Is Axl your favourite vocalist of all time?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I KNOW this is a stupid question to ask on a guns n' roses forum but...

It comes down to personal choice but for me when Axl is in top form no one can sing better than he can. He could pull off so many styles and captured every mood. I can't think of anyone else's voice I prefer. If I was male I'd want to sound like that when I sang.

Although I find it so hard to seperate his stage presence from the old days from the singing. It almost goes hand and hand. In my mind when I think of Axl at his best, he was roaring at the top of his lungs commanding that stage. No one else did it like him (imo).

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I KNOW this is a stupid question to ask on a guns n' roses forum but...

No, it's not a stupid question at all because I have to say he is not my favourite.

Bon Scott and Freddie Mercury are better imo. I love Klaus Meine too (Scorpions) and, on stage, no one like Bruce Springsteen. I've never seen anybody as passionate as the Boss in my whole life and he is just amazing.

Edited by izzygirl

No he isn't. But he is my favorite frontmen of all time. As a vocalist there are or have been others I like more.

But all together (singing, writing, performing) he is together with Mercury my favorite frontmen.

Edited by MBRose

Guest RonMexico82

At their best, Guns N' Roses were Gods. Axl & Slash are my favourite singer and guitarist respectively.

Edited by RonMexico82

Freddie Mercury is my all time favourite. Axl is second.

He's the best out there currently, imo. Not many have reached the standard he has in terms of song writing and live performances. At 50 years old, he is still better than the majority out there.

For all those years of life i've been appreciated many singers. since my teenage years i like very very much Rick Martin, Freddie Mercury, Mick Hucknall, George Micheal and Rick Astley There other from my contry but not knowledge outside my land.

Although i like Myles K. he seems to be a guy who everybody would like to be a friend, but i can´t deny Axl is the king of my heart No exist other like him to me

I dont really matter if his voice lost the power because he always be have my respect. I´ll always be want care about his life e wishes still sing.

When i look younger girls scream crazily for Justin Bieber I understand cause I feel like one of them with Axl.

Sorry for my english.

Versatile distinctive rasp that nobody else has, a stage presence that is still prominent today, and a great lyricist.

It's a shame though that we haven't got much from him over the past decade and a half besides Chinese Democracy. I feel as though he probably has a bunch of awesome songs, but unfortunate for some reason were not going to hear them for a long time. Everytime I listen to the intro to The General, it makes me hope that one day we could hopefully get new music from Axl.