Axl looked fucking awesome here

GNR 1991

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axls 2009 Performances- Mind Blowing.

Visually: You don't have him hiding behind the sunglasses and hat. You can connect with his eyes and facial expressions. It's like watching Axl Rose.

Now. No connection behind it.

Vocally: Well we all know the difference.

2006 was his best post-GNR look.

Did he leave GN'R? You're post makes no sense.

It is beyond me how people could call him fat in 2006.

THIS

It is beyond me how people can call him fat now. He is in good weight, he probably isn't even over 200 pounds.

Edited by GNRFan53

Weren't the 2009 shows the ones where people were cracking on him for looking like Chris Farley in a bandanna or whatever???

I actually think he looks better/thinner now. Admittedly he showed up to RIR IV packing some extra pounds (as he usually does)- but I think he ended up looking pretty bad-ass mid/late tour this year (once again- like he usually does). Kind of like a blinged out Johnny Cash/"outlaw of rock" or something. It ain't 87-93 obviously- but overall it works for him IMHO...

I really didnt like the braids in 2006, but he looked pretty badass at the time! He was skinny and seemingly happy, and his voice was a lot better than it is today.

The problem with todays Axl is probably two things:

1. He is really fat! Please dont say that its normal for a man his age to be that heavy. If I look like that when I am 50 I hope someone tells me to go on a diet.

2. He doesnt rehearse with the band and train his voice. The first shows of each tour is really bad. Maybe the Taiwan and Osaka shows from 2009 are exceptions.

Axl is still my favourite frontman, but ist really sad to se how bad he is on stage these days.

Axl looked awesome there.

But agreed. It is not healthy for a man his age and at his obese weight to be doing what he's doing. For fuck's sake. The old fat bastard is going to have a heart attack on stage. He literally looks like he is dying every time he's gasping for breath or pounding his chest.

Swing on his nuts all you want.. Man cannot even say 'welcome to the jungle' in one breath. Jungle (breath) Welcome to the jung (breath) gull. (Breath)

The man is fucking dying before our eyes. My only hope is that when he finally has a heart attack on stage from his obesity and performance beyond a doctors recommendation for a man that size... is that it's not on a live stream.

R.I.P. Axl. I'll always remember you for your best days. Even with the cornrows at least you were healthy. :(

But agreed. It is not healthy for a man his age and at his obese weight to be doing what he's doing. For fuck's sake. The old fat bastard is going to have a heart attack on stage. He literally looks like he is dying every time he's gasping for breath or pounding his chest.

Swing on his nuts all you want.. Man cannot even say 'welcome to the jungle' in one breath. Jungle (breath) Welcome to the jung (breath) gull. (Breath)

The man is fucking dying before our eyes. My only hope is that when he finally has a heart attack on stage from his obesity and performance beyond a doctors recommendation for a man that size... is that it's not on a live stream.

R.I.P. Axl. I'll always remember you for your best days. Even with the cornrows at least you were healthy. :(

You think Axl is obese? ahaha, you're one stupid person :thumbsup:

Guest RonMexico82

He is not obese. He is out of shape though. His fitness is questionable and he needs a vocal coach, an image consutant and a PR man.

Guest RonMexico82

He is not obese. He is out of shape though. His fitness is questionable and he needs a vocal coach, an image consutant and a PR man.

And you need to get laid.

Yawn, another playground scrote babbling inanely. Got anything else to say or just more juvenile gibberish.

Yawn, another playground scrote babbling inanely. Got anything else to say or just more juvenile gibberish.

If you got laid a little more often you'd probably be a nicer person.

Guest RonMexico82

Says the genius that came into the thread just to break the forum rules. Carry on, carry on, be my guest

Says the genius that came into the thread just to break the forum rules. Carry on, carry on, be my guest

What rule did I break?

He may not be obese, but he should probably loose about 20 kgs.

He may not be obese, but he should probably loose about 20 kgs.

20? lol. 7-8 kilos would make a huge difference

Admittedly- Axl tends to show up to tours and events (after off-time/holidays, etc.) packing a little extra weight. He's clearly not a P90X guy during his downtime. That said- his weight seems to fluctuate and it never takes all that long on the road for him to start looking like this (which is perfectly fine IMHO- especially for 50):

AxlRosex.jpg

Would we all like him to be a gym rat and eat nothing but nuts and berries a la Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler and/or Jon Bon Jovi? Sure- but it's not a real problem IMHO- and he sure as hell ain't "obese" about to keel over and die on stage. LOL.