Soundgarden - 'King Animal' - Album Stream

realpoti

First impressions, very solid effort, much better than I had hoped or expected after the last Cornell album,

couple of great songs that wouldn't sound out of place on a previous release.

It's also great to have Kim Thayil back on a major release, he's gotta be 1 of the best rock guitarists ever.

Edited by headshrinker

This is a GREAT Soundgarden record. IMO, far superior to Down on the Upside even though that had some choice tracks.

You can tell they took their time to create all killer, no filler. Will sound even so much better with good speakers/headphones. :wub:

Sounds good. I wanna wait until it actually comes out though. Soundgarden is a great band but IMO they really only have two great albums.

This is a GREAT Soundgarden record. IMO, far superior to Down on the Upside even though that had some choice tracks.

You can tell they took their time to create all killer, no filler. Will sound even so much better with good speakers/headphones. :wub:

Sounds good. I wanna wait until it actually comes out though. Soundgarden is a great band but IMO they really only have two great albums.

Two great albums ? everything up untill Down on the Upside is fucking gold

Ultramega OK - pretty shit, 4 tracks are fucking jokes (not sure if that was intentional with Circle of Power :lol:)

Louder than Love - Ok, crap mixing

DOTU - good, but letdown after BMF and SU

Like I said they're good but a band like AIC or even STP kill them in consistency.

Whats your fave track of all time? Mines Slaves and Bulldozers :)

Ultramega OK - pretty shit, 4 tracks are fucking jokes (not sure if that was intentional with Circle of Power :lol:)

Louder than Love - Ok, crap mixing

DOTU - good, but letdown after BMF and SU

Like I said they're good but a band like AIC or even STP kill them in consistency.

Whats your fave track of all time? Mines Slaves and Bulldozers :)

Each to hiw own man I find first four albums brilliant Badmotorfinger and Superunknown being superior to Ultramega OK and Louder then Love but still they`re awesome records some quality Stoner Rock and Doom Metal riffs on those albums mixing and production needed more work on UMOK and LTHL otherwise solid efforts as for tracks, Rusty Cage, Jesus Christ Pose, Outshined and many more agree with you on AIC and disagree on STP

Edited by Son of a Guns

Agreed that they had 2 great albums (now 3 ) as Louder than Love and Ultramega OK have moments and Down on the Upside is strong effort but with too many fillers.

AiC have been a model of consistency , one great album after another , Tripod got some mixed reviews but is fuckin' fantastic my favorite AiC record.

Not quite sure about STP for me it's much more of a singles band only Purple and Tiny Music... are awesome records without many fillers but on the other hand on every single record one will find some gems.

Back to Soundgarden that have really created something special with King Animal, it sounds like Soundgarden but on the other hand is somehow fresh without copying themselves, it sounds like great effort and something they have put all of heart and work into.

"Rowing" is a highlight for me it's like heavy, dark ultimate blues track. But it's so hard to find weak song it's almost all killer no filler record. Apart from "Rowing", "Bones of Bird", "By Crooked Steps", "Taree" are my favorites.

I didn't think that they would make a better "comeback" record than "Black Gives Way to Blue" but they really did.

This makes 3(great albums). As eye2eye said, it totally sounds like a SG record, but fresh throughout. This and Van Halen ADKOT makes 2 amazing comebacks in 2012 that will be eaten up by their fan bases. The tour should be awesome.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

You can't disagree on STP. Fact.

Def know where you're coming from and I agree with you 100%

Core, Purple and Tiny Music are the only STP albums that I call classics the rest have brilliant moments but overall are weak as cohesive works reunion record was very disappointing

Core, Purple and Tiny Music are the only STP albums that I call classics the rest have brilliant moments but overall are weak as cohesive works reunion record was very disappointing

Trust me. Give No. 4 and Shangri La some more time and you'll defintely see how good they are as a unit.

Oh yeah, their reunion CD. I forget about that one. Makes a lovely drink coaster, I must say. :lol:

Yeah I was thinking about this album in terms of how good BGWTB was (i fuckin' love that album). To hear people say its on the same level, gets me very excited.

Great album. Love it!

Stand-out songs for me, besides the first two singles, were By Crooked Steps, A Thousand Days Before, Bones of Birds, Taree, Halfway There. I loved the whole album though, honestly. Can't wait to give it another couple of listens.

Can't wait until they come around here on tour again. I'll gladly go to multiple shows!

Trust me. Give No. 4 and Shangri La some more time and you'll defintely see how good they are as a unit.

Oh yeah, their reunion CD. I forget about that one. Makes a lovely drink coaster, I must say. :lol:

Yeah I was thinking about this album in terms of how good BGWTB was (i fuckin' love that album). To hear people say its on the same level, gets me very excited.

No.4 and Shangri La are cool but I still don't see those albums as great and Core have some really weak fillers as well.

I think King Animal is better than BGWTB in one aspect for sure it is cohesive, it sounds like an album and BGWTB was more of a collection of great songs as AIC merged all their sides into one album playing to all their strengths, it was so much different then their previous albums being. On BGWTB they took the best parts of every album and mixed them into one.