Who could possibly act as a bridge?

alfa75

Do not know what your definition of blame is but,

That (the 1991 Tour) had a lot to do with Alan Niven, our then manager, and Slash. In my opinion Alan wanted money and Slash wanted the touring to get the better of me given my circumstances at the time. My safety and well-being were not their concern. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niven said he booked the tour to scare Geffen into giving the band a better contract and yes if the band gets more money so does he. Thats his job to get the best deal for the band. I also think Slash wanted to tour. The band only played 8 gigs in 1989 and 1 gig in 1990 but I don't think he wanted to tour before the record was ready. There is no way Slash wanted to tour to harm Axl, how dumb would it be to see your singer harmed, then you have nothing if Axl is harmed. The band was at the top of their game with a double album coming out. Summer is the best time to tour how can you pass up that opportunity? Axl was going through some things at the time. Slash couldn't see any reason for the band not to tour because what ever Axl was going through (in Slash's mind) was not enough to stop the band from reaching their goals. I don't blame Slash for wanting to tour in 1991 there was no way that he could have really understood what was going on with Axl at that time.

Edited by recklessroad

That quote from Axl's lawyer at the end there is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Does Axl really believe that Slash has waged some personal war against him for 20 years? The only person that has screwed Axl is Axl himself. Its truly absurd.

"In October of 2005, [...] not appearing to be under the influence, [...] Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house." (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

"I did go by his house but I was drunk - Perla wasn't and she was driving. I walked up the door and delivered a note that said something like 'Let's work this out. Call me. - Slash.' But I didn't give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant." (Slash, Autobiography)

"I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band." (Beta Lebeis, 05/09/07)

"Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.'" (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3760

The last part is true..slash even admited it.

That quote from Axl's lawyer at the end there is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Does Axl really believe that Slash has waged some personal war against him for 20 years? The only person that has screwed Axl is Axl himself. Its truly absurd.

"In October of 2005, [...] not appearing to be under the influence, [...] Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house." (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

"I did go by his house but I was drunk - Perla wasn't and she was driving. I walked up the door and delivered a note that said something like 'Let's work this out. Call me. - Slash.' But I didn't give it to Axl, I gave it to his assistant." (Slash, Autobiography)

"I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band." (Beta Lebeis, 05/09/07)

"Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.'" (Howard Weitzman, press release, 03/06/06)

Worse still, he said it was a lie on two seperate occasions before doing a complete u-turn and admiting the visit took place! I am a gigantic fan of the guy but this was not exactly Slash's finest hour. Still, we all do and say daft stuff when we are intoxicated.

He still however denies that he criticised his VR band mates; he said he just wanted to sort out the legal bullshit. I am not sure I 100% believe that. I mean we know Slash was unhappy in VR and had a bit of a feud with Scotty Weiland.

The whole thing is hilarious. The idea of a drunk Slash speaking to Beta outside Axl's gate at five ithirty n the morning: ''that Soooram's a reaaal wanker. I Luv you Betamax. Show us your tits luv.'' It is pure 'GN'R' soap opera.

Niven said he booked the tour to scare Geffen into giving the band a better contract and yes if the band gets more money so does he. Thats his job to get the best deal for the band. I also think Slash wanted to tour. The band only played 8 gigs in 1989 and 1 gig in 1990 but I don't think he wanted to tour before the record was ready. There is no way Slash wanted to tour to harm Axl, how dumb would it be to see your singer harmed, then you have nothing if Axl is harmed. The band was at the top of their game with a double album coming out. Summer is the best time to tour how can you pass up that opportunity? Axl was going through some things at the time. Slash couldn't see any reason for the band not to tour because what ever Axl was going through (in Slash's mind) was not enough to stop the band from reaching their goals. I don't blame Slash for wanting to tour in 1991 there was no way that he could have really understood what was going on with Axl at that time.

Do you know how much of what was going in with Axl at the time Slash was aware of? Did Axl ever say he didn't want to your? According to the Niven interview everyone was excited about touring.

Honestly i can't imagine Slash saying that about Duff or Matt...neither the Axl proven himself the stronger thing... i think that was made up by Beta...

Beta had her own interested to look after. Truth be said. She is a horrible person.

You don't know her, so you calling her "a horrible person" and stating it as fact is really pathetic.

Have you seen the madison emails? It's my opinion and I am stating it as my opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

Worse still, he said it was a lie on two seperate occasions before doing a complete u-turn and admiting the visit took place! I am a gigantic fan of the guy but this was not exactly Slash's finest hour. Still, we all do and say daft stuff when we are intoxicated.

He still however denies that he criticised his VR band mates; he said he just wanted to sort out the legal bullshit. I am not sure I 100% believe that. I mean we know Slash was unhappy in VR and had a bit of a feud with Scotty Weiland.

The whole thing is hilarious. The idea of a drunk Slash speaking to Beta outside Axl's gate at five ithirty n the morning: ''that Soooram's a reaaal wanker. I Luv you Betamax. Show us your tits luv.'' It is pure 'GN'R' soap opera.

Soap opera for sure lol I wish someone would make a spoof youtube video about it :)

I wonder why Beta would make something like that up? I think Slash's demons came back during that period and he just said some stupid shit.

In the end we'll never know if there is any truth to what he said.

Marc have you ever talked to Slash about the 5AM visit?

Edited by volcano62

She is not a bad person but when it comes to Slash, she just doesn't have all the facts so she over reacts.

Marc, what facts are you talking about? Are you talking about Slash's point of view, or are you referring to actual things that happened that would make her have a different opinion on the man?

Beta had her own interested to look after. Truth be said. She is a horrible person.

You don't know her, so you calling her "a horrible person" and stating it as fact is really pathetic.

Have you seen the madison emails? It's my opinion and I am stating it as my opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

No. But Madison was very passive aggressive towards Axl and his band so it would make sense for her to dislike Madison.

No. But Madison was very passive aggressive towards Axl and his band so it would make sense for her to dislike Madison.

Read them first. Then judge.

I think

Honestly i can't imagine Slash saying that about Duff or Matt...neither the Axl proven himself the stronger thing... i think that was made up by Beta...

It is not just Beta. It is Weitzman (Axl's lawyer). It is actually Weitzman who broke the story - Beta merely mentioned it later.

Personally, I believe Slash did say some negative things about his VR bandmates. I lean more on Weitzman and Beta's account. Look at the evidence...

- Slash lied twice about not visiting before changing his story.

- Slash was intoxicated (his confession). We all know we mouth off when we are intoxicated. Just the fact that the meeting was 5 30 in the morning tells you that it was a drunken man's escapade.

- Slash did have difficulties with Scott Weiland and was unhappy in VR. We know this because A/ the band broke up. B/ Slash denied outright those reports by Scott that they were reuniting (I think this was, about a year ago). It is a fair guess that VR would be still active if it wasn't for Slash.

We have gone through this many times. If you are talking about the Slash trip to Axl's house, I have said before Slash did go there and who knows what the fuck he said about Scott and Duff, We already know he said some bad things about them, at that time he was not getting along with them and he was still doing dope and drinking and he was in a bad way. Perla's goal was for Slash to make up with Axl, so thats why he was there. Slash would have never gone there but Perla made him go. He gave beta a note to give to Axl that said something like "lets work this out" He had to lie about it after Axl went public with it or he would have been in deep with the VR guys. Who the fuck cares at this point. The bottom line is Axl knew he wrote something cool on the note because Axl called me and told me that. That would have been a good time for Axl to let Slash know why he was so mad and maybe they could have talked and figured out some of the communication problems that they still have on what went wrong.

We have gone through this many times. If you are talking about the Slash trip to Axl's house, I have said before Slash did go there and who knows what the fuck he said about Scott and Duff, We already know he said some bad things about them, at that time he was not getting along with them and he was still doing dope and drinking and he was in a bad way. Perla's goal was for Slash to make up with Axl, so thats why he was there. Slash would have never gone there but Perla made him go. He gave beta a note to give to Axl that said something like "lets work this out" He had to lie about it after Axl went public with it or he would have been in deep with the VR guys. Who the fuck cares at this point. The bottom line is Axl knew he wrote something cool on the note because Axl called me and told me that. That would have been a good time for Axl to let Slash know why he was so mad and maybe they could have talked and figured out some of the communication problems that they still have on what went wrong.

Was he considering it?

By the way the lets work this out was regarding a lawsuit that was filed from Slash and Duff regarding back pay from GNR money that was not paid to them. This didn't really have to do with reunion talk.

Did Slash and Duff eventually realise the royalties mixup was a clerical error?

Edited by volcano62

Even after Axl's lawyer clarified that it was in fact a clerical error, they decided to go forward with the lawsuit. There was nothing to work out, which is probably why Axl didn't respond. Them continuing the lawsuit even after Slash's visit was probably Axl's motivation for filing the countersuit where he brought Slash's remarks to light. Axl never gave in to any of Slash's power plays, he knows deception and manipulation from industry types too well.

Even after Axl's lawyer clarified that it was in fact a clerical error, they decided to go forward with the lawsuit. There was nothing to work out, which is probably why Axl didn't respond. Them continuing the lawsuit even after Slash's visit was probably Axl's motivation for filing the countersuit where he brought Slash's remarks to light. Axl never gave in to any of Slash's power plays, he knows deception and manipulation from industry types too well.

I didn't realise they still moved forward with the lawsuit KNOWING it was just a clerical error.

Sad.....

Volcano, it was an omnibus lawsuit which included Axl's control of publishings as well as, the missing $92,000. The lawsuit continued on the principle of the former. The lawsuit was really a reaction to the Sanctuary and Black Frog deals of January and May 2005. Axl leased the publishings to Sanctuary for twenty years and switched 'Guns N' Roses Music' to 'Black Frog' (which Axl owns) without consulting Slash or Duff. Slash and Duff were obviously disturbed at seeing there 2/3s majority being switched like this so sued.

Volcano, it was an omnibus lawsuit which included Axl's control of publishings as well as, the missing $92,000. The lawsuit continued on the principle of the former. The lawsuit was really a reaction to the Sanctuary and Black Frog deals of January and May 2005. Axl leased the publishings to Sanctuary for twenty years and switched 'Guns N' Roses Music' to 'Black Frog' (which Axl owns) without consulting Slash or Duff. Slash and Duff were obviously disturbed at seeing there 2/3s majority being switched like this so sued.

Ok in the end everything worked out? Royalties back on track?