The Linguini Occurrence

Guest Len B'stard

He's just a crap Iggy Pop. Who by the way, is older and still more energetic that Keidis was on his best day. Having said that i do love the Chili Peppers, great fuckin' band, very original and passionate people with extremely good taste in music and great influences and...i dunno, it just all came together brilliantly with those guys, one of the most important bands of their era.

He does remind me of Iggy Pop, in terms of his physical appearance. He's kind of short and buff, solid build, but that doesn't really mean he's some kind of Jack LaLanne. I think he'd look like that even if he were still shooting up heroin - when you're jumping around on stage like he does, it's gonna keep you fit.

Guest Len B'stard

The old myth of the drug addled rockstar is bullshit, they ain't been like that since the 70s ended and even then it was only a handful that were really like that, they've been health freaks for ages now, bar a few exceptions, part of why their whole glamourising of certain drugs is fucked up cuz, y'know, they can afford fuckin' rehabs etc etc etc whereas your street level crackhead just dies before he's 40, i don't reckon Keith Richards has some amazing constitution, he can just afford to eat and live good.

He does remind me of Iggy Pop, in terms of his physical appearance. He's kind of short and buff, solid build, but that doesn't really mean he's some kind of Jack LaLanne. I think he'd look like that even if he were still shooting up heroin - when you're jumping around on stage like he does, it's gonna keep you fit.

Not only that but his kind of stream of conciousness scat rap style of writing is very very Iggy influenced, his vocal style and voice are very Iggy influenced. Even his dancing is kinda like a...more well defined version of Iggys particular spazz out form of dancing. Iggy apparently writes all of his lyrics on the spot in the studio while he's listening to the shit, i find that fascinating as well as hard to believe. I mean songs like Blah Blah Blah, they kinda do feel unrehearsed but at the same time there's just too much to them contentwise for them to be totally off the cuff. And Keidises style is like that too.

Edited by sugaraylen