Interview with Brain Mantia

loko

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad how brain doesn't even know the names of the songs he helped write. What the heck is "I'm Sorry"?

Uh it was prob the working title at one point. Why arr sum of you so critical about dum shit that doest even mattrr? And to the dude who said franks better than freese ...arr you u kidding?

It's sad how brain doesn't even know the names of the songs he helped write. What the heck is "I'm Sorry"?

Uh it was prob the working title at one point. Why arr sum of you so critical about dum shit that doest even mattrr? And to the dude who said franks better than freese ...arr you u kidding?

I can relate... Whenever Axl refers to "Welcome to the Jungle" simply as "Jungle" I get very confused.

I can relate... Whenever Axl refers to "Welcome to the Jungle" simply as "Jungle" I get very confused.

Yeah and whenever he talks about touring "Chinese", I always imagining flying around the world with buckets of Chow Mein.

I've always loved Brain, and his work on Chinese is definitely the best drumming I've ever head, period. I also love Frank and feel that he has stepped incredibily and has earnt his place in GN'R no doubt, he is also a GREAT guy. I don't think I wouldn't liked the 2 drummers thing, might of been abit awkward, and I respect Brain for kind of stepping back because of feeling the same.

I am glad that he is still very close to the GN'R camp and is still on very good terms with Axl... I've seen GN'R 30 times and have worked out that 6 of those times was with Brain, and I'm VERY thankful because of that. I saw him at Rock In Rio 06, Hammersmith 06, Donnington 06, Paris 06, and also the 2 shows in Las Vegas also of 2006, the 16th and 17th.

Brilliant guy, and a fantastic drummer... :shades:

Not rehearsing with you band before a 250,000 person come back show??? Imagine if Axl actually ACTUALLY cared about how he sounded.... I wouldn't be surprised if he has never actually rehearsed with his band...... and DJ actually thinks they've been working on tunes lol. Dj has been writing riffs thats about it

Yeah and whenever he talks about touring "Chinese", I always imagining flying around the world with buckets of Chow Mein.

:rofl-lol:

Miss Brain, thankly this interview puts to rest any confusion on if he quit, was fired, left the band, what exactly happened.

I prefer Brain over Frank, but then again, Franks better than Freese and Adler

Frank better then Freese ? are you kidding ? he is n`t even better then popcorn let alone Josh

i miss Brain and unfortunately never got to see him perform live with gnr.

I'm hoping him along with Finck make a surprise appearance at the upcoming vegas shows, it will be the highlight of the residency.

Bumble said in the chats that both Better Gone and Blood in the Water are fake.

dont know about blood in the water, but Better Gone is real, can you show me a chatlog or screen capt where Bumble said this?

Great interview.

Some similar stuff to old interviews e.g. Recording the drums for CD, but so glad to hear someone just say exactly as it is instead of the generic and boring 'Soon, very soon' or 'We're going to be going into the studio any moment' and all that garbage.

Bumblefoot never ever said that the remixes are fakes. This is a lie that is being spread. See how no one is able to prove that information or even show the link of the chatlog or even give any other information?

Bumblefoot NEVER said the remixes are fake, mainly because they are not, and he knows that, since he plays on both songs.

He never said that, and if he did, show me the chatlog, send me the link, or just even tell me the date and I'll find the chat and show you all how there's nothing related there.

This is a lie, stop spreading this bullshit. Ron Thal NEVER said the remixes are fake, and certainly never will, since they're real.

Edited by ManetsBR

Bumblefoot never ever said that the remixes are fakes. This is a lie that is being spread. See how no one is able to prove that information or even show the link of the chatlog or even give any other information?

Bumblefoot NEVER said the remixes are fake, mainly because they are not, and he knows that, since he plays on both songs.

He never said that, and if he did, show me the chatlog, send me the link, or just even tell me the date and I'll find the chat and show you all how there's nothing related there.

This is a lie, stop spreading this bullshit. Ron Thal NEVER said the remixes are fake, and certainly never will, since they're real.

You could also show me some proof "since they're real". That is another lie you're spreading. We don't really know that...

Was Bumblefoot involved in a remix project? If not, then he wouldn't be able to confirm or deny something that Axl and a producer collaborated on. This interview seems to make it sound like Axl's been keeping in touch with Mantia, and I'm sure it ties into what Axl has planned next.

I think he's just doing a waiting game with the record companies right now. He's not the only one doing it, either.

Edited by dalsh327