Any chance of Jian Ghomeshi interviewing Axl?

sascha

So I was browsing through YouTube the other day and found these really amazing interviews the guy does. It's not the usual crap, he does really good interviews.

Axl going on Jimmy Kimmel and doing a bit with USA Today was one thing and it was great seing him open up for a bit, but Axl sitting down with this guy could really be like the one interview all fans have been waiting for a long time.

Have a look at this guy working his way around yet into Robert Plant without asking "so when is Led Zeppelin going to reunite" ever or how he got Neil Young to open up about songwriting and stuf and tell me you wouldn't love to see Axl sitting there shooting the shit with this guy.

What do you think?

Edited by sascha

He's like the only guy I could think of to go a little deeper without being too pushy and ask about the current state of the band while at the same time being respectful about the old without geting into nostalgia been there done that 'when are you gonna reunite with Slash' type of bullshit. The Plant interview is a great example of that.

i LOVE jian. he would do the interview in a heartbeat too i bet. i'm certain he likes the band and has interviewd members of the first gnr......i should ask him on facebook

The guy had Slash on his show and from what I recall the interviewer never said shit about Axl or the new band. He wasn't trying to get Slash to badmouth Axl either, it was all about the music and the creative process, very respectful and insightful, really good interviewer.

Not too get too excited but that guy having Axl on the show could hit a million views on YT in no time. The overall reaction to the Kmmel interview was very positive, now think of what could be gained from an in depth on camera talk with such a great interviewer.

So I was browsing through YouTube the other day and found these really amazing interviews the guy does. It's not the usual crap, he does really good interviews.

Axl going on Jimmy Kimmel and doing a bit with USA Today was one thing and it was great seing him open up for a bit, but Axl sitting down with this guy could really be like the one interview all fans have been waiting for a long time.

Have a look at this guy working his way around yet into Robert Plant without asking "so when is Led Zeppelin going to reunite" ever or how he got Neil Young to open up about songwriting and stuf and tell me you wouldn't love to see Axl sitting there shooting the shit with this guy.

What do you think?

Great interview....Plant is so classy. Imagine if he'd been calling his various line ups/bands Led Zeppelin, Zep woulda gone down as a joke but he kept it classy. Axl shoulda gone the same route, things woulda turned out so much different for him.

Great interview....Plant is so classy. Imagine if he'd been calling his various line ups/bands Led Zeppelin, Zep woulda gone down as a joke but he kept it classy. Axl shoulda gone the same route, things woulda turned out so much different for him.

For me Axl has more in common with Page actually, in that their bands are probably the only or at least the biggest thing for them in their creative life, while Slash and Plant don't need their bands as much to keep going, Axl and Page pretty much define themselves as artists through the band.

And I agree Robert is great in that interview, but so the interviewer.

Have you seen that pathetic Billy Corgan interview the guy did? The interviewer was basically rolling out a red carpet for him, but Corgan just went into his usual bitchwhine mode about 'the state of music' and all that shit.

Then up comes Robert Plant and goes "Up there on the pantheon, there are no iPods." You have the difference between a monkey and a god right there in that one quote.

Man I would love see Axl sitting down with that interviewer.

• 2 years later...