For the next album...more of this please! [Richard Fortus Solo Video]

sascha

That sound, that vibe, it's....awesome!!! Sounds like he's channeling Buckethead, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck all at once, love it.

Watching that clip makes me think do they really NEED three guitars all the time? The guitars come out so much better when not burried in the big band arrangements. If they really work on a new album I would love to hear something like that on there, so vintage and full of energy.

Hands down my favourite guitarist in the current version of Guns.

How about you? More Fortus and his style/sound on the next album or not?

Edited by sascha

Could not agree more, this guy is seriously talented. And is definitely more blusey than Bumble, which is a sound which I feel fits the GNR heritage more than shredding the shit out of pentatonics. And I won't even make a comparison to Ashba, he is quite simply the worst guitarist that has ever played in GNR. In my humble opinion of course.

Richard ist great. Very good guitarplayer, nice person talking to and hopefully he's a good songwriter. ;) Seriously, really curious how big his contributions for the upcoming songs are, or how many songs he was involved writing to during the CD sessions.

He probably is interested in gear more than the other guys seeing as he is playing a guitar with a reversed neck pickup (aka Peter Green mod) through a modified 1959.

I read somewhere that he is using (probably among other amps) the Marshall that Mick Mars from Motley used to use.

One of my biggest disappointments with Chinese Democracy was that Richard wasn't featured more on it. He barely plays a note on the album even though he had been in the band for six years by the time it came out. He's a hell of a guitar player and pretty creative so they'd be wise to use him more. Great style and great feel, kind of has that Izzy vibe but a bit heavier. When Robin quit I was initially hoping that they'd just get another rhythm player and let Fortus take over on lead. It amazes me that Richard only plays a couple solos live.

There are obviously guitarists that I enjoy more than him ( simply because other than the Compulsions, Honky Toast and the Psychedelic Furs there he mainly plays on other people's material ) but he's clearly the one guy I look up to when it comes to being a live guitarist. He has the chops, the tone, the attitude, the looks, and I absolutely LOVE his gear.

Regarding his playing, I feel that he has the perfect balance between soul and technique. Wish he was more of a songwriter than a session/touring guitarist ( and I don't mean that in a bad way, unlike a lot of people here ) because I feel his playing is tasteful enough for him to be really successful with his own material/band.

Once again, the guy has a brilliant career as a studio musician so if that's what he likes most, more power to him.

Currently, the best guitar player in GN'R!!!

This, the man handles the Classic GN'R vibe, aswell as enhancing the both Newer and older material, all while putting on an incredible stage show. Masterful.

Edited by SMG

So insightful hearing the story behind better. I never had a prob with robins rythm work

Didnt richard say that after bucket left him n robin rehearsed and split the parts between em? Richard was my fav in gnr for doin slash solos before.. y he never got a lot more parts when bucket and robin left I donno.

Both him and bumble change slash leads sometimes but richard does it in a way that makes more sense to the music. The most underated member of the band right here next to pittman

Aside from his annoying constant pounding on his guitar, he's the best fit for a gnr guitarist. He should've been the lead guitarist since the beginning of new guns n roses, Axl could've found a rythme guitarist easily I think. That's it, just 2 guitars... but Axl screwed up as usual.

Aside from his annoying constant pounding on his guitar, he's the best fit for a gnr guitarist. He should've been the lead guitarist since the beginning of new guns n roses, Axl could've found a rythme guitarist easily I think. That's it, just 2 guitars... but Axl screwed up as usual.

Richard was actually sopposed to be the lead guitarist in Guns before Buckethead joined the band. Richard joined later on when Buckethead was already on board and Paul wasn't an option anymore.

Richard was actually sopposed to be the lead guitarist in Guns before Buckethead joined the band. Richard joined later on when Buckethead was already on board and Paul wasn't an option anymore.

Buckethead should've never been in gnr. Who in his right mind would hire a guy like Buckethead in a hard rock band anyway? Oh.... right..

Buckethead should've never been in gnr. Who in his right mind would hire a guy like Buckethead in a hard rock band anyway? Oh.... right..

Buckethead is much more intresting as a solo artist, but Ozzy Osbourne and Red Hot Chili Peppers also wanted to work with him at some point. But Richard is just more rock and roll and a much better fit to Guns.

That sound, that vibe, it's....awesome!!! Sounds like he's channeling Buckethead, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck all at once, love it.

Watching that clip makes me think do they really NEED three guitars all the time? The guitars come out so much better when not burried in the big band arrangements. If they really work on a new album I would love to hear something like that on there, so vintage and full of energy.

Hands down my favourite guitarist in the current version of Guns.

How about you? More Fortus and his style/sound on the next album or not?

Totally agreed with you, OP

This is the first thing that came to my mind, when i hear the new 4tus solo from the Ireland show.

4tus is more GNR than anybody from this band (excluding Axl ofc)

Besides, he seems to be a pretty humble, nice guy irl.

Love how he turns into that really energetic performer once the lights turn out.

I find that inspiring because you can easily tell how dedicated he actually is to his craft. Axl is really lucky to have him, I just wish he would use him more...