They're making Star Wars Ep. 7... WTF

ThomasMeadow

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if George doesn't have anything to do with this it maybe will be good.

it can't be worse then the prequels anyway.

He's still on board as a “creative consultant.”

I just read that. I hope they tell him to shut up if he comes with stupid ideas like Jar Jar's son or another trade federation

Lets not forget they picked up the rights to Indiana Jones as well

I never saw the new Indiana Jones movie either.

Its for the best :lol:

I'm not thrilled about all the movies from my childhood getting basterdized. Including Evil Dead. That one, I'll still watch anyway just because Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are involved.

There already are a lot of canonical stories after ROTJ in the Expanded Universe, many of them featuring Luke, Han Leia etc.

Yeah but I doubt Disney will go as in that direction as the post-Jedi 'canon' is quite shitty. Han and Leia have twins, one of whom eventually becomes a Sith, murders Luke's wife, and then gets killed by his twin sister. Palpatine is resurrected multiple times, Boba Fett is somehow still alive and Chewy is crushed to death by a Moon. It's terrible.

There already are a lot of canonical stories after ROTJ in the Expanded Universe, many of them featuring Luke, Han Leia etc.

Yeah but I doubt Disney will go as in that direction as the post-Jedi 'canon' is quite shitty. Han and Leia have twins, one of whom eventually becomes a Sith, murders Luke's wife, and then gets killed by his twin sister. Palpatine is resurrected multiple times, Boba Fett is somehow still alive and Chewy is crushed to death by a Moon. It's terrible.

As much as people complain about the prequels, I think a lot of the sequel novels are worse. Palpatine's clones coming to power and turning Luke to the dark side?

Depending on which comic you read, etc. etc. Marvel 52s and such...

Silly.

Guest RonMexico82

True. I always laughed when people used Lucas' endless tinkering as evidence that he'd never part with the series because it was his baby. The guy has ALWAYS been about the money.

I'm gonna miss George. :cry:

Anakin: "From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you... I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me."

Anakin: "You are so beautiful."

Natalie Portman: "Its only because I'm so in love."

Anakin: "No, [laughs] no, its because I'm so in love with you!"

I'm gonna miss George. :cry:

Anakin: "From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you... I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me."

Anakin: "You are so beautiful."

Natalie Portman: "Its only because I'm so in love."

Anakin: "No, [laughs] no, its because I'm so in love with you!"

:no:

At least some decent writers might get a shot at it. A further trilogy isn't surprising, that idea has been doing the rounds for years. A film every two years though? Sounds awful.

Am I the only person who'd actually like to see a film where an evil twin kills Luke's wife though? That sounds brilliant.

Edited by ADPT

Well, I'm certainly less pessimistic about the idea if Lucas won't be "writing" or directing (give it to Joss Whedon!!). Hopefully whatever specified creative control he has will be kept minimal. It's hard to imagine anything being worse than the prequels. :shrugs:

Anything like Avengers - and it'll be awesome.

Well, I'm certainly less pessimistic about the idea if Lucas won't be "writing" or directing (give it to Joss Whedon!!). Hopefully whatever specified creative control he has will be kept minimal. It's hard to imagine anything being worse than the prequels. :shrugs:

WHEDON!!!

That just takes cringeworthy to a new level. Christensen's performance was pretty laughable, but it's not like he had much to work with.

There are a lot of good stories to take from the expanded universe. Although they could go an entirely new direction. I say make more films. Shit, they are making more and more films about hobbits. Why not some Star Wars :shades:

Edited by Ghost_Guns