G'NR have been in rehearsals untill 2am this morning at the Joint with Axl.

bumblecool

outside of the 5 or 10 fans of New Guns N Roses on this board, I doubt anyone who pays money to see them at the Joint wants to hear a New Song, if Axl announces this is a New song we have been working on, most in the crowd will see that as a time to go to the bathroom

"Look at me! I like to be ridiculous and make it look like I know stuff! :awesomeface:"

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

outside of the 5 or 10 fans of New Guns N Roses on this board, I doubt anyone who pays money to see them at the Joint wants to hear a New Song, if Axl announces this is a New song we have been working on, most in the crowd will see that as a time to go to the bathroom

"Look at me! I like to be ridiculous and make it look like I know stuff! :awesomeface:"

its the truth, do you think the average fan there who wants to here old guns n roses is going to get excited when Axl announces his new song

no matter what the reason, i think it's a good thing.

its the truth, do you think the average fan there who wants to here old guns n roses is going to get excited when Axl announces his new song

i agree with this

seems like he's rehearsing with stage clothes, it would suck if its another cover or an old song, c'mon they bringed back civil war, estranged, used to love her and others, you say that the shows are making them look like a nostalgia show but you still want more old songs, lets make them add something new.

:rofl-lol: This thread

You won't be laughing when Axl debuts The General and Atlas Shrugged tonight.

Five bucks says he doesn't.

And you still owe me five because they opened with You're Crazy at Bridge School LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD

Black Sabbath doesn't work with money, offer him a rare steelbook and he'll accept! :lol:

Edited by pi2loc

i agree with this

People who know the band enough to purchase a ticket would most certainly enjoy a new song or two.

Some people are acting like the fans at the shows are opera fans who accidently ended up at a GnR show. Any rock fan, at a GnR show, would appreciate a new song.

i agree with this

People who know the band enough to purchase a ticket would most certainly enjoy a new song or two.

Some people are acting like the fans at the shows are opera fans who accidently ended up at a GnR show. Any rock fan, at a GnR show, would appreciate a new song.

We need new material. I doubt Axl cares though.

I don't know, if people come for the classic hits then they might not appreciate songs they haven't heard before. It is a taxing thing with all those solos, CD songs and covers, adding brand new songs in addition might not be popular with that particular audience demographic. Of course you also have guys who would appreciate hearing new music even if they came for the classics. It is a complex thing. But I don't believe "any rock fan" would appreciate a new song within a 3 hour long marathon.

They should really be launching CD II off this Vegas Residency.

Perfect time for it.

I can't see when they will have a higher profile. Maybe it's the peak of the post-CD world but it looks like a good place to jump off. We have altitude people.

I don't know, if people come for the classic hits then they might not appreciate songs they haven't heard before. It is a taxing thing with all those solos, CD songs and covers, adding brand new songs in addition might not be popular with that particular audience demographic. Of course you also have guys who would appreciate hearing new music even if they came for the classics. It is a complex thing. But I don't believe "any rock fan" would appreciate a new song within a 3 hour long marathon.

Not even a rock fan choosing to pay money to see Axl and GnR?

It is a 3 hour show with 27 songs? I really don't think anybody complains if they drop out ta get me or its so easy or motivation and play a brand new song. AND, I would bet money that the crowd would go wild if half way through the show Axl says "this is a brand new song we've never played live before".......some people make it sound like GnR fans are gonna get mad if that happens. People are there having fun.

And it isn't like they are going to drop a classic song. All the big guns would still be played. The conversation won't be "should we drop jungle, scom or Nov rain and play a new song?"

It is a 3 hour show with 27 songs? I really don't think anybody complains if they drop out ta get me or its so easy or motivation and play a brand new song. AND, I would bet money that the crowd would go wild if half way through the show Axl says "this is a brand new song we've never played live before".......some people make it sound like GnR fans are gonna get mad if that happens. People are there having fun.

And it isn't like they are going to drop a classic song. All the big guns would still be played. The conversation won't be "should we drop jungle, scom or Nov rain and play a new song?"

The audience might not know that, they might just hear a new song and be afraid they'd be missing out on some classic song. After all, that's why they are there. Again, it is a complex thing, some will be open-minded enough to appreciate a new song, others will be bored (especially when it comes on top of solos and covers). It's a mixed thing, but I don't think your idea that everyone would be happy for a new song, is correct. You have a tendency to make things that are rather complex a bit too simplified.

The audience might not know that, they might just hear a new song and be afraid they'd be missing out on some classic song. After all, that's why they are there. Again, it is a complex thing, some will be open-minded enough to appreciate a new song, others will be bored (especially when it comes on top of solos and covers). It's a mixed thing, but I don't think your idea that everyone would be happy for a new song, is correct. You have a tendency to make things that are rather complex a bit too simplified.

Ok, than drop a solo, I don't think it would be a bad thing to drop Whole Lotta Rosie or Live and Let Die for a night. Hell, maybe Tommy doesn't have to do Motivation? The casual fans can have all the hits they want, it's about throwing a bone to the people that actually care about the new GN'R. Hell, look at Dublin this year, Axl through us a bone with TWAT. It's not a bad thing to do SOMETHING different, even for one night. And hell, maybe it'll be a new song, a old song, a song their working on right now and they want to try it out live. Do something different and exciting, especially for the Vegas residency. Allow the fans to leave the arena knowing they saw something cool and surprising.

I highly doubt a fan is going to hear a new song and be scared their missing out on a classic song, especially if the new song kicks ass. Most of the people at a GN'R concert are Guns N' Roses fans, not people off the sreets who just want to hear Sweet Child O' Mine and Nighttrain and leave. If they played a new song it will be rewarding and surprising to the people attending the show.

Playing a new song, or even a old song from the Illusions (even for one night) will certainly a good thing.

Edited by GNR123GNR456