BOARD UPGRADE 3.1.3 -> 3.3.4

highvoltage

Maybe this isn't a very important thing and it's just me and if I'm honest I don't really sure how it was before, but I think the quotes are less clear now. Maybe every second could have a darker and the next a lighter tone or something or at least make the line with the name another shade or tone than the rest of the quote, to make it more clear.

Agreed

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this isn't a very important thing and it's just me and if I'm honest I don't really sure how it was before, but I think the quotes are less clear now. Maybe every second could have a darker and the next a lighter tone or something or at least make the line with the name another shade or tone than the rest of the quote, to make it more clear.

Agreed

+1

(God, I've just realised I'm very demanding...)

Not a big fan of the darker contrast between sections, either. i.e. the section containing the avatar is lighter than the post-containing section.

Also, the big box at the top of each page when you open a thread stating what the title of the thread is is kind of obnoxious.

Again, I am on my work computer so it may look different when I get home, which is where I care about it more. So I'll post again after I get home.

It looks good, but really have to get used to it.

A few things:

Yellow edit line needs to go! Please!

The tekst is a little too small, especially when quoting,, for my eyes. But I can enlarge it myself ofcourse.

Why can't I post emoticons? (I have an Ipad)

Edited by MBRose

Guest RonMexico82

Am I the only one that kind of laughed reading through the suggestions here thinking that if this continues it will look like there has been no upgrade :lol:

Only been online for a little while, but I don't like the profile pics on the main page. It makes it look like GNR's official forum (which is the worst forum I've ever been on). Also, I really dislike the way you have to go into Profile Feed or whatever it's called to view your comments and it's a complicated mess.

If I can make a suggestion, there is a lot of room on the side of the front page now. Maybe we can put status updates there (with the option of minimizing).

I like how the forum auto saves while you write posts. I hated when I'd write something and it would get lost forever.

Edit: The profile pics in chat are annoying as well imo.

Edited by wfse

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Nice job with the upgrade guys, looks good!

One of the things I really liked with the old boards was the auto-spellcheck, that appears to be gone now. Can it be brought back? Is there some sort of setting I can change to bring it back for just me?

I think that's something your web reader had, not the forum itself, but it seemed to have disabled it for some reason. Maybe it was because I deleted the caches or whatever, I don't know. Either way, you can right clock on a word and and then pick the language. At least on Firefox.

Nice job with the upgrade guys, looks good!

One of the things I really liked with the old boards was the auto-spellcheck, that appears to be gone now. Can it be brought back? Is there some sort of setting I can change to bring it back for just me?

I think that's something your web reader had, not the forum itself, but it seemed to have disabled it for some reason. Maybe it was because I deleted the caches or whatever, I don't know. Either way, you can right clock on a word and and then pick the language. At least on Firefox.

Yup, it's back on now. Thanks SS!

Well this is fancy!

One thing, and I don't know how feasible this is for you guys to do, but it would be nice to have the top bar lock to the top of the screen as you scroll down, with the buttons for the main page, your profile/inbox etc, and maybe the thread title? Thoughts?

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen