Do you think it would be easier for New GNR to have a hit with an original song or a cover song?

Randy Lahey

Do you think it would be easier for New GNR to have a hit with an original song or a cover song? I think it's maybe time for Axl to use his voice to interpret other people's songs and remind people again of how great a singer he once was.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'd love a proper studio version of Kohd, the one that was released sucks. Didn't Axl talk about how he wanted to release an updated version in the 2006 eddie trunk chats?

Edited by Gunns

Very good question. I'd say for the mass public it would have to be a cover...And if they could get it on a movie soundtrack I think that would help too.

I know,I know...oh my god and if the world were on soundtracks....but I think they'd have more interest if it was a cover...if anything it would get people talking.

I'd like to say original but I think with the current appearance of NuGNr I'd have to say a cover. I think for the general public to take any notice or to look kindly on the current incarnation of GNR it would take a really good version of a much loved and well known song.

I think the general public would be more accepting of New GNR releasing a classic rock cover song than New GNR releasing an original techno industrial rocker with a non melodic Bumblefoot shred solo.

Edited by Randy Lahey