its a totally different country. If they don't come here we will need to travel to Australia.

If they're playing Jakarta, and they're likely to play Australia, chances are they'll play New Zealand. As I said in my post, it makes little economic sense to send your gear, crew and bandmates to the other side of the world without playing as many shows to make up these costs. It's why few bands play those markets. The costs are so high that a large fan base is required. I wouldn't worry too much about having to go to Australia if that is what happens. I'd be shocked if they played Australia and skipped New Zealand.

Honestly, getting backstage is likely a big waste of your time. Most backstages have different zones of clearance, so even if you get to one section you'll likely be bared from the sections where you'd meet band members (particularly Axl). If you're dead set on meeting band members to get autographs and whatnot, your best bet is to wait outside the arena or find out what hotel they're staying at (a few mygnrforum members had success this way in Europe). When GNR played here in Toronto, Canada, youtube clips made it fairly clear what hotel they were staying at. Having ridden in Axl's limo bus back to his hotel, I know they don't take him through a private entrance in the back of the hotel. If you time it right, you should be able to get a pic or autograph by hanging around the front door. Mind you, how important is this to you that you'd waste a lot of hours on a fluke chance?

This. Backstage isn't all that special. I've had passes for GN'R and Anthrax. GN'R was meh....Anthrax was pretty cool (Ending up eating dinner with Joey Belladonna, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, and Charlie Benante). I know quite a few people who got backstage passes to Maiden over the summer, a few people met Steve Harris and that was it.

This. Backstage isn't all that special. I've had passes for GN'R and Anthrax. GN'R was meh....Anthrax was pretty cool (Ending up eating dinner with Joey Belladonna, Scott Ian, Frank Bello, and Charlie Benante). I know quite a few people who got backstage passes to Maiden over the summer, a few people met Steve Harris and that was it.

It all depends, really. If you ask Randy he'll tell you about meeting Axl, etc. That is pretty special.

It all depends, really. If you ask Randy he'll tell you about meeting Axl, etc. That is pretty special.

No offense, but Randy who? I'm buying a VIP ticket. It cost around $200.

Can somebody pm me del or bumble email address? Thank you.

Im guessing this will be with the india dates, and then include south korea/ japan/ australia.

You would think, but it's interesting that the India dates haven't been confirmed yet even though they're suppose to take place in a little less than two months. I wouldn't be surprised if the India dates get scratched but they tour Australia, S. Korea, New Zealand, Japan and perhaps some other remote places with large populations (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, etc.).

Im guessing this will be with the india dates, and then include south korea/ japan/ australia.

You would think, but it's interesting that the India dates haven't been confirmed yet even though they're suppose to take place in a little less than two months. I wouldn't be surprised if the India dates get scratched but they tour Australia, S. Korea, New Zealand, Japan and perhaps some other remote places with large populations (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, etc.).

Not really important, as the Indian dates are festivals, so most tickets will sell anyway.

Not really important, as the Indian dates are festivals, so most tickets will sell anyway.

Didn't realize that they were festivals so I suppose this makes some sense. Though it's not without precedent, I do find it interesting that it's almost been a month since Indian promoters have advertised GNR performances without any mention of these shows on GNR's official website (especially considering the Jakarta date was announced the other day). I wouldn't blame GNR if they flaked on the Indian dates since the country hasn't been a favourable place for large international acts.

Didn't realize that they were festivals so I suppose this makes some sense. Though it's not without precedent, I do find it interesting that it's almost been a month since Indian promoters have advertised GNR performances without any mention of these shows on GNR's official website (especially considering the Jakarta date was announced the other day). I wouldn't blame GNR if they flaked on the Indian dates since the country hasn't been a favourable place for large international acts.

Yes mate they have messed some bands around awfully, Metallica really suffered from some severe corrupt going ons, Hopefully new promotion team will be the difference. If they do tour there, trust me, it would be amazing, new to music concerts so the crowds are off the hook.

Edited by bionic56

Can't believe there coming so close to Australia and most likely (due to time restrictions/Xmas/etc) won't be touring here shortly after, I'm not flying to indonesia either :lol: !