Which songs would you like GnR to play in Vegas?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it is! Locomotive, Yes. Goin down is also moved from the bottom of the set, and sympathy. Interesting.

Knowing the track record the cover song is the most likely of the 3 we'll hear.

There is nothing special in songs appearing on the lists but never being played....I wouldn't get my hopes up ;).

Some questions: Why have someone made notes on the list as if it was after a concert? Why are the pictures uploaded using a German file sharing system? Could it be -- gasp! -- that someone is trolling us again?

I guess you missed this.

http://www.gunsnfnro...post__p__193007

If he's trolling, he's doing a pretty good job.

No, I saw the rack where someone had hung up the AFD cover graphics. It doesn't really serve to make it legitimate ;). Anyone with access to that kind of concert equipment, and it doesn't have to be GN'R's, could hang up the cover, place a laptop there, and take a picture. E.g. a cupcake in Germany.

Such song lists are usually distributed to the crew immediately prior to a gig so that they know approximately what to happen with special emphasis on when pyros will take place. It is very unusual for such a list to be distributed many days prior to the gig. Unless it is fake, of course. The lists are often scribbled with notes, probably things they needed to be extra observant of, or last-minute changes which happened after the list was printed out. Again, this doesn't fit with a list distributed many days in prior. It seems like someone is basically copying such lists we have seen from after previous shows, but adding a few new songs to make us all interested.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is all fake.

No, man, this is probably legit. The crew has been rehearsing with the band this week so thats why they've got the setlist way before the concerts. That means full production - pyro, full stage, sound guys, etc. That set looks awesome! I miss Coma though :( hopefully they'll play it at some point...

I'll wait for the setlist that includes Atlas Shrugged and The General before I go see Axl again.

+1

You and I both know that isn't true.

+1

God you guys are right. I'm sure I'll be seeing both of you again within the next couple of years.

Unfortunately I'm back in the midwest, but hey - if they're doing Atlas and The General and you decide to make a roadtrip out of it, bring it on!

I'll wait for the setlist that includes Atlas Shrugged and The General before I go see Axl again.

+1

+1

God you guys are right. I'm sure I'll be seeing both of you again within the next couple of years.

+1

You too man! Just, this time when we meet DJ, don't fall over ;)

+1

+1

+1

:awesomeface:

As opposed to when the crowd surged forward when it was picture time with Axl and I ended up hanging on to the poor guy for dear life? :takethat:

+1

+1

+1

:awesomeface:

As opposed to when the crowd surged forward when it was picture time with Axl and I ended up hanging on to the poor guy for dear life? :takethat:

Never did get that picture, did we. Thanks again, Team Brazil.

No, they haven't said exactly what changes will be made to the residency compared to the last tour. Only what potentially can happen. Hell, Tommy even said he would suggest some changes that came up in a recent interview with Axl, proving that he was just coming up with things himself right there.

The press statements have said that these setlists are going to be unique to these shows.

I recall the RIR setlist, but wasn't aware it came out "weeks prior" to the gig, nor that it came out while the band was still in active rehearsal. Care to provide some evidence for this?

Dude. Everyone has seen the setlist. I'm not going to go looking for it. There are atleast three different sources. Bumblefoot did a livestream which showed the setlist. There is a also a picture of the setlist from that reherasal, and a youtube video where Bumblefoot was doing a run though of his gear at the reheasal which clearly showed the setlist.

It is funny when kids dramatically leave a forum just to crawl back a few weeks later with a new account, like as they want to separate themselves from their last forum account and start all over. So what will wfse be like?

What exactly was dramatic about my leaving? I've never said anything about it in public. That is the opposite of dramatic. Again you don't have the slightest clue why I left or why I'm back. I can see you're still a whiny cunt though. Why not just go back to your forum that no one posts on?

And because the press release claims the setlists will be "unique" then that is evidence that the song list is real? Heh,

Too bad you weren't able to provide any source for the RIR setlist being "leaked" "weeks" before the gig. I really thought you would.

So you believe the song list is real because there's a press release claiming that the residency will have unique setlists and because you claim that we have one other occasion where a setlist has been leaked many days prior to the gig itself. Okay, It doesn't convince me though, and I'll summarized my reasons here:

- The band is still in rehearsal.

- Such list are usually distributed to the crew immediately prior to a gig.

- Such lists contain notes added with pen by the crew if changes occur or if they want to highlight anything after it has been printed out when there is not enough time to print out a revised list.

- The pictures were uploaded on a German file server.

- The picture that was supposed to prove that it was sent from a GN'R crew wasn't conclusive at all and could have been easily fake (all you need is some standard gig gear and a printer to print out the AFD artwork).

- The list contains a few too many implausible surprises (Locomotive, Anything Goes and Sympathy for the Devil).

I am not saying the song list is fake, just that we don't know and that there are lots of reasons why it could be fake. Jumping to conclusions, like so many here do, either way, is just entertaining.

Speaking of entertaining, no need to be so defensive. I was just saying it is funny that you need to distance yourself from "Broskirose" and funny when all you kids provide an endless amount of drama and entertainment, like running away from a forum and having the old account deleted and still coming back just a few weeks later with a new nickname. I love it! :D Will "wfse" just be a copy of "broskirose" or have you planned an entirely new personality for your new forum persona? All that Dj bashing got a bit old, so I am hoping for some new entertaining quirks and idiosyncrasies. And if you still don't get it, cool, just rest assure that you entertain me and others with your antics :thumbsup:

Edited by SoulMonster

I am gonna hope for him to sing some GNR songs. Cause when I bought my ticket, that is what I expected. All you fucking crybaby's who won't go till you get what you want, cool, stay home. Better seats for people who want to have a good time. I cannot ever remember seeing a band I like and thinking "damn I would have stayed home if I thought they weren't gonna play a certain song"

All you are doing is penalizing yourselves. If you want to see GNR go, if not, please for the love of God, stop fucking bitching.

I am getting to Def Con 4, always happens about a week before I see them live, and builds to a crescendo till the lights go out, and i am SO glad I didn't stay home, or not buy a ticket cause Axl wont play Coma.

Edited by Ruxin

And because the press release claims the setlists will be "unique" then that is evidence that the song list is real? Heh,

Did I ever say that?

Too bad you weren't able to provide any source for the RIR setlist being "leaked" "weeks" before the gig. I really thought you would.

I didn't think I'd have to. It's common knowledge. Like I said there are many videos and pictures from that rehearsal. Here's one of them.

IMG_0347.png

The band is still in rehearsal.

This is irrelevant as already proven.

Such list are usually distributed to the crew immediately prior to a gig.

You're simply wrong.

Such lists contain notes added with pen by the crew if changes occur or if they want to highlight anything after it has been printed out when there is not enough time to print out a revised list.

You don't know how long the setlist has been available to the crew (assuming it's legit).

The pictures were uploaded on a German file server.

So what? That hardly means it isn't legit. Perhaps the guy was trying to cover his tracks.

The picture that was supposed to prove that it was sent from a GN'R crew wasn't conclusive at all and could have been easily fake (all you need is some standard gig gear and a printer to print out the AFD artwork).

Yes, it could be fake. No one is denying that. But, it would seem that someone is going through a lot of effort and there isn't much for them to gain by faking this.

The list contains a few too many implausible surprises (Locomotive, Anything Goes and Sympathy for the Devil).

None of those are implausible in the slightest. For one thing, they've said these shows will have special setlists. On top of that, they've said they're going to play AFD in full. You realise that that Anything Goes is on AFD, right? And Locomotive is a song that has been heavily requested to Bumblefoot. He is the one who got Estranged and Civil War on the setlists, so it actually makes perfect sense for Locomotive to appear.

I am not saying the song list is fake, just that we don't know and that there are lots of reasons why it could be fake. Jumping to conclusions, like so many here do, either way, is just entertaining.

No one is jumping to conclusions. I don't think anyone 100% believes that it is real. But we've gotten real setlists before tours before. It's not like this would be something new.

Speaking of entertaining, no need to be so defensive. I was just saying it is funny that you need to distance yourself from "Broskirose" and funny when all you kids provide an endless amount of drama and entertainment, like running away from a forum and having the old account deleted and still coming back just a few weeks later with a new nickname. I love it! :D Will "wfse" just be a copy of "broskirose" or have you planned an entirely new personality for your new forum persona? All that Dj bashing got a bit old, so I am hoping for some new entertaining quirks and idiosyncrasies.

I'll say it once again. You have no idea why I left this forum. I have never attempted to distance myself from "Broskirose". Please show me where I created an "endless amount of drama and entertainment" by "running away" when I never said a word about it on the forum. FYI - it hasn't been a few weeks. And my usernames don't have anything to do with how I post. I'm sorry that my "Dj bashing" as you call it (more like, deserving criticism) offended you. I have zero intentions of changing how I post. I'm not sure why you keep bringing up my username as if it has anything to do with the discussion.

Edited by wfse

I saw on one of the threads about the Las Vegas setlist and couldn't help feel excited seeing Locomotive on there. If they had played Estranged and Civil War so far, then Locomotive is one song they really should bring forth (not really back as it's hardly ever been played), hopefully as a permanent. Although this song was very complex and hard for the average fan to understand and appreciate on the UYI tour as it was new at the time, the fans have had over 21 years to come to love this song and no reason why it shouldn't be played. It's a fairly straightforward song to sing from my own experience, despite the rolling verses. Axl can easily pull this off and if the band really want to impress fans in regards to old material, this is their ticket. I've played this song over and over a million times, it would really do the song justice for the band to play it at least one full leg of a tour, but preferably an entire tour. Keep the petition going to get this song the justice it deserves by being played regularly.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

There's a few audio clips of axl singing it, and he didn't do too good.

At the same time though, back in the 90's he could be great on one night and horrible on another night, so it very well could've been one of his bad nights....

I want to here that, along with OMG, prostitute, catcher, going down, dead horse, coma, pretty tied up, etc.

Broskirose/wfse,

The picture didn't show up. Typical.

For whom would the alleged leaker want to cover his tracks? GN'R? Then posting a picture of concert gear that could probably be linked to individual crew members would be a much greater risk to being identified than what file server he chose to use :D.

cupcakes always go through a lot of effort for very little reward. Just look at all the cupcakes deciding to waste away their lives on fan forums for bands they are not interested anymore, just for the occasional chuckle when they managed to create multipage threads. BBA created a fake setlist back in 2011. Perhaps you could ask him why he does it?

You have to provide some source for your claim that "they've" said they intend to play AFD in its entirety. I can't remember ever hearing that. I guess what you have heard is Dj or some other band member saying that would be cool. I am afraid you might be a bit too gullible.

As for Locomotive being a plausible song, no, I don't think so, too much of a Slash song (although Izzy helped write it). Same goes for Coma, btw. Sad but probably true.

Cool to hear you admit the song list could be fake. I am afraid we will never find out whether it is real or not.

Oh, I was just referring to your and others' antics as highly amusing. I love the drama. All that storming off, skulking, creeping back with a new nickname. It's great stuff. Keep it up :D

The picture didn't show up. Typical.

The picture shows up fine on my screen. What exactly do you mean by "typical"? Again, this is well known stuff. And the picture was a screenshot of this video which you can watch for yourself.

For whom would the alleged leaker want to cover his tracks? GN'R? Then posting a picture of concert gear that could probably be linked to individual crew members would be a much greater risk to being identified than what file server he chose to use :D.

Who said it was a crew member. It could be anyone working at The Joint.

You have to provide some source for your claim that "they've" said they intend to play AFD in its entirety. I can't remember ever hearing that. I guess what you have heard is Dj or some other band member saying that would be cool. I am afraid you might be a bit too gullible.

Wrong yet again. I don't recall Dj saying anything of the sort. It's been posted by some news site or blog. Look it up.

As for Locomotive being a plausible song, no, I don't think so, too much of a Slash song (although Izzy helped write it). Same goes for Coma, btw. Sad but probably true.

:facepalm:

Cool to hear you admit the song list could be fake. I am afraid we will never find out whether it is real or not.

How so? If they play songs like AG, OMG, Locomotive, etc that proves it is legit.

Oh, I was just referring to your and others' antics as highly amusing. I love the drama. All that storming off, skulking, creeping back with a new nickname. It's great stuff. Keep it up

Please show me where I stormed off, skulked or crept back? The only one being dramatic is you. Not sure why you're so obsessed with the fact that I left the forum for a while. I'm not the first and I certainly won't be the last. You do not have the slightest clue what my reasons for leaving were, so you can make all the obnoxious comments you want. Have fun obsessing over it some more I guess.

Edited by wfse

Broskirose/wfse,

Well, I can't see the picture. Does the video prove that the RIR setlist was released weeks prior to the gig? I see the video itself was released a day after the gig, but is there anything in it which proves that the RIR setlist was disclosed weeks before the gig, which is the claim of yours we are looking into here?

Are you seriously saying I should look up your sources to your claims?? Err, no, that won't happen. So come on now, who said AFD will be played in its entirety? Let's find out if "wfse" is a liar or just too lazy to back up his claims.

Do you honestly believe that if the band plays some of the unusual songs from the list it would prove the list to be genuine? Not sure if you are serious...

All of this is actually moot by now, because Bumblefoot has told me the list is an "old setlist from years ago". I just enjoy this discussion. I think I prefer "wfse" a whole lot more than "Broskirose", he is funny!

Edited by SoulMonster

Loco Motive is one of my all time favorites. But there is a reason that it was only played about 6 times in the history of GNR....it was hard for Axl to sing. Like other fan favorites like Coma, TWAT, or Breakdown....for whatever reasons, Axl never felt comfortable putting them into the regular rotation. We're lucky they got played at all.

Estranged and Civil War were staples of the UYI tour. Axl liked those songs and was OK with performing them every night 20 years ago and he obviously feels the same way now.

But to hold out hope for a song that was super rare two decades ago is kind of insane. I'd piss and shit myself simultaneously if the new band ever busted it out, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Well, I can't see the picture. Does the video prove that the RIR setlist was released weeks prior to the gig? I see the video itself was released a day after the gig, but is there anything in it which proves that the RIR setlist was disclosed weeks before the gig, which is the claim of yours we are looking into here?

If you can't see the picture, then just copy the link and follow it. Problem solved.

The video is from weeks before. Ron live streamed from those rehearsals. Ask anyone on the forum. I'm pretty sure everyone knows about this except you. During the live stream the setlist was briefly seen before Ron covered it up. The above video was taken on the same day. The livestream videos were since deleted, however some of the videos from the livestream are on youtube, though I can't find the particular one where the setlist is shown. Again, look around or just ask anyone.

Here's another video to prove that Ron livestreamed from the rehearsals.

Are you seriously saying I should look up your sources to your claims?? Err, no, that won't happen. So come on now, who said AFD will be played in its entirety? Let's find out if "wfse" is a liar or just too lazy to back up his claims.

Actually, I am saying that. I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. This is also something that has been posted on the forums and discussed. If you need confirmation, you can go find it.

Do you honestly believe that if the band plays some of the unusual songs from the list it would prove the list to be genuine? Not sure if you are serious...

That's funny considering you said the same exact thing in this thread a few pages back.

What will happen is that they will play a gig comprised of some of the songs on that list, making it impossible for us to know if that list is really from GN'R or not (unless Locomotive or Anything Goes is played, of course...).
All of this is actually moot by now, because Bumblefoot has told me the list is an "old setlist from years ago". I just enjoy this discussion. I think I prefer "wfse" a whole lot more than "Broskirose", he is funny!

Can you prove that Bumblefoot has told you this? Even if he had, Bumblefoot has said many things which weren't true. He also originally said that Going Down was a cover song. And before RIR he made it seem like Estranged wasn't going to be played, only to surprise everyone during the show so it may just be that he doesn't want it to get it out yet.

Continue to obsess over my username. I can see you're doing a fine job amusing yourself with it. You wonder why no one posts on your forum....

Broskirose/wfse,

I am afraid you are still not coming anywhere closer to documenting that the setlist was disclosed weeks prior to the gig, which you claimed. Can't you simply find a post here on the forum time-stamped to at least 2 weeks before the RIR gig which discusses the setlist? I did a quick scan of threads around that time period without finding anything.

I am also afraid that the more you keep sidestepping the issue and trying to argue without providing simple evidence -- both for your claim about the RIR setlist being available weeks before the gig and for someone in the GN'R camp saying they will play AFD in its entirety during the residency -- the more you come across as a liar. If lying is going to be the trademark of "wfse" then I wish you would rather bring back "Broskirose".

I never meant that playing Locomotive would prove the song list to be real, just that it would make it more probable. Sorry for that confusion, my mistake.

Of course I can prove that Bumblefoot told me the setlist is from years ago, but that would necessity giving up my identity, something I am not willing to do, unless you accept a screenshot of the email as proof? I am not really worried about people believing I have made up that comment from Bumblefoot, I think people here who knows me know I would never do such a thing. I never lie. Btw, I am not saying Bumbles can't be lying about the setlist, I just find no reason to believe he is.

So to summarize why the songlist is NOT a new setlist for the Vegas residency:

- Bumblefoot said it was an "old setlist from years ago".

- The band is still in rehearsal, trying out songs for the gigs.

- Setlists tend to be distributed right before gigs, not long before (despite what broskirose/wfse might claim).

- Then setlists often get scribbled on by crew right before or during the shows last minute additions -- things that might be important to them and not the whole crew, etc -- not many days before the show.

- Suspicious weak attempt by original poster into making it appear as if he is part of the crew/the Joint (gluing AFD artwork on some standard gig equipment).

- The pictures originally appeared on gunsnfnroses.com.

- Failing attempt by wfse/broskirose into arguing for why it is genuine.