How amazing would it be for Guns to play a new song at each show?!

gavgnr

Would it be totally be beyond the realms of possibility for Axl and the boys to play a new track from the Chidem sessions each night during the Vegas run?

This would certainly make the gigs fan-fricken-tastic and certainly help the band add some variety to each show.

Thoughts?

Edited by gavgnr

If they had taken time off before doing the residency and posted photos of being in the studio, we'd prob. be seeing new songs coming. It doesn't sound like they're doing intense rehearsals, but if they've done songs they've never done live together before, it doesn't mean they've never done those songs in past rehearsals or on their own time. I got the impression they always had to be ready for Axl to call out a song they've never done.

If they played one new song at each show, that would constitute a new album.. I doubt that's going to happen.. although on the finnal night they should atleast perform 2 new songs to keep fans happy, atleast to bridge the next 10 year gap :D

Edited by vaida

My guess is it'll be some variety of "new" old songs. Probably stuff we've seen as options before, like Perfect Crime, along with maybe some other Illusions singles like Yesterdays or Dead Horse. Maybe also the return of Chinese songs like IRS and If The World which haven't been played much. I think Locomotive or Coma is wishful thinking. Estranged made sense, but even the old line-up barely played the other two.

I certainly wouldn't complain if they whipped out a new song or two, but I just don't see it happening.

The problem is, that's 12 songs out of a 14-18 song album.... As we know from Chinese democracy, that realy doesn't help album sales. It would be nice though, but it will never happen.

I agree, most likely we will see old songs, maybe 1-2 new ones if were lucky.

Hopefully they play songs we haven't heard in a while like dead horse, pretty tied up, riad, prostitute, omg, etc.

Edited by liers

It would be the greatest thing ever. Imagine that......a band wanting to share new music with its fans!!!!!

Unfortunately, if Axl doesn't rehearse with the band, then I doubt we will hear any new music.

I wish they would though. Play some new songs, release a new album and this band could be huge again.

It would be the greatest thing ever. Imagine that......a band wanting to share new music with its fans!!!!!

Unfortunately, if Axl doesn't rehearse with the band, then I doubt we will hear any new music.

I wish they would though. Play some new songs, release a new album and this band could be huge again.

Looking at the recent Brain interview, Axl didn't rehearse with them before the first 2001 shows, and they played a bunch of new songs..

DJ also said the 2009 Taiwan show was the first time he'd played the songs with Axl singing, whole lot of new songs.

Could happen.

Edited by Spirit

Would it be totally be beyond the realms of possibility for Axl and the boys to play a new track from the Chidem sessions each night during the Vegas run?

This would certainly make the gigs fan-fricken-tastic and certainly help the band add some variety to each show.

Thoughts?

Like what Metllica did last year where they played the song and then it was ready for download that same night?