Exclusive: Axl Rose Interview

Un42nutzly

Awesome interview. But yeah,my only gripes with it is it seems like he is still blaming the 3 for the dark days of his life. And though that may be true, ultimately its up to a person to let it affect him.

Interesting him saying the ball is not on his court. Maybe he is just waiting for the others to beg?

I do have some gripes though. He is still putting a lot of the blame on the old lineup.

He blames Duff/Slash for his writer's block.

He says they and Izzy brought him guitar parts and expected him to just write lyrics, and they didn't all work as a unit in studio. But honestly, Axl showed up so late after the band had been dicking around and wasting time in the studio for how long? I recall them saying he'd sometimes show up several hours late at like 3 or 4 in the morning. I'd like for once to hear him say it's his fault also.

Edit: Not to mention he pushed to record in Chicago then didn't show up for weeks.

yeah true. More finger pointing. I would like to know WHY Slash and Duff were putting him down and what the story is there. It seems like such a weird thing to say with nothing to back it up. Not sure if it was editied out for the article or what.

Edited by Chris 55

Wow, what the fuck are people going to complain about now? He is playing shows, talking to media. Giving away food. If he releases a CD in the next year or two I fear they might have to go into therapy.

I agree with the person who said he didn't like blaming the others. My only thought is, he was younger. But that does sound like a victim. I am gonna have to go right into the Joint now. I was planning on not going in till but 10 cause I have the hotel room there. But shit, I might be going in when the doors open.

Nice interview, he punked BBA etc. Hehe.

I am gonna have to go right into the Joint now. I was planning on not going in till but 10 cause I have the hotel room there. But shit, I might be going in when the doors open.

Then he will have punked you too.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I am gonna have to go right into the Joint now. I was planning on not going in till but 10 cause I have the hotel room there. But shit, I might be going in when the doors open.

Then he will have punked you too.

Ha, gonna cost me a few more beers at 10 bucks a pop. Well Played.

Interesting him saying the ball is not on his court. Maybe he is just waiting for the others to beg?

No he's just lying to look good for the media. He has said that one of them will die before a reunion, and he said that a reunion will not happen in this lifetime. He gets Beta to rebuff any attempts at contact. Axl can never take responsibility. He blames the former members, the media, the industry, his former managers, former producers, promoters, etc. Never his fault :awesomeface:

Edited by powerwave

No he's just lying to look good for the media. He has said that one of them will die before a reunion, and he said that a reunion will not happen in this lifetime. He gets Beta to rebuff any attempts at contact. Axl can never take responsibility. He blames the former members, the media, the industry, his former managers, former producers, promoters, etc. Never his fault :awesomeface:

"I know its look like Im insane, take a closer look, Im not to blame"

--- Locomotive

awesome interview. i think it is safe to say that there will be new music. many people have called other members of the band liars and such, but we just heard straight from the MAN's mouth. i've said it many times and i say it again. The new mgmt team IS doing a great job.

Fans who discount GNR as less legitimate than the original: "They can think whatever they want. I'm not interested in their opinions." I love that, who gives a shit what the haters think.

A lot of people at least partially think that because Axl has only managed to release one album in 21 years without Slash and the boys.

Some people would still think that regardless of album releases. But unfortunately you're right for the most part

But fortunately, productivity has no relevance on the legitimately of a band.

Man he really does think the world is out get him and it's the fault of everyone in his past, doesn't he?

It's cool to get an interview even though it's only cause the shows probably aren't selling that well, but he still has the mindset of a 19 year old. Disappointing and doesn't bode well for big things in the future imo.

Is this the first time Axl has confirmed they have recorded stuff.

No because he didn't really say that...That statement is likely referring to the unused tracks from CD and the other statement is quite general and probably just refers to DJ attempting to write songs. His new music stuff was all generalities and if that gets you excited for new music...He alluded to the same stuff in 1999...

Great to see Axl doing more interviews.

Should lose the blaming everybody else for everything that goes wrong thing though.

No kidding. How do you think this comes across to most people?

50 year old Axl just blamed an ex girlfriend who dumped him 20 years ago for his inability to write songs...I mean I sorta get mentioning Slash and Duff (par for the course for him) but to blame a chick who he hasn't seen in 2 decades in a national interview...Odd.