Bumblefoot hints at something!

tsunta

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a secret that Bumblefoot has been unhappy for some time. He's made comments like this in the past. I wonder what's keeping him in the band if he's so unhappy.

My guess is he signed something at some point. Maybe there is no exit for the time being.

I don't think it's a secret that Bumblefoot has been unhappy for some time. He's made comments like this in the past. I wonder what's keeping him in the band if he's so unhappy.

My guess is he signed something at some point. Maybe there is no exit for the time being.

Maybe at times he's trying to get fired 'cause he can't just quit the band?

There are easier ways to get fired, just invite Slash to join on stage and that's that. :tongue2:

Aside from maybe health or personal problems, I don't see the point for complaining so much in public. He's playing to appreciative audiences in a band full of talented musicians fronted by one of the greatest singers ever. As a guitarist I think you could do much worse than that. If it's an artistic thing then what keeps him from doing something he's more into on the side? Buckethead released tons of solo albums while he was in Guns and I never heard him complain about the band in public ever.

I'm willing to cut someone in stress or pain some serious slack but sometimes he just comes across like a real drama queen. If he hates playing in a rock band so much then how about switching to a factory working poor job for a change and putting things into perspective for a bit. If he wants out there are plenty of guitarists out there who do not constantly complain about their boss, fans and co-workers. I'd much rather hear him talk about MUSIC, plans and visions, even if he can't realise them all in Guns, it would make him more intresting as an artist.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Beautiful! Hope you all enjoyed the @flebeis #Halloween show last night!! :)

What is that about? Does Bumblefoot mean that Team Brazil, specifically Fernando, now dictate the nature of a GN’R show?

Perhaps it was a suggestion of Fernando’s that led to Ron’s supposed (and very public) tirade outside rehearsals?

I don't think he's unhappy in general with the band, just unhappy about how some things in the band work. He's used to being an independent artist and defining his own terms, whereas in a band setting you essentially have a multi-sided marriage with different ideas and viewpoints coming from all directions. He probably likes playing and working with DJ, Richard, and the other guys, but then when business stuff gets in the way he gets pissed off, or if things aren't going as he'd like. It's a weighing the positives and negatives kind of situation. Some people can only deal with band bullshit for so long, Bumblefoot is just vocal and vents about it. If he has one bad day/show out of seven (for example), it's probably not enough to make him want to quit the band if it's doing what he loves.

In this case, obviously he didn't like whatever this "pop" stage prop was, voiced his opinion by refusing to go on stage with it, and until it was dropped vented and said he was going to quit. People say stuff like that when they're pissed. Over exaggerating Perhaps, but it doesn't mean he's unhappy all the time.

https://twitter.com/...198942332440576

Beautiful! Hope you all enjoyed the @flebeis #Halloween show last night!! :)http://instagr.am/p/RgtWIikX7D/

What is that about? Does Bumblefoot mean that Team Brazil, specifically Fernando, now dictate the nature of a GN’R show?

Perhaps it was a suggestion of Fernando’s that led to Ron’s supposed (and very public) tirade outside rehearsals?

I think you're reading too much into it.. Looks like he used the wrong tag. If you look at the same text under the picture, it says @gunsnroses instead of @flebeis.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think you're reading too much into it.. Looks like he used the wrong tag. If you look at the same text under the picture, it says @gunsnroses instead of @flebeis.

Nice observation. I did, indeed, read too much into it. I hope the Bumblefoot/TB relationship is fine. Both are necessary elements to GN’R’s continued success. :)

First off, how believable is it that every member (besides axl) came out ONE BY ONE and took a picture with him, this one person. Second, none of the people in the band are pop musicians, so I doubt a pop album is in the works, aside from maybe 1 or 2 songs like maddy and itw. AND, chances are, if they were waiting, other people were. Unless the other people were deaf, why didn't anyone else hear it?

First off, how believable is it that every member (besides axl) came out ONE BY ONE and took a picture with him, this one person. Second, none of the people in the band are pop musicians, so I doubt a pop album is in the works, aside from maybe 1 or 2 songs like maddy and itw. AND, chances are, if they were waiting, other people were. Unless the other people were deaf, why didn't anyone else hear it?

if you read the thread it was confirmed more of a question of what happened not if it happened

bumble is a dramaqueen

This.

Bumble should just play the guitar & shut up!

Exactly. How dare a grown man be allowed to talk about his band.

All the band members should be forced to sign a contract that prevents them from speaking out the band. Only Axl and Fernando should be allowed to chat about GnR.

Aside from maybe health or personal problems, I don't see the point for complaining so much in public. He's playing to appreciative audiences in a band full of talented musicians fronted by one of the greatest singers ever. As a guitarist I think you could do much worse than that. If it's an artistic thing then what keeps him from doing something he's more into on the side? Buckethead released tons of solo albums while he was in Guns and I never heard him complain about the band in public ever.

I'm willing to cut someone in stress or pain some serious slack but sometimes he just comes across like a real drama queen. If he hates playing in a rock band so much then how about switching to a factory working poor job for a change and putting things into perspective for a bit. If he wants out there are plenty of guitarists out there who do not constantly complain about their boss, fans and co-workers.

I have to agree with you. Bumblefoot seems very clued in to what is being said in the fan world online and off and there is no way that he doesnt understand by now that when he "blows off steam" and "vents" with casual throwaway comments, there's a good chance it will balloon into some major topic of discussion and precipitate speculation about his imminent departure or how conditions in GN'R resemble some kind of slave labour camp where people with "integrity" are just biting their tongue and living against their conscience. A few days or hours later he turns around and says hey, its no biggie, I'm staying, its all okay. If it is then why did you make little cutesy remarks then?

Infact he seems to use his awareness of fan sentiments to assume the role of "man of the people", playing to the gallery about how he stands up to Axl etc. If he does do it, good for him and the band that he speaks his mind before Axl. But glib little comments on the internet and to fans instead seem designed to show him in a positive light at the expense of Axl, the band and the management.

For those who like to believe that BBF is speaking for others within the band who might feel the same way, Tommy hasnt been shy of offering criticism when he feels like it and I would imagine that the other guys would like to retain the right to speak for themselves and not have unnecessary negativity clouding things specially considering how embittered and prone to dramatic exaggeration many GN'R fans are.

Edited by rabia

Axl should probably replace Bumblefoot after this tour with somebody who can actually write good songs. I can't imagine Axl ever singing something like So Glad To Be Here.

Why? Say he does so, the new guy will write 20 new songs that never get released.

Disliked this dude since day one.

He is actually a very nice guy and can play guitar better than anyone in the band currently. However his ambitions with the band are probably not in cohesion with Axl's. I hate to say it, but he has cried wolf a few too many times now, even not taking this incident into regard(which is hearsay at the moment). Simply put, don't like it? Leave. You knew you were not going to be an equal partner when you signed up.