India shows

Carburetta

This is what I have been talking about since GNR announced they were going to be playing India. It's not like any other country in the world. There are literally no health and safety standards. Professionalism in India has very little relation to what you'd expect in the western world. I always tell my Republican friends that if you love the idea of a small, limited government, go to India and tell me how great it's working for them. I really hope for the people looking forward to these shows that Axl can handle what passes for professionalism in India. Building the stage with logs and shitty looking wood is only the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by downzy

I have been to India once. I was told that 90% of Westerners get bad stomach trouble there, could that be true?

Is it so that if a plate or a glass is washed with normal tab water Westerners get sick? They should put some

virus/bacteria killing tablet to the dish washing water (if there are Western customers) and if they do not Westerners get sick.

So it does not help to stick to the eat only hot cooked foods rule. I only got some mild stomach problems, but I was very careful.

What surprised me about Delhi and the surrounding areas was that there were so many parks and trees.

The culture shock of seeing all the poverty; the armies of beggars, slums, people sleeping like sardines at the train stations, the amount of people everywhere, was overwhelming.

It is a very complex country and they need to be very careful.

This is what I have been talking about since GNR announced they were going to be playing India. It's not like any other country in the world. There are literally no health and safety standards. Professionalism in India has very little relation to what you'd expect in the western world. I always tell my Republican friends that if you love the idea of a small, limited government, go to India and tell me how great it's working for them. I really hope for the people looking forward to these shows that Axl can handle what passes for professionalism in India. Building the stage with logs and shitty looking wood is only the tip of the iceberg.

unfortunately i agree. Given that the organizers had all the time in the world what is the explanation for such mediocrity? logs? can they really play on such a stage?

it is strange that this is happening in bangalore of all places. the city has seen successful shows by slayer, megadeath, metallica, maiden and aerosmith in the last few years. why couldn't they have prepared for guns n roses is beyond me.

I hope everything goes smoothly for the rest of the shows... to be honest i don't see the band performing on a wooden stage. Great start for the indian shows this. please get it right for the Delhi concert... Gnr coming to town is the best news i have heard in the last few months. i really need this.

I have been to India once. I was told that 90% of Westerners get bad stomach trouble there, could that be true?

Is it so that if a plate or a glass is washed with normal tab water Westerners get sick? They should put some

virus/bacteria killing tablet to the dish washing water (if there are Western customers) and if they do not Westerners get sick.

So it does not help to stick to the eat only hot cooked foods rule. I only got some mild stomach problems, but I was very careful.

What surprised me about Delhi and the surrounding areas was that there were so many parks and trees.

The culture shock of seeing all the poverty; the armies of beggars, slums, people sleeping like sardines at the train stations, the amount of people everywhere, was overwhelming.

It is a very complex country and they need to be very careful.

That was my first thought when they announced this, drinking water wouldn't be to the standard they are used to & people do get gastro unfortunately. However they are staying in the best hotels I should imagine & as they tour many countries they would know the do's and don'ts of different places.

Indonesia will be the same, so many people get Bali Belly from travelling there. Even have to use bottled water to clean teeth, I'd be a little paranoid as I hate being sick.