Do you think Beta had a part in the break up or keeps a reunion from happening?

Vincent Vega

A couple of questions:

1) Have you ever met Bet or members of Team Brazil (her family), who are Axl's current management team? What were your impressions of them.

2) Beta claimed as early as 2001 that Axl basically looked to her advice for approval of all the things he did; He wanted her approval to know if what he was doing was right or wrong. As such, do you feel she had anything to do with the breakup?

3) Do you know how Slash or Duff feel about her?

4) Do you think Beta stands in the way of a reunion and helps feed Axl's hatred of Slash?

I have known them since they starting working for Axl. I think Beta hates Slash more than Axl does, but she would probably jump at the chance of working with Slash if he apologized for all the things that he said or did that Axl doesn't agree with. She knows that the band would then be able to to big shows again in the states and all over the world and that would be good for many different reasons. The problem is Slash is not going to apologize for anything, because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. Slash was reaching out to work with Axl awhile ago but looks like he finally gave up after the Hall of Fame. Who knows maybe in a few years he will reach out again.

I think Beta hates Slash more than Axl does,

Why?? I've always thought there must be some deeper reason why things are so bad between Axl and Slash. I can't just be GNR/legal stuff.

Slash was reaching out to work with Axl awhile ago but looks like he finally gave up after the Hall of Fame. Who knows maybe in a few years he will reach out again.

More info on this please!!!!! :-)

I have known them since they starting working for Axl. I think Beta hates Slash more than Axl does, but she would probably jump at the chance of working with Slash if he apologized for all the things that he said or did that Axl doesn't agree with. She knows that the band would then be able to to big shows again in the states and all over the world and that would be good for many different reasons. The problem is Slash is not going to apologize for anything, because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. Slash was reaching out to work with Axl awhile ago but looks like he finally gave up after the Hall of Fame. Who knows maybe in a few years he will reach out again.

So you're saying that Beta knows it's better for Axl to make nice with Slash. If that's the case, why is she helping to poison his mind against him by fueling him hate? There's a huge contradiction between thoughts and actions there. She has an unheard of amount of influence on Axl so if you think she knows this is for the best, why not use it for good instead of 'evil'?

There's a huge contradiction between thoughts and actions there. She has an unheard of amount of influence on Axl so if you think she knows this is for the best, why not use it for good instead of 'evil'?

There's only a "huge contradiction" if you believe Beta doesn't have Axl's best interests in mind. I think she ultimately does. A lot of people on here talk as if Axl is a puppet and the puppet masters are team Brazil. I think Beta does what is best for Axl in terms of what Axl wants. Everybody knows the best BUSINESS thing for Axl to do is a reunion - everybody - Axl, Beta, Slash, the industry, the fans - everyone. It's not what Axl wants though - obviously some things are more important to him than money. So I wouldn't say Beta is some evil puppet master keeping the classic GNR from re-uniting. Beta/team Brazil ultimately "handle" Axl and cater to his needs and wants (be it positive or negative from a fans point of view) - I don't think for a second Axl's mind is made up for him by anyone but himself. Information may be filtered/held back or whatever but no-one here can seriously believe Axl really wants to re-unite with Slash and the only thing holding that back is Beta?!

I'm going to be speculating out my ass here but I think it could just be that Beta is very protective of Axl (as are most who would deal with him, in the sense that they don't want anything that would piss him off) and since Slash has been stated as the stick in the craw she might just be keeping axl away, and it might just be feeding into it.

I'm going to be speculating out my ass here but I think it could just be that Beta is very protective of Axl (as are most who would deal with him, in the sense that they don't want anything that would piss him off) and since Slash has been stated as the stick in the craw she might just be keeping axl away, and it might just be feeding into it.

Yeah thats pretty much exactly what I was saying/thinking. Of course I'm speculating too. I wouldn't say that makes her a total "yes-man" either - again I think there's stuff going on none of us will no about and there comes a time when you know what your boss/"son"/friend needs and wants and you cater to that and do your best to help them through it. Beta's not the bad guy here. Neither is Axl and neither is Slash. Marc has said it himself a million times and you can easily see it yourself from all sorts of interviews/books/footage of the guys involved - Axl thinks Slash did and said this and that - add media spin and a bit of miscommunication and all the other people and opinions and you've got one guy hating the other for things he doesn't even think he's said or done. They're kinda both wrong and right at the same time. And it's too far down the road now for it ever to be fixed as far as the band/playing together goes. It would be nice if these former friends could at least be friends/civil again towards one another in private before it's too late for them....

Edited by MJG

Do you think she takes it more personally than she should, and that's why she thinks badly of him, or do you think he made a comment to her during the falling out (to stay out of it) that pissed her off?

When Perla and Beta have been in the same room, did they seem to get along, or said nothing to each other?

So you're saying that Beta knows it's better for Axl to make nice with Slash. If that's the case, why is she helping to poison his mind against him by fueling him hate? There's a huge contradiction between thoughts and actions there. She has an unheard of amount of influence on Axl so if you think she knows this is for the best, why not use it for good instead of 'evil'?

I remember Marc saying if there were a reunion, Beta - and others who surround the classic members - would have to step aside. Marc?

Perhaps this is why she hates Slash more than Axl does? Yes it would be very lucrative and good for Axl, but a reunion would mean a change in the GNR personnel that would see her power and influence over Axl and the band reduced, if not ended altogether. Fernando could no longer say GNR is his band.

Beta does what she thinks Axl wants and avoids anything that might set Axl off. The problem is sometimes things get taken care of before Axl finds out about them. but for the most part Beta thinks that Slash single handed has made life hard for Axl in some way or another and therefore doesn't like him at all.

Beta does what she thinks Axl wants and avoids anything that might set Axl off. The problem is sometimes things get taken care of before Axl finds out about them. but for the most part Beta thinks that Slash single handed has made life hard for Axl in some way or another and therefore doesn't like him at all.

To your knowledge, has she even MET Slash outside of that time he stopped by Axl's house in 2005?

I remember Marc saying if there were a reunion, Beta - and others who surround the classic members - would have to step aside. Marc?

Perhaps this is why she hates Slash more than Axl does? Yes it would be very lucrative and good for Axl, but a reunion would mean a change in the GNR personnel that would see her power and influence over Axl and the band reduced, if not ended altogether. Fernando could no longer say GNR is his band.

Since Axl has been with her for around or over 20 years, and considers her the mother he never had, how could her influence possibly end altogether?

There's a huge contradiction between thoughts and actions there. She has an unheard of amount of influence on Axl so if you think she knows this is for the best, why not use it for good instead of 'evil'?

There's only a "huge contradiction" if you believe Beta doesn't have Axl's best interests in mind. I think she ultimately does. A lot of people on here talk as if Axl is a puppet and the puppet masters are team Brazil. I think Beta does what is best for Axl in terms of what Axl wants. Everybody knows the best BUSINESS thing for Axl to do is a reunion - everybody - Axl, Beta, Slash, the industry, the fans - everyone. It's not what Axl wants though - obviously some things are more important to him than money. So I wouldn't say Beta is some evil puppet master keeping the classic GNR from re-uniting. Beta/team Brazil ultimately "handle" Axl and cater to his needs and wants (be it positive or negative from a fans point of view) - I don't think for a second Axl's mind is made up for him by anyone but himself. Information may be filtered/held back or whatever but no-one here can seriously believe Axl really wants to re-unite with Slash and the only thing holding that back is Beta?!

Agreed 100%! It's a lot easier to blame Beta and "Team Brazil" for not getting what you want, than simply it being for Axl's own choices! And you know what? I doubt Slash or Izzy, or even Duff would be willing to reunite on Axl's terms! Everybody who got out of the band stated (in different times) that one of the main reasons was Axl's recurring lateness to show up for gigs. That didn't changed a bit (and actually it doesn't bothers me - but I assume it would drive me crazy if I was a band member).

Let go of "Team Brazil" already! They are doing a great job IMO! Maybe not the job we expect! But they are doing fine! And everybody in the band seems happy!

To your knowledge, has she even MET Slash outside of that time he stopped by Axl's house in 2005?

Hey, Vincent, Beta is around in Axl's life since 1992, she used to be Dylan's (Stephanie Seymour's son) babysitter. I'm not sure but I think it was around 1994 that she started to work as Axl's personal assistant. So, yes, she met Slash before 2005.

• 4 weeks later...
Slash was reaching out to work with Axl awhile ago but looks like he finally gave up after the Hall of Fame. Who knows maybe in a few years he will reach out again.

More info on this please!!!!! :-)

Yes! What did Slash do to reach out to Axl? What did he have in mind?