Anyone else really love Death Magnetic?

Towelie

everyone shits on this album because of the mixing, i mean yeah its a little loud but i think thats what makes it part of a metallica record, loud epicness haha

No the mixing is simply shit, it was mixed too loud and as a result it sounds like shit. Its been compressed and peaks out all the time, the mixes that were in Rock Band were far better.

One of Metallica's best! Bad production though.....

How? You think it's even comparable to Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, and Justice?

It is. It just sounds like shit. However I will say James' lyrics on the first half of the album suck. Just a whole lot of nothing about nothing.

One of Metallica's best! Bad production though.....

How? You think it's even comparable to Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, and Justice?

It is. It just sounds like shit. However I will say James' lyrics on the first half of the album suck. Just a whole lot of nothing about nothing.

In what way? They just revisited ideas from Justice for the most part, and it sounds like after st. anger they just said: 'oh well, let's just recreate something that worked for us in the past'. No moving forward or any indication of a desire to do something fresh imo.

They got it right the first time with Justice, they took it pretty far. I don't see the need for DM when they could have taken a chance, pushing themselves just a little. They always progressed in their prime. Part of the reason I loved them as a band.

I don't even listen to the retail version anymore. I ditched that shit a long time ago. You have to find one of the famous Moderus or Decipher remixes of the album or whatever they're called.

I like the album, but it's not their best. Looks like gold next to St. Anger, but so does everything. I do wish a couple of the songs from Beyond Magnetic had been on the album. They were pretty cool too.

Edited by Zeppelin

I'd like to add that the hangover of St. Anger and Hammett's lack of solos made his solos pretty pointless on Death Magnetic. I like the album, but his solos are shit, sound extremely forced, and are complete wankery. And no, they haven't always been like that. Hammett, like Lars, used to write decent passages for their songs. The best solo on the album is Hetfield's on Suicide & Redemption. Particularly, the extended version of the instrumental.

Everyone freaked out about Hammett not soloing on St. Anger, but I would take no guitar solos any day over forced garbage like what is on DM. Even Kirk's most memorable solo on the album, on The Unforgiven III, is so shitty when you compare it to his solo on the original Unforgiven on TBA. It's like night and day, and it's unfortunate that it is so noticeable.

hate it

would rather listen to st anger

ST Anger is atrocious unlistenable lousy pile of crap I wanted to chop my ears off when I was listening to that abortion DM is much better there are some highlights on that album

i agree it is total shit but at least with st anger you could feel that the anger and aggression was back in the band, death magnetic was so plastic and emotionless it wasnt even funny, hence why i would rather listen to st anger at least it has some kind of feeling. :lol:

hate it

would rather listen to st anger

ST Anger is atrocious unlistenable lousy pile of crap I wanted to chop my ears off when I was listening to that abortion DM is much better there are some highlights on that album

i agree it is total shit but at least with st anger you could feel that the anger and aggression was back in the band, death magnetic was so plastic and emotionless it wasnt even funny, hence why i would rather listen to st anger at least it has some kind of feeling. :lol:

I did n`t find any anger or aggression in ST Anger whale shit from start to finish album sounds like some random lame ass Nu Metal band wanking on their instruments Lars was thrashing garbage cans holy fuck it was abysmal