Interview with Brain Mantia

loko

I dunno seems kinda shady of Brain, five years later, to acknowledge that he's not really IN the band anymore. Up until this interview, my understanding was first he stepped away for a minute to help out his wife and child. Then it became evident it was something more when CD was released and Frank was in the liner notes, was touring with the band. Then Brain and I think even Axl said that Brain is writing material. Now he's like "I'd feel bad for performing my own songs. My association with Gnr is sending Axl remixes."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumble said in the chats that both Better Gone and Blood in the Water are fake.

Bumblefoot never ever said that the remixes are fakes. This is a lie that is being spread. See how no one is able to prove that information or even show the link of the chatlog or even give any other information?

Bumblefoot NEVER said the remixes are fake, mainly because they are not, and he knows that, since he plays on both songs.

He never said that, and if he did, show me the chatlog, send me the link, or just even tell me the date and I'll find the chat and show you all how there's nothing related there.

This is a lie, stop spreading this bullshit. Ron Thal NEVER said the remixes are fake, and certainly never will, since they're real.

Well I asked him point blank if they were fake, while providing a link to both songs, and he said to the best of his knowledge better gone was fan made and didn't come from them. And then later stated blood in the water was fake. He was answering every question seriously, and this was well before shit hit the fan between me and him. I don't have screencaps or anything, but the mods might. I know for a fact bs and hv were there. Maybe powerrage was too. I'm sure you can ask them if you don't believe me. They should at least have the logs to look through to confirm it.

So yeah, I'm gonna believe someone who currently works for Axl over some popcorn fart stomping his feet pouting that the leaks are real while providing no solid evidence that they are.

Bumblefoot never ever said that the remixes are fakes. This is a lie that is being spread. See how no one is able to prove that information or even show the link of the chatlog or even give any other information?

Bumblefoot NEVER said the remixes are fake, mainly because they are not, and he knows that, since he plays on both songs.

He never said that, and if he did, show me the chatlog, send me the link, or just even tell me the date and I'll find the chat and show you all how there's nothing related there.

This is a lie, stop spreading this bullshit. Ron Thal NEVER said the remixes are fake, and certainly never will, since they're real.

Well I asked him point blank if they were fake, while providing a link to both songs, and he said to the best of his knowledge better gone was fan made and didn't come from them. And then later stated blood in the water was fake. He was answering every question seriously, and this was well before shit hit the fan between me and him. I don't have screencaps or anything, but the mods might. I know for a fact bs and hv were there. Maybe powerrage was too. I'm sure you can ask them if you don't believe me. They should at least have the logs to look through to confirm it.

So yeah, I'm gonna believe someone who currently works for Axl over some popcorn fart stomping his feet pouting that the leaks are real while providing no solid evidence that they are.

Shit hit the fan between you two? What happened?

Shit hit the fan between you two? What happened?

PM me. Don't wanna derail the thread going through all this shit again.

Axl's really the only one who could say with certainty if the songs are real or fake. The band prob. hasn't heard every single demo Axl's done.

I just think it's interesting that Brain revealed he's still working with GNR, so that should give some of us hope for new music, and maybe some remixes that they'll put out via the fan club.

Brain's obviously mistaken re' Vegas/Rio. One was in front of 2k, the other 200k, I wonder which one will stand out in the memory. Plus, it was eleven years ago.

Love Brain, but gotta say Frank's a better fit for the current line up IMO. He plays the stiuff alright also.

Ummm wasnt the first show in vegas?

Yeah... This doesn't make sense..

Vegas was considered a wamp-up for Rio, only 3,000 people, maybe less. I guess he doesn't count the warm-up :shrugs:

I was there. Axl told a story about how he actually showed up to rehearsal and played with the band which was a first in a very long time.

Ummm wasnt the first show in vegas?

Yeah... This doesn't make sense..

Vegas was considered a wamp-up for Rio, only 3,000 people, maybe less. I guess he doesn't count the warm-up :shrugs:

I was there. Axl told a story about how he actually showed up to rehearsal and played with the band which was a first in a very long time.

:confused:

Freese is the best drummer GN'R has ever had by far. Brain is a good drummer too but the work on CD really isn't all that exotic or technical. If you want to listen to some incredible drumming check out something like Lateralus by Tool. The drumming on that album is out of this world.

Freese is the best drummer GN'R has ever had by far. Brain is a good drummer too but the work on CD really isn't all that exotic or technical. If you want to listen to some incredible drumming check out something like Lateralus by Tool. The drumming on that album is out of this world.

Some Tool is okay,but not on a Portnoy or Peart level.

Frank fits in well and is much preferable over So rum, Brain was cool as well but it is what it is,roll with it.

Frank has done the two drummer thing -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkrSPpNvnI