Which songs would you like GnR to play in Vegas?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Feel free to move or delete.

What are your expectations for the Vegas setlist? What are the chances if any, of a setlist change or do you believe it will be the same setlist as 2012?

Without thinking about it too much I assumed there would be more AFD songs on the setlist but how realistic is that expectation?

I don't expect new songs but I hope I'm wrong.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually just going to start a thread on this so glad you got the conversation going. It seems like, even though the shows are called "Appetite for Democracy," we've heard from band members that they might try to incorporate songs they haven't performed live before, particularly songs from the UYI albums. More than anything, I think it would be great if they played old nuggets like Perfect Crime, Yesterdays, 14 Years, and Dead Horse. Always think it would be nice if they varied the order of the songs, so people who attend multiple shows experience a bit more variety and can't reasonably predict the next song. I'm of the opinion that Paradise City should always close a GNR set, but I see more possibilities for the beginning of the show. How awesome would it be if the show started with a blistering rendition of Perfect Crime? Welcome to the Jungle is a great intro song, but it was also fun during the Illusion tours when they'd surprise the audience as to when they'd play it (usually preceeded by an Axl rant/story with him asking the question, "Do you know where you are?"). I know GNR doesn't follow a preplaned setlist, but more than anything, I think they'd be doing the fans attending and those following along in forums like this one a big service if the shows were a little less structured like they have been for the past 12 years.

Having said all that, I'm fully expecting every show to start with CD, WTTJ, ISE, Mr. B. and conclude with KOHD and Nightrain before the encore.

Edited by downzy

I heard somewhere that Ron was going to do an improvisation on Coma... Kind of like how Don't Cry start a few years a back. Although Axl only sang that a few times 20 odd years ago and that took a lot of prep for him back then. I reckon he could still belt it out to an extent, regardless of what the voice police on forum think.

I did hear them play Out to get me & Think about you a few years back and they sounded really good live, so the band can play those songs, and they don't creep up much these days.

I hope IRS makes a come back, I think it's quite vocally challenging, but Axl owns when he sings that.

I'm not so bothered about new songs, because there hasn't even been a hint of any new material being rehearsed or whatever, but hopefully they are using the time in California to get ideas together and perhaps do some recording.

The concerts will be fun and exciting and I really think they will be different to the Euro tour.

I would think the Nov 23/24 shows have the best chance of getting some of the less played CD songs like TWAT, maybe (acoustic?) Catcher, IRS...

Honestly though I think the most likely additions to the set would be My Michelle, Nice Boys, Think About You, maybe Yesterdays. I *hope* they add something for the hardcore fans like Oh My God, or Dead Horse or Coma. Wouldn't be surprised if Izzy came out to do 14 Years or Dust N Bones, but I'm not expecting it either...

I'm hoping for all of AFD from Welcome to the Jungle to Rocket Queen.

I know GNR have played most of the songs from AFD on tour, but I've never seen them do My Michelle, Think About you, Anything goes. It would be cool to hear those songs done.

Maybe the more unknown or lesser played songs of UYI both 1 and 2. Some CD since I do like that album too.

I guess once the shows begin, some of you that are going to the earlier shows can let us know what the set list will be and how the shows are doing.

This is Las Vegas, so I would expect something new and different for GNR. It has to be over the top awesome.

I'm almost more curious to see what the stage is gonna be like. I'm really hoping for a Canada 2010 style stage, only scaled to fit the venue obviously. Wonder if they'll bring out the inflatable Mao or hand? When Motley Crue did their residency there they had a circular stage come down from the roof and carry the band over the crowd for an acoustic set (and yea, Vince sounded exactly like you think he would). Wonder if guns will have anything coming from the roof (confetti maybe?)

Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Better, Fortus solo, Live And Let Die, This I Love, Motivation, Baba O'Riley, Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Ballad Of Death, Sweet Child O' Mine, Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2, November Rain, Glad To Be Here, Don't Cry, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie, Patience, Paradise City.

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Feel free to move or delete.

What are your expectations for the Vegas setlist? What are the chances if any, of a setlist change or do you believe it will be the same setlist as 2012?

Without thinking about it too much I assumed there would be more AFD songs on the setlist but how realistic is that expectation?

I don't expect new songs but I hope I'm wrong.

my guess is, the set list will belike all the set lists from the CD tour.

Why are you guys afraid that Ron will fuck up Coma? Is he known to do fuck up songs?

people are just butthurt that he can play better than slash :)

Just a shame he can't create music anywhere near as well as Slash then I guess. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey