Is The Lost Boys the best film of all time?

Guest Iron Fist SS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

OR...perhaps its not even meant to be looked at in those terms? Of betters and worses i mean. In the modern age artistic endeavour is led by commerce but if you think about it, betters, worses, number 1,2,3,4,5, these concepts are kind of contrary to the notion of what art is supposed to be, it's a form of expression, there really isn't any competition to it, it's sort of like going to an AA meeting and like, grading each person based on their tale, it's not what they're there for.

But it is...probably why so much of it is naff nowadays.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Bullshit. Some films are better than others, it's not subjective at all.

If you tell me that you think that Kindergarden Cop is the best film of all time, I can tell you that you're wrong. It's a fact that it isn't.

The Lost Boys is on the other hand great. It's a classic with great plot and soundtrack. I think it is the best film, we could close this thread really, there isn't anything to discuss any more, I've made up my mind.

Guest Len B'stard

Bullshit. Some films are better than others, it's not subjective at all.

If you tell me that you think that Kindergarden Cop is the best film of all time, I can tell you that you're wrong. It's a fact that it isn't.

The Lost Boys is on the other hand great. It's a classic with great plot and soundtrack. I think it is the best film, we could close this thread really, there isn't anything to discuss any more, I've made up my mind.

OK well on what basis do you judge these things? What are the rules by which you discern one movie is better than another? And how and under whoose auspices are these rules settled upon?

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

If I like it it's good. If I don't like it it isn't.

So the person watching decides? Well see there you go, it is subjective then, isn't it? Thats the very definition of subjective. Unless you mean you decide for the entire world and if that is the case, i wish you'd inform the rest of us, perhaps by post or email or something, it'll settle a lot of pointless arguments and discussions all across the world :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen