Slash Premieres "Civil War" Acoustic Live @ Guitar Center on ARTISTdirect.com

Nosaj Thing

ARTISTdirect.com has partnered with guitar deity and rock 'n' roll legend Slash to premiere "Civil War," a track from his new live bundle for Best Buy.

Slash's band, featuring Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators, will release a special three-disc special enhanced edition of their acclaimed new studio album Apocalyptic Love, out November 19, exclusively at Best Buy.

The collection includes the full 15-track version of the album including bonus songs "Crazy Life" and "Carolina," as well as eight unreleased acoustic tracks from the group's Guitar Center Sessions as well as the Live From NY concert DVD from Slash's sold-out record release show filmed live at Irving Plaza in New York City.

The special enhanced edition will also include a collectible guitar pick tin.

So take a few minutes out of your day and enjoy this fiery live cut from the guitar god that is Slash, courtesy of ARTISTdirect.com.

Listen below!

http://w.soundcloud....secret_url=true

Got to be honest, if there's one GN'R song that has never interested me, its Civil War. The same goes sfor KOHD.

Agreed. Never understood the acclaim for that song. Definitely not one of my favourites.

Funny. I remember when my dad bought Use Your Illusion years after he had lost his copy. This was the first song he played and I remember going "holy crap, this is fantastic!" I jumped right on the bandwagon of people that loved this song since it connected with me immediately.

How is Slash able to do this? Doesn't he have to ask permission to record and make money off of old guns songs? And I doubt Axl would give him the ok. It's the same as anyone else covering a song isn't it? I know he can play the songs live, but recording them is different. Unless you guys know something I don't I could see a lawsuit in the future over this.

And besides the fact, Myles sounds like complete ASS on this. I have a gnr tribute album with a chick singing in that is WAAAY better!!!! And tha's not a knock on slash, just my opinion. He really doesn't sound good.

How is Slash able to do this? Doesn't he have to ask permission to record and make money off of old guns songs? And I doubt Axl would give him the ok. It's the same as anyone else covering a song isn't it? I know he can play the songs live, but recording them is different. Unless you guys know something I don't I could see a lawsuit in the future over this.

Slash owns the same percentage of the old GNR music as Axl does. Also this performance is live.

Slash owns the same percentage of the old GNR music as Axl does. Also this performance is live.

I understand that owns the same amount of royalties of the old music, but I thought he couldn't try and make money on that stuff anymore. And isn't that essentially what he is doing? So are you saying that he could essentially rerecord appetite with myles and sell it and Axl can't do anything abou it? I highly doubt that. Even though this performance is live, putting it on an album to sell seems like a different story to me. I don't know the ins and outs of these sort of things, please educate me.

I understand that owns the same amount of royalties of the old music, but I thought he couldn't try and make money on that stuff anymore. And isn't that essentially what he is doing? So are you saying that he could essentially rerecord appetite with myles and sell it and Axl can't do anything abou it? I highly doubt that. Even though this performance is live, putting it on an album to sell seems like a different story to me. I don't know the ins and outs of these sort of things, please educate me.

It's not even really royalties as someone like Izzy still gets his cut of that, but Slash, Axl and Duff each co-own all the old GNR stuff. Axl only owns the name by himself. So that means that technically they each would have to agree to put a song in a movie, commercial or whatever.

Any of them could re-record Appetite and release it, Axl supposedly tried, but the key is they would have to rerecord it because they couldn't by themselves just use the old recordings. So you could rerecord it and release it but the other guys would get a significant cut of the income generated, so it'd be kinda pointless.

So you are saying that Axl and Duff get money from Slash's new version of Civil War? That would be kinda ironic.

Yeah anyone who has a share in the ownership of the song would get a cut of that particular song on a release because it's technically a cover. Kinda like how Bob Dylan probably has made quite a bit of money off of GNR because they released a cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door.