Which songs would you like GnR to play in Vegas?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

If there is not big changes in the setlist during their Vegas residence,that would be a complete let down.They need to change at least 4 songs at each show,and new UYI and appetite songs has to be played.

12 shows in the same city? Can someone tell me what others band do during his residence?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard somewhere that Ron was going to do an improvisation on Coma... Kind of like how Don't Cry start a few years a back. Although Axl only sang that a few times 20 odd years ago and that took a lot of prep for him back then. I reckon he could still belt it out to an extent, regardless of what the voice police on forum think.

I did hear them play Out to get me & Think about you a few years back and they sounded really good live, so the band can play those songs, and they don't creep up much these days.

I hope IRS makes a come back, I think it's quite vocally challenging, but Axl owns when he sings that.

I'm not so bothered about new songs, because there hasn't even been a hint of any new material being rehearsed or whatever, but hopefully they are using the time in California to get ideas together and perhaps do some recording.

The concerts will be fun and exciting and I really think they will be different to the Euro tour.

Axl recorded parts of "Chinese Democracy" at the Palms hotel. lf there's sightings of Axl at The Palms and various members of GNR - maybe they're in the studio.

I

Guys, looks like the above setlist is real.

Real? Not as in "a set of songs that has been played at a concert" nor as in "a set of songs that will be played at a concert". This is just a set of songs the band might choose from when playing upcoming gigs, and as such there is nothing special about this song list.

Guys, looks like the above setlist is real.

Real? Not as in "a set of songs that has been played at a concert" nor as in "a set of songs that will be played at a concert". This is just a set of songs the band might choose from when playing upcoming gigs, and as such there is nothing special about this song list.

We all know how GNR's set lists work. That isn't news to anyone. If you don't see anything special about some of the songs that are on that setlist, such as Locomotive which hasn't appeared on a setlist or been played at a show in decades, I don't know what to tell you.

Already posted it a page back.

Edited by wfse

Indeed it is! Locomotive, Yes. Goin down is also moved from the bottom of the set, and sympathy. Interesting.

Knowing the track record the cover song is the most likely of the 3 we'll hear.

There is nothing special in songs appearing on the lists but never being played....I wouldn't get my hopes up ;).

Some questions: Why have someone made notes on the list as if it was after a concert? Why are the pictures uploaded using a German file sharing system? Could it be -- gasp! -- that someone is trolling us again?

Indeed it is! Locomotive, Yes. Goin down is also moved from the bottom of the set, and sympathy. Interesting.

There is nothing special in songs appearing on the lists but never being played....I wouldn't get my hopes up ;).

Some questions: Why have someone made notes on the list as if it was after a concert? Why are the pictures uploaded using a German file sharing system? Could it be -- gasp! -- that someone is trolling us again?

I guess you missed this.

http://www.gunsnfnro...post__p__193007

c8ihtks043ft1rnnd.jpg

If he's trolling, he's doing a pretty good job.

I guess you missed this.

No, I saw the rack where someone had hung up the AFD cover graphics. It doesn't really serve to make it legitimate ;). Anyone with access to that kind of concert equipment, and it doesn't have to be GN'R's, could hang up the cover, place a laptop there, and take a picture. E.g. a cupcake in Germany.

Such song lists are usually distributed to the crew immediately prior to a gig so that they know approximately what to happen with special emphasis on when pyros will take place. It is very unusual for such a list to be distributed many days prior to the gig. Unless it is fake, of course. The lists are often scribbled with notes, probably things they needed to be extra observant of, or last-minute changes which happened after the list was printed out. Again, this doesn't fit with a list distributed many days in prior. It seems like someone is basically copying such lists we have seen from after previous shows, but adding a few new songs to make us all interested.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is all fake.

Edited by SoulMonster

I guess you missed this.

No, I saw the rack where someone had hung up the AFD cover graphics. It doesn't really serve to make it legitimate ;). Anyone with access to that kind of concert equipment, and it doesn't have to be GN'R's, could hang up the cover, place a laptop there, and take a picture. E.g. a cupcake in Germany.

Such song lists are usually distributed to the crew immediately prior to a gig so that they know approximately what to happen with special emphasis on when pyros will take place. It is very unusual for such a list to be distributed many days prior to the gig. Unless it is fake, of course. The lists are often scribbled with notes, probably things they needed to be extra observant of, or last-minute changes which happened after the list was printed out. Again, this doesn't fit with a list distributed many days in prior. It seems like someone is basically copying such lists we have seen from after previous shows, but adding a few new songs to make us all interested.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is all fake.

On a normal show this might be the case. However, it has been said in many interviews and press statements regarding the Vegas shows, that they will have a new production and it isn't uncommon to distribute a set list a couple days in advance for the first show of a new production. We've seen plenty of setlists posted before shows that turned out to be legit. Either way we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by wfse

On a normal show this might be the case. However, it has been said in many interviews and press statements regarding the Vegas shows, that they will have a new production and it isn't uncommon to distribute a set list a couple days in advance for the first show of a new production. We've seen plenty of setlists posted before shows that turned out to be legit. Either way we'll find out soon enough.

No, we won't find out. What will happen is that they will play a gig comprised of some of the songs on that list, making it impossible for us to know if that list is really from GN'R or not (unless Locomotive or Anything Goes is played, of course...).

Yes, it has been said that the shows will be special, but according to both Tommy's and Dj's recent interviews it is apparent that not even the band knows at this stage what that means. Unique setlists? New stage lights? Completely new stage designed for the Joint? Who knows? Not Tommy or Dj at least. Hence it is even more implausible that the song list is real. Hell the band is still in rehearsal. How could a list of possible songs even be made right now?

I am leaning more and more towards the conclusion that the song list is made by some European cupcake.

PS: Aren't you Broskirose who not so long ago left this forum asking for his account to be deleted? Haha :D

Yes, it has been said that the shows will be special, but according to both Tommy's and Dj's recent interviews it is apparent that not even the band knows at this stage what that means. Unique setlists? New stage lights? Completely new stage designed for the Joint? Who knows? Not Tommy or Dj at least. Hence it is even more implausible that the song list is real.

They have stated that there will be a new stage setup and unique setlist several times. Clearly you haven't been reading much on this.

Hell the band is still in rehearsal. How could a list of possible songs even be made right now?

Gee, I don't know? Oh wait...yes I do. Do you not recall us seeing the setlist for RIR weeks before it happened, during Ron's live stream from rehearsals. What exactly makes you think that it's impossible for a list of songs to be made right now? It's happened in the past and we have flat out evidence of it.

PS: Aren't you Broskirose who not so long ago left this forum asking for his account to be deleted? Haha :D

I am Broskirose, yes. I fail to see how this is relevant. You don't have the slightest clue why I left, so I'm not sure what exactly is so funny. Care to fill me in?

Yes, it has been said that the shows will be special, but according to both Tommy's and Dj's recent interviews it is apparent that not even the band knows at this stage what that means. Unique setlists? New stage lights? Completely new stage designed for the Joint? Who knows? Not Tommy or Dj at least. Hence it is even more implausible that the song list is real.

They have stated that there will be a new stage setup and unique setlist several times. Clearly you haven't been reading much on this.

Hell the band is still in rehearsal. How could a list of possible songs even be made right now?

Gee, I don't know? Oh wait...yes I do. Do you not recall us seeing the setlist for RIR weeks before it happened, during Ron's live stream from rehearsals. What exactly makes you think that it's impossible for a list of songs to be made right now? It's happened in the past and we have flat out evidence of it.

I am Broskirose, yes. I fail to see how this is relevant. You don't have the slightest clue why I left, so I'm not sure what exactly is so funny. Care to fill me in?

No, they haven't said exactly what changes will be made to the residency compared to the last tour. Only what potentially can happen. Hell, Tommy even said he would suggest some changes that came up in a recent interview with Axl, proving that he was just coming up with things himself right there.

I recall the RIR setlist, but wasn't aware it came out "weeks prior" to the gig, nor that it came out while the band was still in active rehearsal. Care to provide some evidence for this?

It is funny when kids dramatically leave a forum just to crawl back a few weeks later with a new account, like as they want to separate themselves from their last forum account and start all over. So what will wfse be like?

the setlist will be the same as the last 11 years.

at this point it's all in the cards.

when nothing changes nothing changes.

the same songs for every night in the same order.

for those attending it's gonna be unbearable.

stale,boring and rigid.Axls a machine on automatic at this point in the game.

just add TWAT and Catcher as setlist staples.jesus is that so hard?fuck.

Guys, D.J. and Dizzy had been promising to change the setlist every show since the UPAC Tour. You can't keep playing those games. Is unfair to the fans. I think is time to move on and release a new song, it's been a while. Big expectations and then bigger let downs. We also tought the L.A. Forum show was gonna be something special...We got the same since South America 2011, then they toured the same set on the Greatest Hits Tour, then came the UCAP, then another Wurope leg and nothing has changed a bit. I don't expect big surprises, maybe Ou ta Get me, Think About You, IRS and Catcher back in the setlist.