India shows

Carburetta

Yeah, IBM has 150000 people in India and for those from some of the other posts who think that the people there have no internet and do not know Slash is not in the band because people don't have internet, LOL. Every single person who will attend any one of these Rock shows in Gurgaon, Delhi or Bangalore will have an internet connection (maybe not a T1 or higher but still, at the very very least, broadband, or internet on their phones - these are big massive cities and the centers of economic development, not the Indian countryside. Half or most of the Fortune 500 have operations in these cities and the people who watch these shows will mostly, if not all, be college educated knowledge workers and professionals . Even if no one knows that Slash isn't in the band, all of them will know by the time the shows start. It still isn't going to matter. If Team Brazil organizes the right kind of promotion, these shows will be massive. Maiden and Metallica have had MASSIVE shows and rocked!!! Security is always a problem though, particularly if the bands show up late and I just pray that because the shows will be on the other side of the world, that will compensate for Axl time - :D. I'm just gutted that I'm missing this - I've never missed a big show in Bangalore and after having waited my whole life to see Guns, Axl is showing up just as I've left town :(. Still, it's great for all the great Rock Fans back home - they're going to scream loud and proud back at Axl when he screams - DO you know where the fakkkkkkk you are Baaaaaangaloore????????

• 1 month later...
The upcoming concert of American hard rock band Guns N’ Roses, to be held at MMRDA Ground, Bandra-Kurla Complex on Sunday, will have the largest number of retail ticket centres for any live event in India.

According to Neetu Bhatia, co-founder and CEO of ticketing website

KyaZoonga.com, there are 89 retail outlets across the country selling tickets for the concert, which is 29 more than they had when Canadian rock musician Bryan Adams toured India in early 2011. “Ticket sales have been unprecedented.”

The organisers of the concert, Mooz Entertainment, say that of the three cities that the band will be touring — Bangalore on December 7, Mumbai on December 9 and Gurgaon on December 12 — fans in Mumbai have shown the most interest.

“We expect a crowd of 25,000 to 28,000 people at this concert,” said Karamjeet Singh, senior vice-president, Mooz. “Given that about 65% of tickets have been sold in Mumbai, it’s likely the ven-ue will be packed to capacity.”

Guns N’ Roses, known for songs such as such as ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’, ‘Welcome To the Jungle’ and ‘November Rain’, has been around since 1985. However, over the past two decades, the line-up has changed considerably, with the exit of popular band members such as rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin in 1991 and lead guitarist Slash in 1996.

Today, lead vocalist W Axl Rose, known for his energetic stage presence and wide vocal range, is the only remaining original member. The rest of the line-up includes keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman; lead guitarists DJ Ashba and Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal; lead and rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus; bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer.

2poqwih.jpg

http://www.business-...-makers/494149/

Music Makers

Axl Rose, the lead vocalist of Guns N’ Roses, is famously moody. The stellar performer, who recently declined his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fameand insisted that no one could accept the award on his behalf, is prone to surly answers during interviews and walks off abruptly from concerts.

He also shares a contentious relationship with nearly all his former bandmates, especially former lead guitarist Slash. For good reason, G N’ R is christened “the most difficult band in the world”. So when the red-headed banshee, as he is often called, thunders on stage with his quixotic labour of love, Chinese Democracy, in the band’s maiden tour of India next week, diehard fans will wonder — will Rose throw another one of his legendary tantrums?

Rose’s reputation for being temperamental doesn’t bother the folks at Mooz Entertainment, the live entertainment company which is bringing the explosive American hard rock band to India. For the last few weeks, they have been exchanging three-hour long conversations and over 500 emails daily with G N’ R’s tour managers. As organisers, Mooz will do the entire bandobast — from accommodation to medical needs, security, local transport, production prerequisites and local transport. The number of retail outlets (over 80) for selling G N’ R concert tickets are the highest ever done for any concert in the country.

STARS OF THE SHOW

• Mooz Entertainment — Guns N’ Roses (December 7-12), American Nu metal band Koßn (November 2012)
  • Only Much Louder —David Guetta (March 2012), metal band Megadeth (October 2012), Enrique Iglesias (October 2012)
  • PERCEPT and SUBMERGE— Swedish House Mafia (November 2012)

At the venues in Gurgaon, Mumbai and Bangalore, the grounds are being levelled to avoid injuries to fans. Mooz’s responsibilities also include pandering to artistic whims — be it a specific brand of mineral water or a 24/7 personal chef — and catering to the entourage of agents, technicians, stylists and bodyguards, reportedly numbering around 50. Rose, who, rumour has it, doesn’t come on stage before 9.30 pm has assured Mooz that he will be there at 6.45 pm. This is in keeping with the Supreme Court’s ruling that all loudspeakers need to be put off at 10 pm. For crowd management, Mooz has roped in a security agency “which can tell the difference between a rally and a concert”.

Edited by The Archer

Music Makers

Axl Rose, the lead vocalist of Guns N’ Roses, is famously moody. The stellar performer, who recently declined his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fameand insisted that no one could accept the award on his behalf, is prone to surly answers during interviews and walks off abruptly from concerts.

He also shares a contentious relationship with nearly all his former bandmates, especially former lead guitarist Slash. For good reason, G N’ R is christened “the most difficult band in the world”. So when the red-headed banshee, as he is often called, thunders on stage with his quixotic labour of love, Chinese Democracy, in the band’s maiden tour of India next week, diehard fans will wonder — will Rose throw another one of his legendary tantrums?

Rose’s reputation for being temperamental doesn’t bother the folks at Mooz Entertainment, the live entertainment company which is bringing the explosive American hard rock band to India. For the last few weeks, they have been exchanging three-hour long conversations and over 500 emails daily with G N’ R’s tour managers. As organisers, Mooz will do the entire bandobast — from accommodation to medical needs, security, local transport, production prerequisites and local transport. The number of retail outlets (over 80) for selling G N’ R concert tickets are the highest ever done for any concert in the country.

STARS OF THE SHOW

• Mooz Entertainment — Guns N’ Roses (December 7-12), American Nu metal band Koßn (November 2012)
  • Only Much Louder —David Guetta (March 2012), metal band Megadeth (October 2012), Enrique Iglesias (October 2012)

At the venues in Gurgaon, Mumbai and Bangalore, the grounds are being levelled to avoid injuries to fans. Mooz’s responsibilities also include pandering to artistic whims — be it a specific brand of mineral water or a 24/7 personal chef — and catering to the entourage of agents, technicians, stylists and bodyguards, reportedly numbering around 50. Rose, who, rumour has it, doesn’t come on stage before 9.30 pm has assured Mooz that he will be there at 6.45 pm. This is in keeping with the Supreme Court’s ruling that all loudspeakers need to be put off at 10 pm. For crowd management, Mooz has roped in a security agency “which can tell the difference between a rally and a concert”.

NEWSFLASH! Axl Rose does not care about your rules LOL

:tongue2: Lol, yeah. This is going to be crazy. I am yet to hear of a concert in India lasting past 11:00 PM. Chaos is the name of the game when things go wrong there and I wouldn't put it past the crowds to riot....

Music Makers

STARS OF THE SHOW

This is the kind of BS, lazy journalism I hate. First of all, it is totally inaccurate. This band, since 2006, has been about the most consistent act on the planet. They have rarely cancelled shows (I think they have played about 200 shows since 2006), and apart from starting late (which is known by over half of those attending anyways), they always bring it and play a 2.5-3 hour show. Their last six or seven legs, besides the typical touring issues every band encounters, have gone off fairly uneventful for the most part. One good thing though, the unpredictable reputation Axl brings (which is reinforced by this type of article), adds to the excitement of the actual show. He is a true Rock Star in that he is one artist that is not a poseur by any means, and still is capable of bat shit craziness at anytime. There is nothing like the adrenaline rush one gets in the few minutes before GN'R takes the stage, when Axl has everyone on edge, even us diehards wondering even just a little, if he even is gonna show. What's funny is, I think we have found out recently, often times he is at the venue hours before the show and is just stirring it up a bit. But, back on topic, this article is lazy. If one really looks at the past 6 years, this band is straight up reliable and consistent--they show up 99% of the time, very rarely cancel a show, and rock your brains out. Jack White, Green Day, Metallica, and all kinds of artists have been far more unpredictable in reality than GN'R when it comes to shows recently. Many more on-stage incidents, and cancellations than this band. I can only think of 2 or 3 cancellations since 2006 (Portland Maine and Milwaukee)--is my memory correct? I don't count the few shows in Central America (where the band actually showed up ready to go), which didn't go off because of bullshit promoters dropping the ball on stage prep and security preparations, etc. This band is one of the most reliable acts in the world now, as ironic as that is, its the truth.

I like his walking stick

25233945881988084193017.jpg

75246458856304171621179.jpg

55894910151106308497723.jpg

That is the most bizzare stage setup I have ever seen! Made of logs and twigs? Someone tell DJ NOT to jump of anything LOL

Feel free to add credit to pictures, I have no idea where they are from they are posted and resposted so many times on Farcebook

Edited by gunsguy

:tongue2: Lol, yeah. This is going to be crazy. I am yet to hear of a concert in India lasting past 11:00 PM. Chaos is the name of the game when things go wrong there and I wouldn't put it past the crowds to riot....

Lol, well that's about to change. They'll have to start at 8pm to finish by 11. Not gonna happen ha!

Is that axl next to the piano in the rehearsal pic? Its so small on my phone but it looks a bit like him. And jesus.... Fortus looks so much like izzy there.

And wtf is up with that stage?!? I've never seen anything like that. Unbelievable!