More @GunsNRoses cryptic tweets

Un42nutzly

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really i love Axl, but there is no way in this lifetime he could pull off Perfect Crime, And COMA no way on this earth , a 11 minute song which would finally kill his voice finally.

We don't know if the residency shows are going to be a little shorter, plus it all depends on how they pace the songs. Coma's just a long ass song that gets really fast for him at the end. It's not even a fast song in itself, but it's the length of that and Locomotive that are reasons why he rarely does them. Also keep in mind he did Perfect Crime as the first song in the past. There's a lot of songs that are hard on his voice that he does every night.

Really i love Axl, but there is no way in this lifetime he could pull off Perfect Crime, And COMA no way on this earth , a 11 minute song which would finally kill his voice finally.

We don't know if the residency shows are going to be a little shorter, plus it all depends on how they pace the songs. Coma's just a long ass song that gets really fast for him at the end. It's not even a fast song in itself, but it's the length of that and Locomotive that are reasons why he rarely does them. Also keep in mind he did Perfect Crime as the first song in the past. There's a lot of songs that are hard on his voice that he does every night.

Yes good point mate. But i'd rather have the memory of Perfect Crime when he come on stage as a bad mother fucker on top of the world in 1991. He's great now, but some songs i hope he doesn't attempt.

I don't want to hear Axl try "Coma" or "Perfect Crime" with the Mickey Mouse voice

Leave the memories alone!

Yes, because bad experiences with GN'R today sure ruins the memories we have of the band from 20 years ago!

Old Man Axl trying this would be sad as fuck:

Nah, it would be cool as fuck as long as he doesn't try to sing it exactly the way he did before. And it wouldn't damage the memories at all. Hey, a little bit of clean voice on that song may make it a lot more pleasant to listen to than that horrible chainsaw, growling voice of his in the 90s that only fanboys can love.

Edited by SoulMonster

I don't want to hear Axl try "Coma" or "Perfect Crime" with the Mickey Mouse voice

Yes, because bad experiences with GN'R today sure ruins the memories we have of the band from 20 years ago!

Nah, it would be cool as fuck as long as he doesn't try to sing it exactly the way he did before. And it wouldn't damage the memories at all. Hey, a little bit of clean voice on that song may make it a lot more pleasant to listen to than that horrible chainsaw, growling voice of his in the 90s that only fanboys can love.

Mate if all you ever do is argue with every single post atleast argue a valid point. Even the most positive Axl fan could not a make a justified argument for Axl to sing this song, Really you are so full of great points, and on the whole you are very intelligent, but when you argue for the sake of it, all your credibility goes through the window.

Mate if all you ever do is argue with every single post atleast argue a valid point. Even the most positive Axl fan could not a make a justified argument for Axl to sing this song, Really you are so full of great points, and on the whole you are very intelligent, but when you argue for the sake of it, all your credibility goes through the window.

See also: Mister Saint Laurent

Oh come on! There are still some here I haven't argued with!

But seriously, I would love for the current band to play Perfect Crime. The worst thing that can happen is that it isn't very good and they stop playing it. No loss. The potential upside, on the other hand, is substantial, even if Axl must sing it in a cleaner voice or perhaps not run around as much. It is still a bloody awesome song.

And as for that performance of Perfect Crime in the youtube video: The vocals aren't good at all (they are horrible grating noises), but the performance is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. In my humble opinion, of course ;). I think most people would prefer Axl's singing style as of today than what he did in the 90s -- although I realize that is blasphemy around here :D

The coolest thing, imo, would be for the band to play a couple songs that THIS band created. To showcase the current band. I'd much rather see what this band can do as a true band, rather than seeing them cover 20 year old songs. Hopefully Axl will give these guys their time to shine.

But seriously, I would love for the current band to play Perfect Crime. The worst thing that can happen is that it isn't very good and they stop playing it. No loss. The potential upside, on the other hand, is substantial, even if Axl must sing it in a cleaner voice or perhaps not run around as much. It is still a bloody awesome song.

And as for that performance of Perfect Crime in the youtube video: The vocals aren't good at all (they are horrible grating noises), but the performance is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. In my humble opinion, of course ;). I think most people would prefer Axl's singing style as of today than what he did in the 90s -- although I realize that is blasphemy around here :D

haha Well thanks for the cool reply. Well i just hope you're right and he pulls it off. The video was not the best example of the song, i believe that the Noblesville 1991 concert was pretty poor. Better to take Crime from Wembley/ Nassau Colliseum 91 awsome.

The coolest thing, imo, would be for the band to play a couple songs that THIS band created. To showcase the current band. I'd much rather see what this band can do as a true band, rather than seeing them cover 20 year old songs. Hopefully Axl will give these guys their time to shine.

I think most here agree with that, but you keep saying it so much I think you ought to put it in your signature.

I think most here agree with that, but you keep saying it so much I think you ought to put it in your signature.

haha

This ! Great post, but somehow we are hoping for something that Axl doesn't want.

My brother's sister's husband is good friends with Tommy's agent. Apparently Axl is fed up with the label refusing to release CD 2, so to spite them the band is going to play all 15 songs live during the Vegas shows.

This made me think of this quote from Spaceballs:

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.

Lone Starr: What?

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Lone Starr: What's that make us?

Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

Ali

My brother's sister's husband is good friends with Tommy's agent. Apparently Axl is fed up with the label refusing to release CD 2, so to spite them the band is going to play all 15 songs live during the Vegas shows.

This made me think of this quote from Spaceballs:

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.

Lone Starr: What?

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Lone Starr: What's that make us?

Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

Ali

You watched Space Balls? Did Axl mention that as a movie he liked!!!! (just kidding).

Soul, I'm glad you noticed that. A couple posters on here say all I'm a hater who hates Axl and the new band.

Axl is my favorite singer and this band has shown that they kick some ass live - they do a great job covering all the GnR back catalog.

I'd love to see what they can do with their own material.

I hope Axl decides to release new music in the future. These guys deserve a chance to shine!!! And, millions of FANS would love to hear new music from Axl.

haha Well thanks for the cool reply. Well i just hope you're right and he pulls it off. The video was not the best example of the song, i believe that the Noblesville 1991 concert was pretty poor. Better to take Crime from Wembley/ Nassau Colliseum 91 awsome.

Axl & Baz told the story about Nassau on Eddie Trunk's show, it's a good thing that show didn't turn into a riot. I wonder if that show is on a personal favorite of the band's.

Axl & Baz told the story about Nassau on Eddie Trunk's show, it's a good thing that show didn't turn into a riot. I wonder if that show is on a personal favorite of the band's.

Ha yes i remember, defo for sure on my personal favourites, loved 1991 they were so raw and exciting.