Vegas Setlist(s) General Discussion Thread

Stro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't lie, after seeing the set list I have no interest in going.

It's a cool show but I've seen it 5 times already

Right.

The only reason I saw a show last year is because seeing "Estranged" live was on my bucket list.

Short of a reunion or Axl's voice making a dramatic recovery to 2010 levels, I'm not seeing them live again.

It's tempting to say the set list is disappointing, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since it's the first show and things could easily pick up. All the same, each show could end up being exactly the same. Hard to say at this point, so I'm eagar to see how the next few go. Can't check out any of the videos right now since I'm at school but I'll do that tonight to hear how Axl's voice is.

Is the set list any different tonight?

We don't know because it hasn't happened yet. And probably not. Maybe a different cover song.

With a normal band, I'd assume they'd HAVE to change the setlist at some point. 12 shows in the same city with the same setlist sounds like one of the worst ideas they could have. But it IS GN'R, so I wouldn't rule it out.

We don't know because it hasn't happened yet. And probably not. Maybe a different cover song.

With a normal band, I'd assume they'd HAVE to change the setlist at some point. 12 shows in the same city with the same setlist sounds like one of the worst ideas they could have. But it IS GN'R, so I wouldn't rule it out.

If they are catering to locals then it is a bad idea. If they are catering to tourist it is a fantastic idea!

If they are catering to locals then it is a bad idea. If they are catering to tourist it is a fantastic idea!

if they're playing shows for the live audience, they're totally fine to have the same set list every fuckin' night, since only the most deranged stalker would go to every night of a month long residency. they can't build their career around appeasing that one guy. or for that matter, the 30 people who show that freakish, slavish dedication by watching every bootleg and reading every set list. you guys are anomalies - not representative of normal fans. despite fan boy fantasies, the money contributed to gnr inc. by the people on these forums is a drop in the ocean. it doesn't matter if you're tired of hearing paradise city. it doesn't matter if you think oh my god could totally have been a hit with better reverb in the mix.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

if they're playing shows for the live audience, they're totally fine to have the same set list every fuckin' night, since only the most deranged stalker would go to every night of a month long residency. they can't build their career around appeasing that one guy. or for that matter, the 30 people who show that freakish, slavish dedication by watching every bootleg and reading every set list. you guys are anomalies - not representative of normal fans. despite fan boy fantasies, the money contributed to gnr inc. by the people on these forums is a drop in the ocean. it doesn't matter if you're tired of hearing paradise city. it doesn't matter if you think oh my god could totally have been a hit with better reverb in the mix.

You are right and not right. I think it does matter.

I'm hardcore and I want to hear the hits as much as I'd like to hear say Catcher or Breakdown and though you can't please everyone every night, I don't see how one rules out the other? Please don't give me that "they play for the people who are there that night" argument because if you go on the internet and see them playing the same set every night, the urge for getting tickets to see them in person goes down, as at one point you've probably seen that show twice and then some already, hardcore or not.

If they always play only the hits, the very mainstream audience they are catering to with that will always want Slash and in that never really appreciate what the current band has to offer. To those it will always be the next best thing as close at it gets, not the "real thing". That's sad but it's a fact even the most loyal nutswingers can't deny.

And on the other hand, if they play to those very hardcore fans of the "new" band, those people will always want more. They will want Buckethead, they want The General, they want acoustic sets and a personal guitar lesson from Ron. You name it. But is it really such a burden to have hardcore fans or is it more of a gift they have fought and worked very hard for? Hardcore implies passion and dedication, I oppose to be refered to as some 2nd grade internet freak fan just because I can't afford to see every single concert in person. I'm a lot more into the band than those who still whine about Slash and are perfectly satified with partying to the greatest hits performed by what they call a cover band. To me it's a lot more than that, so I demand the right to want more without being pushed into the corner of false entitlement. I've seen that on the boards everytime whenever the setlist is being discussed and it's just wrong.

To me it makes perfect sense to play Sweet Child, November Rain and stuff every single show. And it doesn't bother me the least if I don't get to hear Catcher or Breakdown ever. What pisses me off is that they play the same songs in exact the same way and sequence almost every night. No alternative arrangements, no memorable "only at MY show" gems, nothing. Every concert is more or less exactly the same, the only difference is Axl's voice ranging from utter crap on a bad day to the best rock voice in the planet on good days.

They don't have to play Coma every night, but adding at least one or two roation slots to the set and not always playing the same sequence could spice up things dramatically already. They don't have to re-invent the wheel, they just have to be a bit more "tight but lose". Occassinal guests, bringing back Estranged or doing something like the Neil Young cover are good enough for me but that ever same Jungle/Easy/Brownstone sequence just doesn't even get me off my seat anymore when unlike the average "where's Slash?" mainstream fan I know the band has so much more to offer.

We might get Rosie tonight!

I assume you are being sarcastic

Why is that so far-fetched? They played it only 4 shows ago...

Its not far fetched at all, i would just wish for something else besides a cover

Why the fuck they can't play, TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute, Oh My God, Scraped, I.R.S., Goin' Down, etc? One of these songs already would make me happy.

Hoping for something different tonight.

I feel exactly the same way, thats why when this post was started hoping for "Rosie" who cares about that song, i wanna here songs that they dont play, like twat, prost, irs, etc...shit that we want to hear.

same shit different day

/thread

Hopefully we got some more AFD songs

Why would you want that?