Which songs would you like GnR to play in Vegas?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with it?

Not a thing. I love The Garden. But living in the past just makes death that much closer, so I'd prefer to hear something we haven't heard.

Ahhh valid point. However I've learnt not to expect any new material from Guns..

Ahhh valid point. However I've learnt not to expect any new material from Guns..

If Alice Cooper joined GNR on stage for The Garden, that would be something to see. If we got Don't Damn Me, that would be cool because it isn't ever played live (has it ever been played live?).

In general though, if I want to hear the old stuff, I can hear every single bit of it - in 1000 variations - any time I want. And doing so is going to age me, you, and the band quicker. GNR is walking in place, and that place is 1991.

Most GNR fans want them to be relevant again, but that shit ain't happening until Axl is inspired to pull himself out of the quicksand. All these old fans trying to talk him into staying there aren't helping.

I would L O V E to hear "Locomotive" in Vegas!! I'd love to hear "Breakdown" as well.

Things I'd love to hear from that supposed set list floating around are: Locomotive, If the World, Prostitute, Oh My God and Sympathy For The Devil.

Seeing as these shows are apparently paying tribute to Appetite, would anyone else like to see the Appetite arrangement of this song make an appearance on the setlist, just to make things a bit more authentic?

I know consensus states that the Lies arrangement is generally superior, but personally I've always actually preferred the AFD cut, I think the energy's fantastic on it so I would absolutely love to hear it.

Being fake or not, it is clear that the crew needs some kind of setlist to follow so they can rehearse with the band. They've been doing this for a few days now so they have a setlist to follow. I don't know if we'll see that setlist before the shows, though.

Well, if what Dizzy's saying is true about the whole album being played as a single entity, then hearing the version of this song that was actually on the disc would probably be more appropriate... (I just really want to hear this version live, can you tell? :P)

Locomotive is one of Slash's songs. Axl will never sing it

Locomotive is as much Axl`s song as it is Slash`s Axl wrote lyrics and vocal melodies without him it would share Anastasia`s fate great instrumental shit lyrics and melodies on top of it