Billboard 200: GH Re-entered Top #100

cesaroma

Out of curiosity, where is Chinese Democracy?

Out of stock at Bestbuy since last year can be ordered from Japan.

http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

Check your local Dollar Tree (assuming you live in America). I just saw CD there a few weeks ago. That's what best buy did with them after failing to practically give the album away. Most of them still had the Best Buy price sticker still on them, lol.

Without fail, the anti-Axl brigade shows up to posture and put some spin on things.

CD sold 3 million albums, before the price drop. Whoops. How much did Libertad sell again? Hahahaha

Oh calm the fuck down. First off, we're talking about the price drop in America. In which Best Buy bought 1.6 million copies upfront, and then couldn't even sell half of them, even after the price drop; which is why it ended up here; 6421434_f260.jpg with best buy stickers still intact . No hate, it just was what it was. :shrugs:

Yeah, yeah, yeah it sold about 3.5 million worldwide based on the best estimates. Let's pretend that wasn't mostly based on the insane amount of hype, anticipation, and mystique the album had for years. But the bottom line is it failed when it came to catching interest, having the audience begging for more. And that's important when it comes to the next album, if, God willing, there's ever another one. So it will be really interesting to see what happens if Axl ever releases another "GNR" album without Slash and friends. So much so, I'd be willing to bet you a hundred bucks that if the nex...oh wait... :lol:

Edited by Bobbo

Without fail, the anti-Axl brigade shows up to posture and put some spin on things.

CD sold 3 million albums, before the price drop. Whoops. How much did Libertad sell again? Hahahaha

Oh calm the fuck down. First off, we're talking about the price drop in America. In which Best Buy bought 1.6 million copies, and then couldn't even sell half of, even after the price drop; which is why it ended up here; 6421434_f260.jpg with best buy stickers still intact .

Yeah, yeah, yeah it sold about 3.5 million worldwide based on the best estimates. Let's pretend that wasn't based on the insane amount of hype, anticipation, and mystique the album had for years. But the bottom line is it failed when it came to catching interest, having the audience begging for more. And that's important when it comes to the next album, if, God willing, there's ever another one. So it will be really interesting to see what happens if Axl ever releases another "GNR" album without Slash and friends. So much so, I'd be willing to bet you a hundred bucks that if the nex...oh wait... :lol:

Wipe the spit off of your monitor.

Oh calm the fuck down. First off, we're talking about the price drop in America. In which Best Buy bought 1.6 million copies, and then couldn't even sell half of, even after the price drop; which is why it ended up here; 6421434_f260.jpg with best buy stickers still intact .

Yeah, yeah, yeah it sold about 3.5 million worldwide based on the best estimates. Let's pretend that wasn't based on the insane amount of hype, anticipation, and mystique the album had for years. But the bottom line is it failed when it came to catching interest, having the audience begging for more. And that's important when it comes to the next album, if, God willing, there's ever another one. So it will be really interesting to see what happens if Axl ever releases another "GNR" album without Slash and friends. So much so, I'd be willing to bet you a hundred bucks that if the nex...oh wait... :lol:

Wipe the spit off of your monitor.

Only I'm not the one who came in here expecting heads to roll, was I? :jerkoff:

Sorry the truth stings. Just wanted to avoid the whole "PROVEZ ITZ DIXX!!" debacle afterwards. My time is very limited these days.

Out of curiosity, where is Chinese Democracy?

Under the [relatively] new Billboard rules (recently changed thanks to Lady Gaga), Chinese Democracy will never chart again. Amazon sold Gaga's CD for $.99, enabling her to achieve record-breaking sales, so now a CD has be sold at a minimum price to count toward sales. Since CD is being sold at Dollar Tree, it won't count toward its official sales.

Wait, what were the sales for Slash's most recent album again? I'll gladly take any bet that you can think of that if Axl ever decides to release another album that it will sell more than that. Deal Bobbo?

Yeah, let's totally ignore the fact Slash has already reached a level of success through new material that Axl, both commercially, and throughout the entire industry was never able to match. But anyways, moving on. We were talking about Libertad, it's a bet me and Brain have had going on for a while. Because Axl still carries the huge weight of the "GNR" name, that will always milk some record sales, so yeah it will likely outdo Apocalyptic Love, I'll agree with that much. But I'd be willing to bet it won't sell anything more than Slash's solo debut unless it blows the GP's minds somehow. Deal?

Edited by Bobbo

Oh calm the fuck down. First off, we're talking about the price drop in America. In which Best Buy bought 1.6 million copies upfront, and then couldn't even sell half of them, even after the price drop; which is why it ended up here; 6421434_f260.jpg with best buy stickers still intact . No hate, it just was what it was. :shrugs:

Yeah, yeah, yeah it sold about 3.5 million worldwide based on the best estimates. Let's pretend that wasn't mostly based on the insane amount of hype, anticipation, and mystique the album had for years. But the bottom line is it failed when it came to catching interest, having the audience begging for more. And that's important when it comes to the next album, if, God willing, there's ever another one. So it will be really interesting to see what happens if Axl ever releases another "GNR" album without Slash and friends. So much so, I'd be willing to bet you a hundred bucks that if the nex...oh wait... :lol:

Remember how I said "anticipation" doesn't last that long? Here's a perfect modern example: Nelly Furtado. After having a HUGE era with her album Loose, her next English album came out six years later. Its opening week (coming off a MONSTROUS era in 2006), The Spirit Indestructible sold 6k copies. The public had moved on. After six years, the public had already moved on.

While Nelly was not nearly as huge of an artist as GN'R was in both their respective peaks, remember there was a seventeen-year break from original material for GN'R. I still think it's a miracle it sold as much as it did. The public is really fickle, believe it or not.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Bobbo-

I'll gladly take the libertad bet too. I don't know where this assumption that Guns is any bigger of a brand than Slash is, is coming from. Every single person that was around for that period in time knew who both of them, along with Axl was. But names whatever, it is the way it is and no amount of excuses will change it; so yeah, I'll take the libertad bet.

Remember how I said "anticipation" doesn't last that long? Here's a perfect modern example: Nelly Furtado. After having a HUGE era with her album Loose, her next English album came out six years later. Its opening week (coming off a MONSTROUS era in 2006), The Spirit Indestructible sold 6k copies. The public had moved on. After six years, the public had already moved on.

While Nelly was not nearly as huge of an artist as GN'R was in both their respective peaks, remember there was a seventeen-year break from original material for GN'R. I still think it's a miracle it sold as much as it did. The public is really fickle, believe it or not.

Still, that was apples and oranges compared to this scenario. The amount of hype and anticipation was unlike any the industry has seen before. It was always going to sell a significant amount of copies no matter what. The rest was up to the actual music. And based on the commentary by average joe, and the fact that we all know Axl could stop playing CD stuff at shows, and the vast majority wouldn't even bat an eye shows the music itself, putting it as respectfully as I can, just didn't catch on with people.

Bobbo-

I'll gladly take the libertad bet too. I don't know where this assumption that Guns is any bigger of a brand than Slash is, is coming from. Every single person that was around for that period in time knew who both of them, along with Axl was. But names whatever, it is the way it is and no amount of excuses will change it; so yeah, I'll take the libertad bet.

If you don't see the difference, so be it. But Guns N' Roses carries a lot of weight, and a huge legacy, that Axl has the luxury of having. Slash was just a fraction of that legacy, and he doesn't get the luxury of running around like he was the whole. Also, how many guitarists self producing on an independent label are out there selling in bulk? You could see that as a cop out if you want, but besides that, Slash has already set a bar of post '96 material success Axl still has yet to reach :shrugs: . But oh well.

If you wanna take the bet, be my guess. The real deal is that the next nu album won't sell more than a million worldwide in a three month span. PM me if you want more details. Otherwise, have at it.