Billy Corgan likes Chinese Democracy

monkey2233

The Howard Stern interview was way more revealing. It was funny to hear him talk about James Iha estrangement with surprise. Never mentioned re-recording the band members parts and parentally thought James Iha should have consulted him for advice on his solo record.

"And unfortunately when they were out touring on that record, I didn’t get a chance to see them. But I would have gone."

That one is funny.

Never had a chance in 11 years????

Where have you been? Mars?

I'm guessing he's referring to the 2009-2012 tours.

Thanks for the link, good interview, I'm a huge Pumpkins fan

The difference between Billy and Axl is that Corgan has no problems with releasing new music which is in fact awesome. Oceania is so far my favourite album this year. And I have to say Billy sounds better during the live gigs than he did in 90's.

But it's always good to hear something possitive from one of my favourite musicians about another. :)

The difference between Billy and Axl is that Corgan has no problems with releasing new music which is in fact awesome. Oceania is so far my favourite album this year. And I have to say Billy sounds better during the live gigs than he did in 90's.

But it's always good to hear something possitive from one of my favourite musicians about another. :)

Oceania is brilliant :thumbsup: One of my top picks for this year too.

"It makes me look like I’m being difficult, because I don’t want to reform with people who have driven me up the wall, killed my desire to play music and have sued me. But I’m supposed to get back up on stage so they can relive their dream? They forget about my dream. Which is to be a musician in a band with people who actually want to be there with me. Let’s not forget about that end of the dream."

That stood out the most.

As far as Billy not going to see GNR goes, maybe he was never able to because he was in work mode or touring. That's not unusual to hear.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/17/smashing-pumpkins-frontman-billy-corgan-what-i-learned-as-a-rock-star.html

Billy on Axl not attending the RRHOF: “I actually really appreciate the position that Axl was in and why he didn’t want to go. I think he felt like he was being set up, and in a way he was wise not to go because he would only have come out like he was being a spoiled sport... he didn’t want to play nice with the old team, and he obviously has his personal reasons. But also, the minute he gets up onstage with the original band, then everything he does that isn’t like that is like, it’s almost as if he’s trying not to do something, and he hasn’t been doing it in many years.”

"It makes me look like I'm being difficult, because I don't want to reform with people who have driven me up the wall, killed my desire to play music and have sued me. But I'm supposed to get back up on stage so they can relive their dream? They forget about my dream. Which is to be a musician in a band with people who actually want to be there with me. Let's not forget about that end of the dream."

Beautiful words

"It makes me look like I’m being difficult, because I don’t want to reform with people who have driven me up the wall, killed my desire to play music and have sued me. But I’m supposed to get back up on stage so they can relive their dream? They forget about my dream. Which is to be a musician in a band with people who actually want to be there with me. Let’s not forget about that end of the dream."

"end of the dream"

lol.

sounds like corgan takes himself as seriously as axl does. poor guys. it's only rock n' roll.

"Once we clear the Pumpkins’ first era, then I have about 65 unreleased Zwan songs, I have a ton of unreleased stuff relating to my solo album ‘The Future Embrace,’ and then there’s a ton of ‘Zeitgeist’ demos, probably songs I should have put on the album, that are pretty interesting and well-done. Also I have two unreleased acoustic records, plus an unreleased acoustic soundtrack — three albums worth of acoustic albums from the mid-2000s that are totally unreleased. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically."

wowzers, take note Axl.

sounds like corgan takes himself as seriously as axl does. poor guys. it's only rock n' roll.

You take Axl seriously enough to spend your time on a website devoted to his band even though you don't like his band anymore. If he was able to make you care that much about his music and take his art that seriously that you still can't let go after all this time, I'd imagine he takes his art quite seriously as well.

Although I may have a better idea than most here about Axl's views, I don't want to speak for him as we've never spoken directly.

But I did talk to Billy for quite a while earlier this year both on and off the air when he came on my radio show and you're damn right he takes his work seriously. It's his life. You say it's "only rock n' roll," but if RNR was so trivial, would you care enough about it to be posting here? It's his job, it's his passion, it's his life's work.

Maybe if purposely seeking negative attention on the internet wasn't your only creative outlet, you would understand.

Cock tease

You take Axl seriously enough to spend your time on a website devoted to his band even though you don't like his band anymore. If he was able to make you care that much about his music and take his art that seriously that you still can't let go after all this time, I'd imagine he takes his art quite seriously as well.

Although I may have a better idea than most here about Axl's views, I don't want to speak for him as we've never spoken directly.

But I did talk to Billy for quite a while earlier this year both on and off the air when he came on my radio show and you're damn right he takes his work seriously. It's his life. You say it's "only rock n' roll," but if RNR was so trivial, would you care enough about it to be posting here? It's his job, it's his passion, it's his life's work.

Maybe if purposely seeking negative attention on the internet wasn't your only creative outlet, you would understand.

are you seriously going to lecture me on seeking negative attention on the internet? you? the self-professed "chinese democracy guy?" that's funny as hell.

and yeah, that's why i'm still here... for laughs. this is funny as shit to me. axl's funny to me. volcano is funny to me. even you are funny as shit to me. where else can i follow the drama of an amateur professional wrestler leaking private emails from a washed up former rock star? this shit couldn't get more entertaining.

don't shed any tears for me. this is purely for laughs while i procrastinate at work.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

The Howard Stern interview was way more revealing. It was funny to hear him talk about James Iha estrangement with surprise. Never mentioned re-recording the band members parts and parentally thought James Iha should have consulted him for advice on his solo record.

That was a great interview. When he spoke about Jessica Simpson and her entourage, I couldn't help but think of Axl. He made an interesting point about celebrities needing to be coddled.

Here's the interview, it's a good listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rich60Cu3fM

Edited by Babooshka

Guest RonMexico82

He's not a wrestler he's a wrassler. :lol:

Also, surprise surprise, the other biggest cunt in rock supports Uncle Axl. Well I never...

It has to be pretty cool for a rock icon who's taking on something you're a part of, it doesn't come across as a rich guy throwing money into a hobby. He sounds like he cares about the guys working in his organization. Hope Billy manages to have success in it.

are you seriously going to lecture me on seeking negative attention on the internet? you? the self-professed "chinese democracy guy?" that's funny as hell.

and yeah, that's why i'm still here... for laughs. this is funny as shit to me. axl's funny to me. volcano is funny to me. even you are funny as shit to me. where else can i follow the drama of an amateur professional wrestler leaking private emails from a washed up former rock star? this shit couldn't get more entertaining.

don't shed any tears for me. this is purely for laughs while i procrastinate at work.

Isn't that funny?

Every post is the same now.

"Why do you waste your life on the forum of a band you don't like" and then several personal insults. These guys don't see that they are doing exactly what they accuse you of doing. 90% of their posts are them complaining about people, and every post is full of personal attacks against other posters.

You come here for a laugh, they come here and get mad..........but you are the one who is supposed to get a life? You discuss band issues (even if it is negatively - your posts are generally about the actual band or something Axl has done) whereas the Nutter's average post is "F*ck you, Axl is better than you. You must be miserable in real life."

I don't know why the Nutters come to a forum that causes them so much grief? Why not go to the band's official forum or to HTGTH where people don't have opinions, but instead just blindly worship Axl. WHY NOT TAKE their own advice????

Instead of continually crying and whining about other posters, why not go to a forum that is full of like minded people????? HTGTH is full of people who do nothing but praise and worship Axl. Why not go there?

There's a significant difference between posting the occasional smart-ass comment, and posting theoretical dissertations on the psyche of Axl Rose.

Can you identify which one is creepier?