Axl's best vocal with the new lineups

thomasmcole

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl had a very Axl vibe in 2010. It was classic Axl but a little older. 2010 SOD blows 2012 (Philly) out of the fucking water. And anybody that thinks differently..... well.

Maybe if I had just gotten into GNR in 2002 I would have loved that Philly Perfomance, but getting into GNR in the late '80s... I just can't. But I can get into the 2010 one any day.

Anyone trying to argue that Axl sounded as good last year or this year as he did in 2010 is crazy. I went to the show in Indy. He sounded great. He sounded great listening back to it later, too. But he didn't sound like he did in 2010. He rarely sounded like that even at his peak.

I think he sounds fine right now, some nights better than others. The live streams this year were awful, though. Bordering on unlistenable. I feel like 2010 was probably the most consistent he ever was on any tour. He had a lot more off nights in 2006 and he never got near that level in 2002. And on any given tour with the old band, he could be incredible or absolutely dreadful. He's never been known for consistency live. Ever. There are plenty of shows in the last year where he didn't sound great, but was still enough into the shows that it didn't really matter. The real problems come when he sounds bad and doesn't seem like he wants to be there.

ur all talking about philly's street of dreams, then listen to this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_2nY6o5C4

How does he sound great here?! What the fuck are you people on?! If he sounds the most raspy ever, even to the obvious detriment to the songs do you just think it's awesome?!

Honestly you lot are fucking mental. He sounded shit in 2010 and I haven't liked his voice since 2006. He sounded and looked fucking shit in 2010 and I can only assume it's the people who adore him having too much 'rasp' to his voice that consider it good.

2006 he had a decent balance of rasp and strength in his voice and could sing most of the songs in the back catelogue and the newer stuff. in 2010 he ruined songs, like the version of SOD here.

Obviously he'll never be as good as in 1993 (argentina for example) but 2006 was near as dammit as close for someone of his age.

Rock am Ring 06 in its entirety was one of his best performances.

Exactly, and another highlight is BBF with his improvised solos. I also think his tone was maybe better in 2006.

That is right! Fn nightrain was the best! The band was on roids!

Edited by batman007

How does he sound great here?! What the fuck are you people on?! If he sounds the most raspy ever, even to the obvious detriment to the songs do you just think it's awesome?!

I agree with that to some extent, sometimes there's too much rasp even though some people get a mega hard on for it.

This is probably one of my favorite jungles from 2010.