2º Bridge School Benefit Show Oct 21, 2012

NachoLZ

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151224794654311

Great video from Axl and the Guys with Neil & Friends

Regardless of what people may think of Axl's performance this weekend, seeing him in that clip up there with all those guys including Neil Young himself while singing that song alongside him was pretty damn good imo.

was it the first time axl and neil young perform on stage together?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know he had strep. I rarely come on these forums anymore... Seriously the cupcakes are out of control....I would never spend my time on a forum just to complain... My life is way too rad to focus on the negative...

But to each their own I guess.

But yea, he sounded awesome.

But you have time to complain about people who complain?

This isn't a band run fan site where you are only allowed to worship the band. It is an open forum for people to share their opinions. When Axl kills it - people praise him. When he screws up.....in your world, people should still praise him?

Axl was late, screwed up lyrics, swore and sounded horrible show one. His team said it was because of Strep.(just like Rio was because of being sick. Mtv music awards was because of a faulty ear piece. Etc. Etc. Etc.)

But 23 hours later the Strep is mysteriously cured????

I'm just as big of a fan as anybody here. I just don't worship his every move. And it saddens me that every major event the headline or watercooler talk is never "boy, Axl tore it up last night" but is "wow, what the hell happened."

Ali.....any word at the show how Axl cured the Strep he was battling? Pretty amazing to cure it in 23 hours like that.

Any word on why he screwed up lyrics?

Any word on why they were late going on?

Edited by Groghan

Guest RonMexico82

Bullshit wears thin eventually. If diehard asskissers like Manets have seen the light. Which is actually always sad to see because we were all that enthusiastic about our favourite band in the past. The only people still defending this fiasco is Team Brazil inductees.

Bullshit wears thin eventually. If diehard asskissers like Manets have seen the light. Which is actually always sad to see because we were all that enthusiastic about our favourite band in the past. The only people still defending this fiasco is Team Brazil inductees.

You are such a cupcake hater.

Axl's voice was terrible the first night because he had strep throat. Which was cured by a miracle drug so he sounded good 23 hours later.

Also, Axl is 50 years old, so we can't expect him to always sound good. Eddie Vedder is only 48, that's why he killed it. And Young sounded great - but that's because he just sings a different style than Axl.

Axl was late going on stage at a charity event.........clearly wasn't his fault.

Axl forgot lyrics to his own songs, including singing lyrics to a different song during a song he has been singing since 1987..........the fault of the medication.

Dropping F-bombs to a crowd of disabled kids is..............pure rock n roll baby!!!!

Get with the program Ron.

Don't you see that nothing is ever Axl's fault?

Stop being a cupcake hater and start worshiping EVERYTHING Axl does. That is the only way you can be considered a true fan.

Edited by Groghan

Guest RonMexico82

If I've learned anything from this it is that the next time I've strep throat there is nothing like a bit of a sing song to cure it overnight. Funny how the same applies to warming up properly for a gig.

Guest RonMexico82

Maybe Beta sucked the bad vibes out of him. Now now, not like that you dirty bastards, I was thinking more like John Coffey in The Green Mile.

The strep wasn't cured so quickly. Axl just got a chance to actually go thru the songs 'live rehearsal' which is why he sounded better.

But you can still tell he sounds winded and has very little control of his falsetto going into the dead rasp. And his rasp is just shot. I'm hoping its cuz of the strep but you can tell from the last two gigs its not really there.

Anybody know how the Strep was cured so quickly?

No one said it was cured. He sounds a little better (and even that's a stretch), but nowhere near "cured".

If he sounds the exact same by the end, or even halfway through the Vegas shows, then I'll say that the strep-story was bullshit and Axl has just completely lost his voice. We'll see. :)