So I just made a ass out of my self in front of dizzy

ThomasMeadow

You know what's awesome? Guns N' Roses members taking the time to hang with their fans and be nice to them.

You know what's sad? A bunch of people sitting around on the internet arguing about what constitutes a "rock star" or whatever.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sometimes you're over whelmed when you meet an idol of yours. At my age, I don't care what people think, so when Dizzy had a break, I would have went up to him and talked to him for a bit. If I feel, people are in the middle of something and don't want to be disturbed, then that's cool.

Next time, smiling would be cool or a wave.

Since I"ve moved to Dallas, I've met so many people whom I've liked and believe me, they're just people like you and me and they get nervous too. Remember that next time you see someone you admire. If they turn out to be dicks, then they weren't worth your time anyway.

You know what's awesome? Guns N' Roses members taking the time to hang with their fans and be nice to them.

You know what's sad? A bunch of people sitting around on the internet arguing about what constitutes a "rock star" or whatever.

yeah it is quite humorous

and yeah the rock n roll hall of fame is a shit organization

Well, sometimes you're over whelmed when you meet an idol of yours. At my age, I don't care what people think, so when Dizzy had a break, I would have went up to him and talked to him for a bit. If I feel, people are in the middle of something and don't want to be disturbed, then that's cool.

Since I"ve moved to Dallas, I've met so many people whom I've liked and believe me, they're just people like you and me and they get nervous too. Remember that next time you see someone you admire. If they turn out to be dicks, then they weren't worth your time anyway.

The fame part of it, I think some people bask in it, and others want to avoid it, but it still helps in string pulling. I don't think being the kid of someone on the road a lot is a picnic, whether they're in the military or a traveling musician. There's always some things you can find in common with someone else.

Quite right, I just don't "get" the over importance attached to the HOF

...for awhile their practices were to include singers and leave bands out ie: buddy holly but not the crickets...but I understand this has been remedied...

Good morning Russ :)

Who cares, it's Dizzy.

More than a few people care. I'm not even a big fan of Dizzy and I can still see why/how someone would be upset if they felt they'd made an ass of themselves in front of him..

Exactly....some of these people are straight up toxic

The fame part of it, I think some people bask in it, and others want to avoid it, but it still helps in string pulling. I don't think being the kid of someone on the road a lot is a picnic, whether they're in the military or a traveling musician. There's always some things you can find in common with someone else.

Nice summation Dalsh

..g' morning ;)

yeah it is quite humorous

and yeah the rock n roll hall of fame is a shit organization

I just don't understand how they select people...they do have some nice exhibits but their indoctrination methods are questionable at best..

Funny.

When Axl refused the RnR Hall of Fame posters on here were completely trashing the Hall, saying what a joke it was and how it meant nothing, and they only wanted GnR in it to make money..................now people are using being in the Hall as justificiation of being a rock star? Interesting how some people use the same facts to mean different things depending on whether or not Axl is involved.

So the HOF has special meaning and helps justify the status of a musician.....unless it is in regards to Axl, then it is a joke with no meaning.

It is a money making "institution"that some place a higher value on than is warranted.

Special meaning?Nope..3 members of GNR chose not to attend and Gilby wasn'teven inducted but showed up to take the limelight bath regardless.

Have no idea why RUSH isn't in yet or why Alice Cooper took so long to be included in jann's moneymaking scam.

Oh don't mind him. As usual, he's generalizing about mystery groups that he can only refer to by vague pronouns.

Ya, you caught me.

Oh wait......there were tons of posts from posters saying the HOF was a joke and didn't mean anything.

Corn, this is the D&N section where people chat like adults. And instead of juvenile insults, they debate with facts. So instead of you making a generalized statement please feel free to use facts to back up your point.

If you cannot....and just want to carry grudges and insult people, please go back to the attitude section, where you seem to be a better fit. I'm sure there are plenty of "slash sucks because....." Topics that need posting.

Back in topic........

You certainly have a point. To be clear though- my position has always been that though flawed in many ways- the RNHOF is not entirely w/o merit or meaning. On the whole- I still think Axl and Dizzy probably should have gone (and just not performed). I actually went to the RNRHOF this summer and enjoyed it greatly. The exhibits are incredible.

As far as the other comment about Dj being a bigger "rock star" than Dizzy- I actually agree. I also think Tommy's probably made a bigger name for himself in music (though not in the popular rock genre per se) as well.

That said- as an official recording member of "Old Guns"- Dizzy certainly deserves more respect IMHO than Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zigg Zag and even Gilby (who I like- but only appeared on a covers album) IMHO...

Agreed...Tommy has a true r&r pedigree who hasn't heard of the replacements?

Were his kids hott?? Shoulda got it in bro!!

Cut the imbecilic comments out fkn closet pedo.

Not cute nor amusing

Funny.

When Axl refused the RnR Hall of Fame posters on here were completely trashing the Hall, saying what a joke it was and how it meant nothing, and they only wanted GnR in it to make money..................now people are using being in the Hall as justificiation of being a rock star? Interesting how some people use the same facts to mean different things depending on whether or not Axl is involved.

So the HOF has special meaning and helps justify the status of a musician.....unless it is in regards to Axl, then it is a joke with no meaning.

The HOF is an unofficial and arbitrary organization that acts in their self interest. An artist has no moral obligation to support or participate or cater to the whims of the unofficial HOF.

The HOF uses their leverage to bully artists and extract as much money and favor as possible from all involved. Many ignorant fans believe an artist has some sort of moral duty to appear at their induction, completely oblivious to the behind the scenes factors involved that may cause an artist to want to tell the HOF to fuck off.

Recognizing Axl's right to not appear while pointing to Dizzy's inclusion as an indication of his level of notability is in no way a contradiction.

If you disagree, feel free to civilly explain yourself. Thank you.

Applause!

I think regional hall of fames for musicians of all genres should exist. If you go to Seattle they have the Experience museum. I get that Wenner wanted rock music to be represented, and a museum built to show off memorabilia, but I think going more on a local level where music was very important to that community, should be as much of a goal, because in time, a lot of names will be forgotten and overlooked, their stories lost, as well as having some sort of historic archive available to all. It doesn't just belong in a Hard Rock Cafe for people to look at while eating an overpriced beer, or a museum in Cleveland where they'll buy an overpriced T-shirt.