Commissioner, women’s shelter call ad for Guns N’ Roses concerts ‘inappropriate’

gunsguy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I saw that

didn't whoever put that ad together consider why the original AFD cover was banned in the first place?

I bet they did! Is that not the point though? :)

Actually, the point must be not using the more famous 'censored' AFD cross featuring the classic line-up, I guess.

lol I saw that

didn't whoever put that ad together consider why the original AFD cover was banned in the first place?

Actually, the point must be not using the more famous 'censored' AFD cross featuring the classic line-up, I guess.

They could modify it like the AFD cross on the pinball machine with Gilby, Matt and Dizzy.

Edited by Johnny Drama

lol I saw that

They could modify it like the AFD cross on the pinball machine with Gilby, Matt and Dizzy.

They'd need an asterisk for all the members they have now :tongue2:

don't get your panties in a twist over this. axl craves the controversy to generate publicity. that's whys he picked this image in the first place. that's why his original cover idea was the challenger exploding. that's why he writes songs about n-words and f-words. he likes the controversy. that's the whole point of it.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

don't get your panties in a twist over this. axl craves the controversy to generate publicity. that's whys he picked this image in the first place. that's why his original cover idea was the challenger exploding. that's why he writes songs about n-words and f-words. he likes the controversy. that's the whole point of it.

Except for the f-words (is saying "fuck" really controversial today or are you just particularly sensitive?) all of your examples are from the 80s. What has Axl done that is controversial today? Giving away free tickets? Playing charity shows? Let it go, dude. Just let it go.

Btw, the street name is only changed temporarily and will be changed back after the residency.

Edited by SoulMonster

OK... Why does this picture automatically represent sexual abuse? I dont see it as rape, I know a lot do and I get that but in the end its a waitress sitting on the ground with a robot standing over her.

...and with her panties down.

Yes I get the sexual side of what the picture depicts ... I just dont see how it automatically is viewed as rape

yeah, right... like for instance, she could have been stopping to take a dump on the side of the road, but tripped and fell. and those helpful robots are there to call for an ambulance.

stop playing dumb. i've got no problem with shocking or offensive stuff. but i do have a problem with cowards who want to use controversial stuff to generate attention and press, but don't have the stones to stand behind their own controversy when people react in exactly the way they were supposed to react. i'm all for artists being controversial. but i'm not for running from your work or weakly trying to explain it away. if you're going to go there, you've got to have intent and conviction. playing both sides reeks of cynicism and lacks artistic integrity. just my opinion.

instead of trying to argue that something designed to be controversial isn't really controversial, a real artist would double down and say you bet it's offensive, and here's why it was important for me to do...

no, fuck doesn't offend me. i meant 'hooray for tolerance!.' is it still okay for people to consider that offensive? or have you decided that people no longer have the right to be offended by that too?

but yeah, the only controversy axl really generates these days is when he shows up bloated and off key and embarrasses the band and the fans. if it was part of some elaborate performance piece, i'd totally be down for it.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

no, fuck doesn't offend me. i meant 'hooray for tolerance!.' is it still okay for people to consider that offensive? or have you decided that people no longer have the right to be offended by that too?

I have no idea what you are talking about :D. What word is it that Axl has used lately that is so controversial (and hidden under that enigmatic "f-words" expression)?

Yes I get the sexual side of what the picture depicts ... I just dont see how it automatically is viewed as rape

Me neither to be honest. It could just be a crazy night in Vegas with a hot robot... and we don't even know if the robot is a male robot or a female robot. :shrugs:

Well, if it has a plug then it's male, if it has a socket then it's not. Can you see a plug?

Me neither to be honest. It could just be a crazy night in Vegas with a hot robot... and we don't even know if the robot is a male robot or a female robot. :shrugs:

Well, if it has a plug then it's male, if it has a socket then it's not. Can you see a plug?

Girls party then?

Girls party then?

That might be so. But I'm inclined to think that the poor unemployed robolady in rags is an undercover vice squad officer. You just don't pass out for no reason sitting with your pants down in a public place. Edited by Scumcat Esq.

What about the children? Children should cover their eyes indeed. The children are my #1 concern. They are our future.

Since when is the most dangerous band in the world that you love ever been politically correct?

Shut up

Eh, I wouldn't call the new band dangerous.

What about the children? Children should cover their eyes indeed. The children are my #1 concern. They are our future.

Since when is the most dangerous band in the world that you love ever been politically correct?

Shut up

No one would. So, consequently, that ad makes no sense.

Shut up

Dangerous whenever there is a burger shop nearby maybe.