How do I embed youtube videos at a specific time stamp and how do I change message board display settings?

saber_

Greetings to all, and to all, greetings.

If this is the wrong venue, please delete/lock and alert me, but I did make an effort to search before posting this.

#1 I think this is a coincidence in the timing of forum changes and youtube changes, but I can no longer embed youtube videos to start a specific time point. I used to be able to do it by appending "&start=20" (or whatever number of seconds). That doesn't work on youtube anymore, so I acknowledge that's not a forum filter thing. However, the old method for just starting a video at a specific start point (which did not work for embedding), appending "#t=20" does work on youtube, but on the forum, the filter turns it into a "link."

So if I just type a link with a start time, it does this:

If I put media tags around it, it does this:

If I paste the link, then use the unlink button on it, then put media tags around it, it does this:

So I guess my first question is: what is the proper way to embed a youtube video with a specifc start point? Or can it be done anymore? (and I acknowledge that youtube changes are at play here, not 'blaming' this on the forum software). I apologize if my HTML is rusted out and the answer is something to do with an easy HTML snippet.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

#2 How do I change my forum display settings? It's set for like 15 messages a page. I really really (really) like being able to display 20, 30, 40 (and beyond) messages per page. Is there any way to do that? I looked around but couldn't find it. I understand I am opening myself up to being called a dumbass because it might be really easy to change and I just completely failed at finding it.

Edited by brainsaber

Have no idea,having some glitches w/da new and improved format as well (ie: viewing profiles,sending pm's)

But I upgraded my 'puter and phone on same day,coincidentally so it might be moi.

Can you elaborate a little? Might be able to help you work it out.

@brainsaber, the BBcode for converting youtube links has probably changed... I'll have a look at it. Could also be because of something I did (prior to the upgrade though) to stop people embedding autoplay videos.

EDIT: Nope, I looked into it. It was neither.

#1. The #t=xx only works ON youtube. The &start=xx is (or was) the method used for the timestamp with embedded links. This no longer works because youtube has removed support for &start (effectively removing support for embedded videos that begin on a timestamp). If you read here, it becomes more obvious why they did this: http://searchenginew...Search-Rankings

#2 - This is a feature Invision have deliberately removed for a valid reason. Basically, if you had 100 posts (or threads) per page visible and I only had 20 posts per page, a post on your page 10 would be on my page 50. This becomes a problem for members who share links by copying them out of the address bar.

To explain what this means - I could send you a link to something on my "page 50", and it wouldn't load for you because with your settings, there are only 10 pages in that thread. Invision had no way to fix it, so they removed the feature altogether.

Have no idea,having some glitches w/da new and improved format as well (ie: viewing profiles,sending pm's)

But I upgraded my 'puter and phone on same day,coincidentally so it might be moi.

Can you elaborate a little? Might be able to help you work it out.

@brainsaber, the BBcode for converting youtube links has probably changed... I'll have a look at it. Could also be because of something I did (prior to the upgrade though) to stop people embedding autoplay videos.

EDIT: Nope, I looked into it. It was neither.

#1. The #t=xx only works ON youtube. The &start=xx is (or was) the method used for the timestamp with embedded links. This no longer works because youtube has removed support for &start (effectively removing support for embedded videos that begin on a timestamp). If you read here, it becomes more obvious why they did this: http://searchenginew...Search-Rankings

#2 - This is a feature Invision have deliberately removed for a valid reason. Basically, if you had 100 posts (or threads) per page visible and I only had 20 posts per page, a post on your page 10 would be on my page 50. This becomes a problem for members who share links by copying them out of the address bar.

To explain what this means - I could send you a link to something on my "page 50", and it wouldn't load for you because with your settings, there are only 10 pages in that thread. Invision had no way to fix it, so they removed the feature altogether.

Damn youtube! *shakes fist* /jk

Cool, thankye for the info hv.