They're making Star Wars Ep. 7... WTF

ThomasMeadow

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously it will all be shot and presented in the same Star Wars style. I don't even know who directed the Star Wars movies. I think George did I and IV? Then hand it off to running back to scramble over the line. I think that's why Empire is the best, George was going through a divorce and wanted it to be dark and the director had the same vision.

Everything will be run past George, he might even be doing the special effects through his company.

It would be cool if they could get Ford, Chewy, Fischer, Ham.

Honestly, I don't think they could have picked anyone better to direct it. If anyone can do it right, it'll be JJ.

Based on what exactly? His career as a director has been mediocre at best. (Star Trek, Super 8 and MI3 are the only 3 features he's done.)

If you consider how many creative sci fi directors there are out there it just seems wrong to hand the keys to the two biggest sci fi franchises in film over to the same guy.

Obviously it will all be shot and presented in the same Star Wars style. I don't even know who directed the Star Wars movies. I think George did I and IV?

He directed the prequel trilogy and IV. He was nominated for the best director Oscar for IV even though he was, by all accounts, dreadful at it.

Edited by Nobodys_Fault

I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

This. I'm so fucking turned off by the idea of JJ Abrams doing it.

That said, I'll obviously still blow my money and go see it.

Disney and JJ Abrams in charge and some people still think it will be bad? I mean, seriously? Disney is fucking Disney, I don't have to mention credentials, as for Abrams... Alias, Lost, Fringe, a good Star Trek film, a food Mission Impossible film. I'm sure it will be great.

Edited by ManetsBR

You know what else is going to suck? John Williams probably won't score the film.

You're probably right. Won't be the same.

He will probably get Michael Giacchino, who I like but John Williams is the fucking man.

It can't be any worse than the prequels can it? I liked the action scenes but that was about it.

You know what else is going to suck? John Williams probably won't score the film.

He will probably get Michael Giacchino, who I like but John Williams is the fucking man.

It can't be any worse than the prequels can it? I liked the action scenes but that was about it.

At least the prequels had John Williams.

Apart from Duel of the Fates I don't think John wrote anything particularly memorable for the prequels. Same for Crystal Skull. His score for Munich, War Horse, Harry Potter and Lincoln were amazing though. I guess it isn't easy to tell an artist "just do what you did 30 years ago". It would be like telling Axl to write SCOM again.

Apart from Duel of the Fates I don't think John wrote anything particularly memorable for the prequels. Same for Crystal Skull. His score for Munich, War Horse, Harry Potter and Lincoln were amazing though. I guess it isn't easy to tell an artist "just do what you did 30 years ago". It would be like telling Axl to write SCOM again.

Battle of the Heroes from RotS.

Yeah, that was okay. I think since 1983 he has moved away from Wagner and towards Tchaikovsky.

Star Trek was good.

Yeah, but not a good Star Trek film. It just felt like another space thriller with Star Trek characters. They didn't even feel like the same characters. I know it is an alternate universe and they were all young but it just felt nothing like Star Trek.

JJ definitely gets good stuff into the shot. I think if he does Star Wars he'll just be a cog in the Star Wars machine, he'll just be told to shoot it like Star Wars and here's the script. If not, it's going to be a disaster and a lesson in how to ruin your legacy from Lucas.