Why does Axl hate Slash more than Izzy, Duff and Steven?

Vincent Vega

Perhaps, just maybe, Axl realizes that any reunion will be anti-climactic (which it would be) with the potential to fall on it's face and realizes that by keeping this feud w Slash, he can avoid that situation. As much as I appreciate and love both their contributions to GNR's catalogue, a reunion would see a past his prime Axl having to do an about face on all his CD era band and play with people (esp Slash) who he's written off repeatedly.

We all know deep in our hearts and minds that a reunion at this stage is nothing more than a nostalgia trip. In 2002 maybe, there could still have been some valid musical collaboration with classic GNR members, but now, really? Slash is an incredible guitarist with his own band and is an iconic figure in the music world, having surpassed Axl in terms of recognition. Axl has assembled a HUGE band, and spent over a decade making one album. On what common creative ground could they meet? Do a concert together? As what? GNR? Axl would never allow Slash to be part of GNR again.

It was great. It's over. I enjoy some of their post Guns musical output, but for me that chemistry that fueled the music is over, "never to return"

I would love to be proven wrong, FWIW.

It was great. It's over. I enjoy some of their post Guns musical output, but for me that chemistry that fueled the music is over, "never to return"

I would love to be proven wrong, FWIW.

Thats exactly how I feel, and nicely put into words. That chemistry is gone, and now more than ever (whether you like it or not), its Axl's band. Thats not how it used to be, and its something I don't absolutely agree with. I think the new band is great, and its not a knock to them, but its not the collaborative band that put out Appetite, Lies, and the UYIs.

I also feel a reunion is definitely out because Axl will be judged to sing so much better than he currently does, and he simply just can't do that in his older age. If he could still sing (which no one would expect him) I think it would be more favorable. But you know if they were to reunite and play a show, Axl would be the one to most likely take the most criticism for his voice not holding up, and I'm sure its not worth that.