Vegas Setlist(s) General Discussion Thread

Stro

I personally have no issue with the set lists they've performed so far but I really don't think there needs to be any large argument over who (DJ/Dizzy/Ron, etc) said what in an interview about the set list. One need only read the official press release itself:

"Each night, the band will perform an electrifying show featuring a set list created exclusively for The Joint"

So again, I personally don't mind the sets as they are but GN'R did claim that this would be a different set that was created specifically for these shows so that kind of opens the door for "set list complainers" to have something to complain about.

Edited by russtcb

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have no issue with the set lists they've performed so far but I really don't think there needs to be any large argument over who (DJ/Dizzy/Ron, etc) said what in an interview about the set list. One need only read the official press release itself:

"Each night, the band will perform an electrifying show featuring a set list created exclusively for The Joint"

So again, I personally don't mind the sets as they are but GN'R did claim that this would be a different set that was created specifically for these shows so that kind of opens the door for "set list complainers" to have something to complain about.

Aka the point I was trying to make in the thread for last nights show. They don't need to perform any "new" songs, just perform something different from the catalogue.

Tonight's setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Richard Solo

Live And Let Die Cover

This I Love

Better

Tommy Solo

Band Introductions

Dizzy Solo Cover

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick In The Wall Cover

November Rain

Ron Solo

Don't Cry

Don't Let It Bring You Down Cover

Civil War

Riff Raff Cover

Knockin' On Heaven's Door Cover

Nightrain

Patience

Paradise City

One more cover, one more AFD song and maybe one more from CD (except Catcher, TWAT or Prostitute of course) are possible though. It all depends, they are very spontanious and never play the same setlist, actually they don't even have a setlist. Sometimes they even change arrangements so the set songs all sound a bit different and fresh on every tour. And don't worry, they will not play any of the other 25 UYI songs that haven't been performed since 19fuckin93, instead you will get lots of pyros, a flying piano and an avantgarde Led Zeppelin cover without guitars and vocals and perhaps the best Neil Young impersonation ever. And yes, the singer hiding under a hat and sunglasses for the enire show is actually Axl Rose.

Tonight's setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Richard Solo

Live And Let Die Cover

This I Love

Better

Tommy Solo

Band Introductions

Dizzy Solo Cover

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick In The Wall Cover

November Rain

Ron Solo

Don't Cry

Don't Let It Bring You Down Cover

Civil War

Riff Raff Cover

Knockin' On Heaven's Door Cover

Nightrain

Patience

Paradise City

One more cover, one more AFD song and maybe one more from CD (except Catcher, TWAT or Prostitute of course) are possible though. It all depends, they are very spontanious and never play the same setlist, actually they don't even have a setlist. Sometimes they even change arrangements so the set songs all sound a bit different and fresh on every tour. And don't worry, they will not play any of the other 25 UYI songs that haven't been performed since 19fuckin93, instead you will get lots of pyros, a flying piano and an avantgarde Led Zeppelin cover without guitars and vocals and perhaps the best Neil Young impersonation ever. And yes, the singer hiding under a hat and sunglasses for the enire show is actually Axl Rose.

Amazing. I think that you're the first moron I've ever seen whine about the set list of a show that hasn't happened yet. It's even better that you'll be here all night to whine about it to anybody that will brother to pay attention to you. I'd call anybody else pathetic, but you're far beyond that.