Anyone else miss "this is a new song" from Rio 2001?

volcano62

Remember that the vast majority of the people attending the shows don't give a fuck about new music... They just wanna hear the killer songs from 'real' GnR - anything else is a filler (been there, heard & seen that).

That being said as an Axl fan I'd love to hear new music. rock3

I would listen to the Rio 2001 version of Madagascar on my iPod all the time before CD came out. Axl fucking kill it on there, epic performance. The intro remained on the iPod with the "this is a new song" and Beta translating. That version will never be topped.

If they play Atlas in Vegas i'll kiss a public toilet bowl seat

Why?

Take my statement as a challenge to the band. We all know it won't happen so I won't be getting HIV anytime soon

Ah, for a moment I thought hearing a new songs would just be too much so you had to experience something awful to balance it out lest your head explode ;)

If they play Atlas in Vegas i'll kiss a public toilet bowl seat

Why?

Take my statement as a challenge to the band. We all know it won't happen so I won't be getting HIV anytime soon

Ah, for a moment I thought hearing a new songs would just be too much so you had to experience something awful to balance it out lest your head explode ;)

Actually you might be right :ph34r:

I would listen to the Rio 2001 version of Madagascar on my iPod all the time before CD came out. Axl fucking kill it on there, epic performance. The intro remained on the iPod with the "this is a new song" and Beta translating. That version will never be topped.

Madagascar in Rio 2001 and 2002 are the best versions EVER. it has not been the same ever since not even on the album.

With that said it's still a great song just not as awesome as in 2001-2002.

I miss it. Axl seemed eager to showcase what his band had come up with. They played Silkworms, OMG, Maddie, The Blues and Chidem that show. I don't think they will play new songs this year...

Funny how they played more CD songs that show than they did most shows after the album was out. Actually it's not funny, it's sad.

He seemed to be so much more excited and passionate about the whole thing back then. If he could find a way to keep that through all the shit I believe not only would be have better setlist, we'd be much closer to a new album and maybe even have a better band overall.

Not in my wildest dreams I could imagine the Axl of 2001/2002 putting on a corporate greatest hits show with DJ Ashba.

Rio 2001 was awesome because it had some tension. All the way from Buckethead to "that guy...gone!", introducing new material, Beta translating and little things like "ok, nevermind" there was some actual INTERACTION with the band and crowd, it was a real concert, not just a "show".

Edited by sascha