2º Bridge School Benefit Show Oct 21, 2012

NachoLZ

Is it possible that the 2009-2010 Tour did such a number on his throat that he took steps to try and retire the rasp all together?

It has been used so sparingly since then that perhaps just maybe this could be the case?

Like he wanted to go out and prove the critics wrong soo bad that he just over did it and realized he just couldn't do it anymore.

I think he is making a conscious decision to not close his throat and/or strain his chest voice in such a way that he induces a raspy sound because of the potential for decreased vocal endurance over the course of a show and a tour.

Ali

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that the 2009-2010 Tour did such a number on his throat that he took steps to try and retire the rasp all together?

It has been used so sparingly since then that perhaps just maybe this could be the case?

Like he wanted to go out and prove the critics wrong soo bad that he just over did it and realized he just couldn't do it anymore.

I think he is making a conscious decision to not close his throat and/or strain his chest voice in such a way that he induces a raspy sound because of the potential for decreased vocal endurance over the course of a show and a tour.

Ali

Me too.. I also am beginning to think that his clean voice has changed so much as he's aged that's why the songs we listened to on the albums become almost unrecognizable. Especially the higher pitched voice. Don't cry for example... theres a video on youtube from 1985 where he sings it cleanly and it still sounds like Axl... however in 2011 doing the same exact technique it just doesn't sound the same.

I give Axl credit. Where as other singers change the key of their songs to compensate, he stays in the same key as when he recorded it.

Oh my.. What happened to Axl Rose? My childhood hero! My favorite rockstar of all time!

I see someone resembling him hiding behind sunglasses and a hat giving off some thin and weak squeals when he's supposed to sing. I'm sad from watching this 'performance'.

If he's sick, I hope that's part of the reason, or mostly the reason.

Guest RonMexico82

That was sad to hear. When Neil comes in you can tell there is a massive volume difference alone. Axl has no power AT ALL. Maybe if he genuinely has a problem beyond strep Neil can recommend someone that can help him fix his voice. If it stays like this he'll never get through Vegas.

Ali

Me too.. I also am beginning to think that his clean voice has changed so much as he's aged that's why the songs we listened to on the albums become almost unrecognizable. Especially the higher pitched voice. Don't cry for example... theres a video on youtube from 1985 where he sings it cleanly and it still sounds like Axl... however in 2011 doing the same exact technique it just doesn't sound the same.

I give Axl credit. Where as other singers change the key of their songs to compensate, he stays in the same key as when he recorded it.

It's not really that his clean voice has changed. It's that he doesn't strain his chest voice or his blended chest/head voice to hit certain notes. I think he slips more into his head voice to hit certain notes in his overall range because it is less taxing overall on his vocal cords.

Ali

Man Axl is a legend, he should just step down for a while and just see his accomplishments; rest his voice and get in shape and get the ball rolling.

then maybe axl should announce on jimmy kimmel he's postponing the vegas residency until his voice is 1000 percent ready to go

I actually wish Axl would do that but I know he wont and he will keep ruining his voice and keep playing with band mates that are beneath him. Sad really...

well. on the flip side. axl has to consider all the tickets already sold and money paid. there's a lot of money on the line for vegas residency...

After listening to that, I truly believe Axl has strep.

After defending him for so long I honestly am starting to believe that he just sits around taking all this for granted and doesn't even keep himself in shape. Then when his fans are disappointed, he uses strep throat as an excuse.I mean if he was in shape chances are he wouldn't even get strep throat.

But I may be overreacting.

After defending him for so long I honestly am starting to believe that he just sits around taking all this for granted and doesn't even keep himself in shape. Then when his fans are disappointed, he uses strep throat as an excuse.I mean if he was in shape chances are he wouldn't even get strep throat.

You've finally seen the light.

Like I said though - I'm going to give him until halfway through Vegas, to the end, to see how he is. If he sounds the same as he did at Bridge School, I'll believe that his voice is actually shot.

I think others should do the same rather than telling him to hang up the towel now. A ton of people did the same thing after Rio, then in a couple of weeks he was back in good form.

You've finally seen the light.

so axl had strep for both shows. well. sometimes it takes more than rest and some antibiotics to treat strep. looks like axl might have an acute case of strep. if axl has a case like this...vegas residency should be postponed. because if axl pushes it in vegas like he tried to do at these benefit shows with strep...his vocal chords will get worse and his voice and throat will deteriorate. which leads to infection and worse. you don't want to sing in front of an audience with strep. it puts your voice and throat at serious risk.

Some ass said that axl has no power...

Listen to 4:20.

Also, he had a lot of rasp in the end of SCOM than in any of 2012 show.

edit: axl has changed the way of singing UTLH also. Great!

Gotta agree although SCOM was still pretty pitiful... :confused:

But the end of Patience just proves that Axl can still pull a high-pitched raspy voice when we wants too - though it seems more forced and less natural than when he did it back in 2010.

Some ass said that axl has no power...

Listen to 4:20.

Also, he had a lot of rasp in the end of SCOM than in any of 2012 show.

edit: axl has changed the way of singing UTLH also. Great!

Gotta agree although SCOM was still pretty pitiful... :confused:

But the end of Patience just proves that Axl can still pull a high-pitched raspy voice when we wants too - though it seems more forced and less natural than when he did it back in 2010.

wow, that patience sounded awesome...but like many have said the entire set was pretty bad