Recommend me some Muse / Radiohead

feconroses

my favorite band is GNR and I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and I listen to almost everything in rock n roll.

I kinda want to discover "new" bands lately and want to give a try to Muse and Radiohead as I have been listening great things about these bands for years now, but actually never cared for them or give them a good serious try.

could you recommend me songs AND albums? where should I start?

thanks!!

For Radiohead, start with OK Computer. I don't personally like Kid A that much, but tons of people think it's the best shit ever, so give that a listen after OKC.

For Muse, Absolution. After that, Origin of Symmetry and Black Holes & Revelations.

Edited by bacardimayne

Radiohead:

Start with OK Computer or The Bends. Skip Pablo Honey, it's just 'meh'.

If you want to go in head first from there, hit up Kid A. It's a tough but extremely rewarding listen, and one of the best albums ever created.

If you want to take it slower, go for In Rainbows, and Hail to the Thief.

Muse:

Black Holes and Revelations, Absolution, Origin of Symmetry. That's all you need to hear.

if you like radiohead experimental stuff, give a listen to scott walker's album tilt...

soft machine's first three albums are incredible too. the soft machine weren't always as unknown as they are now - at one point (the earliest point in their career), they seriously rivalled pink floyd as britain's most bizarre underground outfit. the "classic" soft machine albums haven't dated a wee bit - they still remain as one of the pinnacles of modern avantgarde, and should be heavily recommended for just about anybody interested in that kind of music.

a great article about soft machine : http://starling.rinet.ru/music/soft.htm

zap_soft7.jpg

zap_soft8.jpg

zap_soft1.jpg

Edited by Roky

I guess I'll be the only advocate for The Resistance and The 2nd Law by Muse.

I like The Resistance too. But it must be said that it's not as 'rock' as the others. There's touches of classical sounds in there, which I really like so I didn't find it a bad album at all. Undisclosed Desires is one of my favourite ever songs, so I personally think anyone interested in Muse should hear The Resistance as well as the others mentioned.

Haven't heard The 2nd Law yet, so no comment.