Do you think Beta had a part in the break up or keeps a reunion from happening?

Vincent Vega

Axl called me to tell me what happened but I never talked to Slash about it.

I don't want to push this too much but you seem pretty candid about everything so far, so I'm just curious if you could go into more detail on Axl's recollection of it. I'm just interested in knowing how he perceived it, or any details we don't know. All we really know is he showed up drunk and Beta turned him away. Did Axl actually talk to him at all?

He said the same thing that he told the press which you guys already know. No he didn't talk to Slash that night. I think he should have come out and told Slash what his thoughts are but I don't know if he even knew Slash was there until after Beta sent them away. Face to face is always the best way to talk to someone.

The point is, Slash made an attempt to talk to Axl, drunk or not, and it was Beta who turned him away.

I think the question is, was it Axl who told her to have him leave, or did Beta do it on her own based on prior conversations with Axl.

He said the same thing that he told the press which you guys already know. No he didn't talk to Slash that night. I think he should have come out and told Slash what his thoughts are but I don't know if he even knew Slash was there until after Beta sent them away. Face to face is always the best way to talk to someone.

Was Axl amused or annoyed by the visit?

I don't think it was such a big deal that Slash came over. The problem is Axl doesn't want slash to come over, he wants Slash to hold a press conference and tell the world that he was wrong about everything and that it was all his own fault for the split and that he lied about everything. Slash has a different point of view so therefor that will never happen. However Slash was trying to work out a lawsuit that was going on between them, the only 2 mistakes were, he was drunk and had Perla with him. He did write Axl a small note that said lets work this out or something like that. Also I know Slash would have never gone over there. Perla made him go.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

I think it's a bit much to expect Slash to say everything was his fault ego or not. I'm more of an Axl fan than a Slash fan but no way was it all Slash's fault. Everyone in the band including lawyers and management had some culpability. It would be reasonable for him to shoulder some of the blame but not everything.

Why won't Slash do it for the sake of ending the feud? Is it his ego?

He already admitted on national tv (on Letterman) that he contributed to the negativity surrounding the whole thing because he was bitter about the breakup, and frankly I never heard anything from his mouth that justifies years and years of hard feelings. I don't think it's about ego at all, it's just that from his point of view there's no need for such an excuse, and I understand him.

I don't think it was such a big deal that Slash came over. The problem is Axl doesn't want slash to come over, he wants Slash to hold a press conference and tell the world that he was wrong about everything and that it was all his own fault for the split and that he lied about everything. Slash has a different point of view so therefor that will never happen. However Slash was trying to work out a lawsuit that was going on between them, the only 2 mistakes were, he was drunk and had Perla with him. He did write Axl a small note that said lets work this out or something like that. Also I know Slash would have never gone over there. Perla made him go.

Why would he throw his VR bandmates under the bus, to someone he hadn't talked to in almost a decade?

Do you think Perla drove him up there because she was tired of hearing about Slash complaining about Axl?

Why would he throw his VR bandmates under the bus, to someone he hadn't talked to in almost a decade?

Do you think Perla drove him up there because she was tired of hearing about Slash complaining about Axl?

Perhaps at the point VR was falling apart they started looking at Axl and GnR through rose tinted glasses. Grass is always greener etc...maybe Scott at his worst suddenly made Axl seem less difficult.

Perla has always been a huge GNR fan. She said a few years ago that she thought it was Slash's best stuff. Makes sense she would want to see them make up.

Plus the payout would be huge for the guys, and that would give Perla a lot more $$$ to spend