Do we all agree on one thing about the next album?

Screamin' Demon

After all these years, do we as fans all agree that we just want a proper rock album? This is not the Buckethead, Robin Finck & Brain era anymore. This is now a DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot & Richard Fortus dominated era who are all very well capable of creating good rock songs, as we've seen them throughout either their solo work, or their solos on stage etc. Frank too is more rock oriented than Brain so this time there is no reason for the next album not to sound like a proper rock abum that people can enjoy listening to. Even if Axl decided to make more complex in depth stuff, it would still have a hard rock sound to it with all these guys on board.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

When they enter the studio all I want is Richard Fortus playing 90% of the guitars, Tommy Stinson contributing to songwriting, Ron doing shitloads of weed so that he plays some actual MUSIC instead of 3000 notes per second and DJ Ashba taking a loooooooooooooooong vacation on the other side of the planet far away from the studio. That plus Axl listening to his heartland albums instead of the flavour of the day crap and throwing Pro Tools out of the window, letting the music breathe.

I agree, I see this next album being very appetite for destruction like in terms of being a simple rock sounding album, which is exactly what I want. Sure, a little experimentation would be fine, and will probably happen, but nothing like CD. These are rock musicians, they are going to create a great rock album. I liked CD with the exception of ITW and TIL, but think that they would be better off releasing an appetite for destruction like album.

Edited by liers

It'd be interesting if say, they left songs that Bucket and Finck did alone, but had their own sort of industrial edge. Like, let Fortus and DJ lay something out, have Ron add something and then hand it over to Brain and Pitman. Songs in the style of Shackler's and OMG would be awesome. Musically, If The World is great. I think it'd be cool to have an album of experimental songs like that rather than an album of rockers like CD and Better.

Interesting thing to say, my fav album from GN'R untils now its Chinese Democracy, and of course I love AFD & UYI but I think the next album will be different from the old ones (Including CD). How it will sound? I don't know but I bet it won't be the same, Axl will reinvent himself again thats for sure, and I just want to know what hes going to do now with this current line-up

Guest RonMexico82

The biggest mistake Axl made with this new band is bringing Bucket and Bumble onboard, and the group of internet guitar nerds that followed.

I want an electronica/industrial album.

I'd be really intrigued to hear the more experimental stuff that they reportedly worked on in the Bucket/Finck/Brain era.

As cool as it would be to hear a good rock n roll record from the guys now I'd really like to hear what they were working towards from that era.

I agree. I would definately like it to be more rock oriented and a little simpler. I love CD, but think they should take a step back towards what originally worked. I did not like the direction he was heading in the late 90's with the industrial OMG sound. I would still love to see all the leftovers released in a box set of some sort, but I think this line up is very capable of creating a great rock record.

Id like there not.to.be.chimes.xylohones.bells and a moog drowning.out a.good.guitar lick

R.those birds in the beginnin of twat and.an african gong I dont even kno. Chirp

I think cd 2 is taking so long bc axls studio looks like that scene in walk hard w dewey cox

I think there's definitely a medium. There's a market for great, accessible rock songs, that could be a little more intricate and detailed. But I think that's the nature of the beast. Listening to the CD mulit-tracks really opened my eyes to Axl's musical direction. I mean, there's so much there that you can't even begin to hear, and just the background orchestrations and effects in songs like 'Prostitute' and 'This I Love' sound like incredibly deep and complicated epic movie scores. But there's also such a thing as overthinking everything. I think the rock songs on the album are fairly accessible. They may not have super catchy hooks and choruses, but you listen to a song like 'Better', it's easy on the ears and you can listen to and bob your head to it...

I think there's definitely a medium. There's a market for great, accessible rock songs, that could be a little more intricate and detailed. But I think that's the nature of the beast. Listening to the CD mulit-tracks really opened my eyes to Axl's musical direction. I mean, there's so much there that you can't even begin to hear, and just the background orchestrations and effects in songs like 'Prostitute' and 'This I Love' sound like incredibly deep and complicated epic movie scores. But there's also such a thing as overthinking everything. I think the rock songs on the album are fairly accessible. They may not have super catchy hooks and choruses, but you listen to a song like 'Better', it's easy on the ears and you can listen to and bob your head to it...

Try and play "Prostitute" on acoustic guitar, that experience will instantly sum up everything that is wrong about Chinese Democracy. I love this song as it is but unlike all the "classic" songs you just couldn't sing or play it at the campfire, speaks volumes about how it was created and why it doesn't work in a live setting. Aside from "There Was A Time" that applies to pretty much any song on the record. It's good music, but when you need an orchestra and Pro Tools to get the point across it's not rock music.